I Have Started a Theology Thread

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

I Have Started a Theology Thread

Post by A_Morley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

It appears that I have never done so before and since it appears that one has to be neither sane nor sober to do so I decided to get in on the action.

Any questions?
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28010
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Post by coco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:50 am

Infralapsarian or Supralapsarian?
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Post by A_Morley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 am

Sublapsarianism, I suppose. Nasty Calvinist words, really.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15460
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Post by gaining_age » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:12 am

Whatever shall be put in said thread? Wouldn't want it to be thread bare.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9037
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 am

If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
SmokinGordon
Eternal Newbie (On a 12 Step Program from Overusing the Quote Function)
Eternal Newbie (On a 12 Step Program from Overusing the Quote Function)
Posts: 2814
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Memphis
Contact:

Post by SmokinGordon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:53 am

sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
When I grow up, I want to look like Mrs. Coco's grandpa. :D
Del: "If I only wanted to smoke it once in awhile, I'd just buy a cigar"

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Post by Skip » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 am

SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
Not if you never had one. Where's your logic, man?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36853
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by Del » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 am

SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
?????

Heaven is not eternity.

Eventually there will be the Resurrection of the Dead, when you will get your navel back. And it will be glorified.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33928
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Post by UncleBob » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 am

Skip wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
Not if you never had one. Where's your logic, man?
Logic? Where would you keep the salt when you are eating celery in bed? 8O
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
fiddlestix
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by fiddlestix » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:18 am

Funniest line of the morning! :lol:
Del wrote:...you will get your navel back. And it will be glorified.

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: I Have Started a Theology Thread

Post by Rusty » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:04 am

A_Morley wrote:It appears that I have never done so before and since it appears that one has to be neither sane nor sober to do so I decided to get in on the action.

Any questions?
Is this one of the items on your bucket list?

There are a lot of things that do not require sobriety nor mental stability. Most of them have a more interesting story than this 'event' appears to have. So?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole
Posts: 9525
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by OldWorldSwine » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 am

UncleBob wrote:
Skip wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
Not if you never had one. Where's your logic, man?
Logic? Where would you keep the salt when you are eating celery in bed? 8O
Post of the Month.
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

User avatar
SmokinGordon
Eternal Newbie (On a 12 Step Program from Overusing the Quote Function)
Eternal Newbie (On a 12 Step Program from Overusing the Quote Function)
Posts: 2814
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Memphis
Contact:

Post by SmokinGordon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 am

Del wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
?????

Heaven is not eternity.

Eventually there will be the Resurrection of the Dead, when you will get your navel back. And it will be glorified.
A glorified navel. Just think of it! Will outies turn into innies, or vice versa?
When I grow up, I want to look like Mrs. Coco's grandpa. :D
Del: "If I only wanted to smoke it once in awhile, I'd just buy a cigar"

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 8050
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 am

With no navel where would one store his lint?

Perhaps he should give up lint for lent.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Post by Rusty » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 am

mont974x4 wrote:With no navel where would one store his lint?
Between the toes. You have toes, right? Others store it between their ears.

The redundancy on the human body is amazing.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 8050
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 am

Rusty wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:With no navel where would one store his lint?
Between the toes. You have toes, right? Others store it between their ears.

The redundancy on the human body is amazing.
What if you can't reach your toes?
Ear wax makes accessing the lint between my ears an issue. I think lint is best enjoyed when dry and free from contamination.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by serapion » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am

Mary.
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36853
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by Del » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 pm

SmokinGordon wrote:
Del wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
?????

Heaven is not eternity.

Eventually there will be the Resurrection of the Dead, when you will get your navel back. And it will be glorified.
A glorified navel. Just think of it! Will outies turn into innies, or vice versa?
Long have I contemplated how my glorified navel will adorn my glorified abs!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17150
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

WE WANT THE FUNK

GIVE UP THE FUNK

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6483
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by infidel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Del wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
Del wrote:
SmokinGordon wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:If you really wanted to start something interesting, you'd have started another "Adam was a hermaphrodite" thread.

I've heard that Adam was "born", as it were, as a 33 yr old with no navel, no memory, and no experience. Is this how we will enter Heaven? e.g., to remain 33 yrs old for eternity?
The scary part would be if we will spend eternity without navels. Honestly now, wouldn't you miss your navel?
?????

Heaven is not eternity.

Eventually there will be the Resurrection of the Dead, when you will get your navel back. And it will be glorified.
A glorified navel. Just think of it! Will outies turn into innies, or vice versa?
Long have I contemplated how my glorified navel will adorn my glorified abs!
Word of the day: Omphaloskepsis
Wikipedia wrote:Omphaloskepsis is contemplation of one's navel as an aid to meditation.[1]

The word comes from Greek omphalos (navel) + skepsis (act of looking, examination). Similar words are omphaloskeptic (one who engages in the practice) and omphaloskeptical (related to contemplation of one's navel).

Actual use of the practice as an aid to contemplation of basic principles of the cosmos and human nature is found in the practice of yoga of Hinduism and sometimes in the Eastern Orthodox Church.[2] Some consider the navel to be "a powerful chakra of the body".[3] [4]

However, phrases such as "contemplating one's navel" or "navel-gazing" are frequently used, usually in jocular fashion, to refer to self-absorbed pursuits.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Post Reply