One of my favorite verses

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

Jared
I await final judgement [sic]
I await final judgement [sic]

One of my favorite verses

Post by Jared » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:28 pm

One of my favorites is probably overlooked by many who aren't military or first responders. It's John 15:13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Jesus said this to his disciples during the last supper when he said he no longer considered them as his disciples but as his friends. How many of us would be considered friends of jesus, or for that matter, willing to lay down our lives for our "friends"?
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

In Vino Vertias, in Cervesio Felicitas

2014, 2015, 2016 &, 2017 Winner Most Likely Not To Win An Award

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: One of my favorite verses

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:19 am

Jared wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:28 pm
One of my favorites is probably overlooked by many who aren't military or first responders. It's John 15:13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Jesus said this to his disciples during the last supper when he said he no longer considered them as his disciples but as his friends. How many of us would be considered friends of jesus, or for that matter, willing to lay down our lives for our "friends"?
A good question to ponder, for sure.

And after the resurrection Jesus referred to His disciples, for this first time, as brethren. The adoption was complete!
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Re: One of my favorite verses

Post by A_Morley » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS