Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: A Coming Persecution

Post by Del » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 am

wosbald wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 am
+JMJ+

LatAm debunks persistent myth about anti-Christian persecution [News Analysis]
Friends and family carry the coffin with the body of Jose Esteban Sevilla Medina, who died after he was shot in the chest at a barricade during an attack by the police and paramilitary forces, in Masaya, Nicaragua, Monday, July 16, 2018. (Credit: AP Photo/Cristobal Venegas.)

Nicaragua and Venezuela are both strongly Catholic countries, yet in both today anti-Christian persecution is on rise -- showing it's a myth that Christians are at risk only where they're a minority.

Recent developments in the Central American nations of Nicaragua and Venezuela both offer not only sobering indications about the direction of those societies, but also a thorough debunking of one of the most persistent myths about anti-Christian persecution in the early 21st century.
Since the subject first arose as a matter of political and media chatter in the 1990s, conversation about anti-Christian persecution has gone through several phases of denial.

[…]

The remaining type of denial, and one that’s proven surprisingly enduring, is that Christians are at risk of persecution only where they’re a minority. In largely Christian societies, or so the myth goes, individual Christians ought to be safe - and if they’re not, whatever they’re suffering isn’t really “religious” persecution.
Even a moment’s reflection, however, is enough to demonstrate that it’s not just places where Christians are a minority that form the front lines of this war, and it never has been..
Our culture is ignorant of history, ancient and modern. Why is there a "myth" that Christians are only persecuted when they are in the minority?

Have we forgotten the French Revolution? Cromwell in Ireland?

Less than 100 years ago: The repression of Catholics in Mexico under the Calles regime, the rebellion of the Cristero War, and the martyrdom of Blessed Miguel Pro.

We won't see a "hot" persecution in America anytime soon -- because our police and military are mostly filled with Christian believers.
Last edited by Del on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am

Del wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 am
snip
Del, please move your response to the OPT-IN area.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:36 am

durangopipe wrote:
wosbald wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 am
+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am
wos - I like this avatar. Sweet Christogram!

:taco:
Thanx!

Well, that's one fer and one agin.
Make it anotha ver.
With three dogs and a cat, we have enough fur in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Del

Post by Del » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am

John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am
Del wrote:
snip
The offending paragraph has been deleted. Should be good now.

Thanks for catching this.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:58 am

Del wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am
Del wrote:
snip
The offending paragraph has been deleted. Should be good now.

Thanks for catching this.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Not sure why I'm posting to this thread (most likely to delay doing the dishes) but as probably the only person here to have lost family members and friends for the mere fact that they were Christians (in Egypt) not to mention the church I grew up in Jersey was burned down in '79 by arson and periodically has arabic anti-Christian graffiti pop up on it to this day. What is happening here isn't persecution, it just the consequence of society moving on from from a Christian one to a post-Christian one and now almost all the way back to a pre-Christian one (just to define things with post-Christian being vast majority having some sort of Christian formation by straying away from the church/faith for various reasons, to a pre-Christian one with an increasing large percent have no sort of Christian foundation) coupled with the overall decrease of civility in public discourse and other societal ills. Christian ideals (or what have you) no longer carries the weight or the consideration it once did. If you are used to that culturally; what is happening is a bit of a shock and saddening.

When I need to start worrying about being martyred because of walking into a church, or something bad will happen to my wife because she wears a cross out in public, or need to tattoo a cross on my children so they would know they came from a Christian family in case of them being kidnapped and forced to convert; then I'll worry about persecution.

Besides we were promised persecution anyway.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III