I love the beauty of Martha Stewart's

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc.) to product reviews of items that may have slipped under our radar (e.g. - Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything "new" unless it harkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Re: I love the beauty of Martha Stewart's

Post by Thunktank » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Rusty wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm
Off Topic
Every time I see the title of this thread, it makes me think of Peter Dinklage's character in the movie Pixels, and his desire for a Serena Williams/Martha Stewart sandwich experience in the Lincoln bedroom of the White House. Maybe I just need therapy for having watched that movie.

I know... it's awful... I keep adding 'Hooters' to the statement and then remember that she has to be in her 70's so it's a fetish at best. Awful. Thunk is sick.
Lol!

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am

Best wooden boat I've owned was actually wooden-framed, and covered. Folbot, based in Charleston, was essentially a two man kayak. It was great in the rivers, and was even taken offshore once.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:02 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am
Best wooden boat I've owned was actually wooden-framed, and covered. Folbot, based in Charleston, was essentially a two man kayak. It was great in the rivers, and was even taken offshore once.
There are two of those up for sale on Craigslist right now in my area. One is in good shape. How did they paddle? They look more like kayak sailboats to me. Really wide beam.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:02 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am
There are two of those up for sale on Craigslist right now in my area. One is in good shape. How did they paddle? They look more like kayak sailboats to me. Really wide beam.
The one I had, paddled very easily. It was a two seater, with dual oars. I still have the oars.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)