Typical services at my church

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:35 am

Skip wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:44 am
Onyx wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm
...
Thus, I always had an idea of Protestants that included unifying belief--all Protestants believed X. Looking at this thread, that's clearly not true. So I'm asking, not to pry, but to see if the reasons everybody's services seem similar is because, by some fluke, everybody who has answered is from the same denomination or if there are unifying factors, if being a Protestant actually does have an umbra of unifying belief that will be present everywhere regardless of actual denomination.

Nobody is on the hot seat and I'm very sorry if it feels that way. Please feel free not to answer, folks.
I've been to a fair few Protestant churches so I have an unwelcome contribution to this discussion borne of dubious experience. The services are similar in most protestant churches because, once you arrive at the idea that there will be certain essentials - prayer, Bible reading, preaching, songs... then it stands to reason that they're be formatted with opening an closing prayers, main prayers in the middle somewhere... the songs will be early, build toward the preaching... that basic arrangement looks similar most places because they're all responding the same requirements - i.e. get those essentials done before the ladies serve tea and coffee. (About the only thing I never saw was men serving the coffee and cake. Though I'm sure it happens some places.)

But the real differences are in the substance of the preaching. There's massive variation there. Some places I'm headed for hell. Some places there is no hell. Some were hell.
Unwelcome? You practically nailed it!
Yeah. Somethings wrong when you hesitate about things you know about, man.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Joshoowah » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 am

Del wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:37 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:24 am
I've really found the similarities and differences in styles interesting.
Can I still ask questions? Seems like many of you describe very similar worship services, at least in format. Would you mind a roll call by denomination? That is to say, I'm curious about what you call yourselves and it seems Protestant might actually be overbroad.
How do mainline Protestants, that is, Methodists, Episcopals, Presbyterians, etc differ from evangelical services. I guess I'm most curious what marks out the evangelical.
So, this is where we enter the confessional?

I have attended Baptist (SBC) churches since before I could walk.

The pattern of the worship service has changed very little, although the types of music have changed from time to time. Generally, it has been 1 hour from start to finish, Let it be said here, that the worship service generally follows what I refer to as Sunday School, which was strictly a Biblical educational program when I was a child, and tends more to discipleship some now. I have generally enjoyed this hour about as much as the primary service.

As to the "regular" worship service pattern: Three to four songs. A welcome and announcements mixed somewhere therein. A choir special or solo or two among the song service. One of the songs is designated as an Offertory song, but is not always necessarily stewardship thematic, followed by a prayer and the passing of the plate. The sermon is delivered after the song service concludes and is of the pastor's choice as to topic. The topic can stand alone or be part of a series. My experience has been that the Old and New Testaments receive about equal attention, but there is always an effort to point toward Christ. Most every service ends with an "invitation" and "invitation song" in which folks are invited to profess a belief in Christ as Savior and Lord. Afterwards there is usually a Benediction.

Before I get pigeon-holed, as the national SBC has crawled farther out on the farthest right limbs, I have kept myself more at arm's length personally.
I think brings us to the point of things.

-- Apostolic Christians approach the altar to receive Christ in the Eucharist.
-- Evangelicals come closest to this Tradition when they respond to the invitation of an altar call.

I am genuinely uncertain as to what Evangelicals believe about their own communion services. I gather that it is a memorial of Christ's passion and death.
Read a book or three and you'll find they vary to a great extent.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Skip » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 am
Del wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:37 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:24 am
I've really found the similarities and differences in styles interesting.
Can I still ask questions? Seems like many of you describe very similar worship services, at least in format. Would you mind a roll call by denomination? That is to say, I'm curious about what you call yourselves and it seems Protestant might actually be overbroad.
How do mainline Protestants, that is, Methodists, Episcopals, Presbyterians, etc differ from evangelical services. I guess I'm most curious what marks out the evangelical.
So, this is where we enter the confessional?

I have attended Baptist (SBC) churches since before I could walk.

The pattern of the worship service has changed very little, although the types of music have changed from time to time. Generally, it has been 1 hour from start to finish, Let it be said here, that the worship service generally follows what I refer to as Sunday School, which was strictly a Biblical educational program when I was a child, and tends more to discipleship some now. I have generally enjoyed this hour about as much as the primary service.

As to the "regular" worship service pattern: Three to four songs. A welcome and announcements mixed somewhere therein. A choir special or solo or two among the song service. One of the songs is designated as an Offertory song, but is not always necessarily stewardship thematic, followed by a prayer and the passing of the plate. The sermon is delivered after the song service concludes and is of the pastor's choice as to topic. The topic can stand alone or be part of a series. My experience has been that the Old and New Testaments receive about equal attention, but there is always an effort to point toward Christ. Most every service ends with an "invitation" and "invitation song" in which folks are invited to profess a belief in Christ as Savior and Lord. Afterwards there is usually a Benediction.

Before I get pigeon-holed, as the national SBC has crawled farther out on the farthest right limbs, I have kept myself more at arm's length personally.
I think brings us to the point of things.

-- Apostolic Christians approach the altar to receive Christ in the Eucharist.
-- Evangelicals come closest to this Tradition when they respond to the invitation of an altar call.

I am genuinely uncertain as to what Evangelicals believe about their own communion services. I gather that it is a memorial of Christ's passion and death.
Read a book or three and you'll find they vary to a great extent.
Yes, but Del would read a book or three written by Catholics - whether cradle or convert - and end up once again at his typical point of spouting false dichotomies. :twisted:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20400
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Jocose » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am

I love to worship Jesus.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 20513
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
All that nice deadly flaura and fauna you could be playing with, and you still choose to hang out here? You aren't the tough guy you pretend to be, bub. :clown:
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
All that nice deadly flaura and fauna you could be playing with, and you still choose to hang out here? You aren't the tough guy you pretend to be, bub. :clown:
There is a kangaroo in my back garden right now. Kangaroos kill more people annually in Australia than snakes. (I just made that up.) But it does mean that I'm the only one in the family brave enough to take out the compost scraps. So that's how tough I'm pretending to be.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
All that nice deadly flaura and fauna you could be playing with, and you still choose to hang out here? You aren't the tough guy you pretend to be, bub. :clown:
There is a kangaroo in my back garden right now. Kangaroos kill more people annually in Australia than snakes. (I just made that up.) But it does mean that I'm the only one in the family brave enough to take out the compost scraps. So that's how tough I'm pretending to be.
Tougher than me!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3344
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Typical services at my church

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
All that nice deadly flaura and fauna you could be playing with, and you still choose to hang out here? You aren't the tough guy you pretend to be, bub. :clown:
There is a kangaroo in my back garden right now. Kangaroos kill more people annually in Australia than snakes. (I just made that up.) But it does mean that I'm the only one in the family brave enough to take out the compost scraps. So that's how tough I'm pretending to be.
Tougher than me!
I hear their claws are no joke

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: RE: Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm
Onyx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am
I love to worship Jesus.
And He loves your worship.
You know... that's kinda odd. Sorry for the reverse juke.
It's ok. By the way, I know you think those are light sabers, but they're pretty clearly mascara. I'd do something about that if I was you.
I have no control over that. But I've learned from bitter experience, it's better not to engage the mods about this kind of stuff. It only ends in tears. Anyway, I thought they were glow-in-the-dark cricket bats. Cricket... like baseball for people over 7.
All that nice deadly flaura and fauna you could be playing with, and you still choose to hang out here? You aren't the tough guy you pretend to be, bub. :clown:
There is a kangaroo in my back garden right now. Kangaroos kill more people annually in Australia than snakes. (I just made that up.) But it does mean that I'm the only one in the family brave enough to take out the compost scraps. So that's how tough I'm pretending to be.
Tougher than me!
I hear their claws are no joke

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYkDPBvenA
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2967
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:18 pm

tuttle wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Believe it or not, and I am DEFINITELY NOT STARTING TROUBLE, the part I have the most difficulty understanding is the lack of emphasis on communion/Communion. It seems to me that whether you believe the host to be Body and Blood or representations thereof, that the focus on Jesus' life, freely suffered brutal death, and miraculous resurrection demand a constant reenactment because it puts His Passion first and foremost in your mind.
For what it's worth, this protestant is with you. Every service with the supper will always be a service where the gospel is preached. I broached this topic in a series in a blog I sometimes write. The lack of emphasis on communion is, to me, maybe the biggest failure of evangelical worship and I would even go as far as to think that a lack of understanding/practice/etc has lead to sick and dying churches.

You can read what I wrote about it here: Renew the Table (and this one that I haven't added to the list yet). I only offer it up because it might go some way to show how the lack of emphasis/understanding/practice developed, at least within the tradition I've found myself involved in. It's written with them in mind with the goal of a renewal within that tradition, but it might be helpful in some way in clarifying some things.
Thank you Tuttle for those blog links. Like you, I've grown up in a Memorialist tradition with grape juice taking on the role of 'fruit of the vine.' In recent years, I have become aware of the significance of the switch from wine to grape juice and have longed for a return to the way Jesus instituted things. I had never looked deeply at Memorialism other than to contrast it with transubstantiation and consubstantiation. I'd never heard of 'option 3' before. I've read through your blog several times (even copied and pasted it all into a single document for easier reading) and I'm sure I'll read through it many more times as I chew on these issues.

They say that God takes us where He finds us, but doesn't leave us there. I keep getting reminded of that. Thank you.

Oh, and while I'm on the keyboard already, 'fruit of the vine' is actually an idiomatic phrase that Jews of the day understood to mean 'wine used for sacramental purposes.' In other words, a Jew in the early church would not have accepted grape juice as fruit of the vine.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20400
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:18 pm
tuttle wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Believe it or not, and I am DEFINITELY NOT STARTING TROUBLE, the part I have the most difficulty understanding is the lack of emphasis on communion/Communion. It seems to me that whether you believe the host to be Body and Blood or representations thereof, that the focus on Jesus' life, freely suffered brutal death, and miraculous resurrection demand a constant reenactment because it puts His Passion first and foremost in your mind.
For what it's worth, this protestant is with you. Every service with the supper will always be a service where the gospel is preached. I broached this topic in a series in a blog I sometimes write. The lack of emphasis on communion is, to me, maybe the biggest failure of evangelical worship and I would even go as far as to think that a lack of understanding/practice/etc has lead to sick and dying churches.

You can read what I wrote about it here: Renew the Table (and this one that I haven't added to the list yet). I only offer it up because it might go some way to show how the lack of emphasis/understanding/practice developed, at least within the tradition I've found myself involved in. It's written with them in mind with the goal of a renewal within that tradition, but it might be helpful in some way in clarifying some things.
Thank you Tuttle for those blog links. Like you, I've grown up in a Memorialist tradition with grape juice taking on the role of 'fruit of the vine.' In recent years, I have become aware of the significance of the switch from wine to grape juice and have longed for a return to the way Jesus instituted things. I had never looked deeply at Memorialism other than to contrast it with transubstantiation and consubstantiation. I'd never heard of 'option 3' before. I've read through your blog several times (even copied and pasted it all into a single document for easier reading) and I'm sure I'll read through it many more times as I chew on these issues.

They say that God takes us where He finds us, but doesn't leave us there. I keep getting reminded of that. Thank you.

Oh, and while I'm on the keyboard already, 'fruit of the vine' is actually an idiomatic phrase that Jews of the day understood to mean 'wine used for sacramental purposes.' In other words, a Jew in the early church would not have accepted grape juice as fruit of the vine.
Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Skip » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am

If any of you guys... mess with MY thread... I'll cut ya'.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 am

Skip wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am
If any of you guys... mess with MY thread... I'll cut ya'.
But it's kinda funny when a guy switches sides, then comes out all crusading about stuff like this. I've done it myself, but that's 'cause I'm a freakin' idiot.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20400
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Jocose » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 am

Onyx wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 am
Skip wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am
If any of you guys... mess with MY thread... I'll cut ya'.
But it's kinda funny when a guy switches sides, then comes out all crusading about stuff like this. I've done it myself, but that's 'cause I'm a freakin' idiot.
You two are the cutest pussycats.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8940
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 am

Skip wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am
If any of you guys... mess with MY thread... I'll cut ya'.
Lighten up, Francis.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: Typical services at my church

Post by Onyx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 am

Jocose wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 am
Onyx wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 am
Skip wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am
If any of you guys... mess with MY thread... I'll cut ya'.
But it's kinda funny when a guy switches sides, then comes out all crusading about stuff like this. I've done it myself, but that's 'cause I'm a freakin' idiot.
You two are the cutest pussycats.
Skip's the cutest. I'm second cutest.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

Post Reply