A Coming Persecution

For those deep thinkers out there.
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Re: A Coming Persecution

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:15 pm

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Naahhh. That could be a cross stuck in a flower pot. hmmmm.... not likely a plus sign. But it also could be a dagger or T used to indicate the transpose of matrix. Yes, that's likely.

Did you notice the verticals in the horizontal bar? It could be a fractal cross. Very fecund!
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:32 pm

A_Morley wrote:I feel compelled to persecute any and all people who continue posting to this goddamn thread.
Including yourself? What about others who use God's name as a fill in, curse word, pegorative?
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Kerdy wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
I shouldn't be laughing because it's really not funny! :lol:
Yer a bad, bad man! Shame on you!

:chili:

I'm just curious if Kerdy, Del, wos, hogleg, et al would consider this persecution or no.
The real question is when you will recognize persecution for what it really is before it's too late.
Is that an "evasion", a "no+evasion", or a "yes+evasion"?

Thanks!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Kerdy wrote:
A_Morley wrote:I feel compelled to persecute any and all people who continue posting to this goddamn thread.
Including yourself? What about others who use God's name as a fill in, curse word, pegorative?
I didn't use the name of any deity in any such way nor was I aware of the fact that my maiden aunt was reading and posting on CPS. Also, there is no such word as "pegorative", goddammit.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Sorry. This thread really is an attempt by me to better understand this mindset.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:45 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sorry. This thread really is an attempt by me to better understand this mindset.
does Maafa 21 help?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow. This may be interesting. Thanks!

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Hovannes wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
does Maafa 21 help?
Yep. Fascinating.

Thanks!

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:59 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
I didn't use the name of any deity in any such way nor was I aware of the fact that my maiden aunt was reading and posting on CPS. Also, there is no such word as "pegorative", goddammit.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/pejorative

https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... Fvs9uoyKkk

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dict ... pejorative

Keep insulting God. It's okay with me. God, on the other hand...
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Kerdy wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Kerdy wrote:

Those are the definitions of the word "pejorative". You, however, wrote "pegorative". God, I love it when yokels attempt to be erudite.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:26 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
does Maafa 21 help?
Yep. Fascinating.

Thanks!
Yet another example of Persecution:
https://cbhd.org/content/forced-sterili ... -national-

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Hovannes wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
does Maafa 21 help?
Yep. Fascinating.

Thanks!
Yet another example of Persecution:
https://cbhd.org/content/forced-sterili ... -national-
And one way of conducting ethnic cleansing
http://in-dios.blogspot.com/2007/08/ste ... enous.html
The forced sterilization programs of indigenous people in Central America were underwritten, IIRC, by the United States.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 pm

As much as I dislike Alex Jones, this is a credible list of lies told by the current administration
http://www.infowars.com/252-documented- ... nyism-etc/
Thing is, this behavior has been accepted by the media and largely unaddressed by the two other branches of government.
The bottom line is----
A sitting US President can persecute his political opponents through the IRS.
A sitting US President can pick and choose which laws he wishes to have enforced.
A sitting US President can enact laws independent of Congress.
The precedent is already set.
What forms of oppression will the next President cook up?
This doesn't inspire confidence, does it?

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Kerdy wrote:

Those are the definitions of the word "pejorative". You, however, wrote "pegorative". God, I love it when yokels attempt to be erudite.

I see. You are happy over finding an auto correct problem with my phone I apparently didn't catch. Congratulations. :dance:

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Hovannes wrote:As much as I dislike Alex Jones, this is a credible list of lies told by the current administration
Thing is, this behavior has been accepted by the media and largely unaddressed by the two other branches of government.
The bottom line is----
A sitting US President can pick and choose which laws he wishes to have enforced.
Political persecution? This could be an endless topic of discussion. I just have to figure out where to begin. I topic worthy of exchange to be certain, especially these days.

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:10 am

Kerdy wrote:
Hovannes wrote:As much as I dislike Alex Jones, this is a credible list of lies told by the current administration
The bottom line is----
Political persecution? This could be an endless topic of discussion. I just have to figure out where to begin. I topic worthy of exchange to be certain, especially these days.
Kerdy, the kulturkampf was possibly even very likely, a foreshadowing of what is going on today in the US. religious persecution and political persecution aren't far apart.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:29 am

Hovannes wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
The bottom line is----
Kerdy, the kulturkampf was possibly even very likely, a foreshadowing of what is going on today in the US. religious persecution and political persecution aren't far apart.
Indeed, they are bedfellows. What I find interesting is the ones doing the most persecuting are the ones demanding equality.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 am

+JMJ+
Kerdy wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
The bottom line is----
Indeed, they are bedfellows. What I find interesting is the ones doing the most persecuting are the ones demanding equality.
Equality, absolutely applied, is a form of persecution. It persecutes personal dignity and is a crime against humanity.

ImageImage

"For this reason, on June 1, 1951 … we did speak of the right of people to migrate, which right is founded in the very nature of land."
— Pope Pius XII, Exsul Familia Nazarethana

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
Kerdy wrote:
Hovannes wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
The bottom line is----
Equality, absolutely applied, is a form of persecution. It persecutes personal dignity and is a crime against humanity.
They don't understand this. They become what they claim to hate.