AM I ALONE?

For those deep thinkers out there.
User avatar
Humble Pipe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Humble Pipe » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:02 pm

This is getting good.
“You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” Unkown

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:08 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pie to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
A seat on the front row is a non-starter for me. But local fresh ground coffee is good.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23517
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by FredS » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:08 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pie to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
A seat on the front row is a non-starter for me. But local fresh ground coffee is good.
No, you goofball. We save the front row in the parking lot for visitors and pregos. Nobody actually sits in the front row of the sanctuary. That's weird.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 23607
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Jocose » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Del wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:28 pm
Image
:pie:
If you want to know what the Scripture really means, ask the Church to Whom that Scripture was given!
+1
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Humble Pipe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Humble Pipe » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Image
“You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” Unkown

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 23607
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Jocose » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Humble Pipe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Humble Pipe » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
Don't tease me 8O
“You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” Unkown

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 40986
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Del » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
Don't tease me 8O
We've discussed Sola Scriptura before, but maybe we'll get it right this time.
REMEMBER HOLDING PANDEMIC AID HOSTAGE FOR PARTISAN PORK!
REMEMBER THE FISA ABUSE!
REMEMBER KAVANAUGH!
REMEMBER THE IMPEACHMENT!

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 40986
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Del » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:05 pm

Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 pm
Del wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:28 pm
Image
:pie:
If you want to know what the Scripture really means, ask the Church to Whom that Scripture was given!
And I thought this thread was going so well... LOL.
It hasn't even gotten started yet....

Back in the days before politics took over our culture, CPS enjoyed the freedom and luxury to arm-wrestle over faith and theology a lot.
REMEMBER HOLDING PANDEMIC AID HOSTAGE FOR PARTISAN PORK!
REMEMBER THE FISA ABUSE!
REMEMBER KAVANAUGH!
REMEMBER THE IMPEACHMENT!

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23517
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by FredS » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 pm

pssst - - -Del's that Catholic I wrote about who's never wavered. Please don't get him started.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:08 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pie to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
A seat on the front row is a non-starter for me. But local fresh ground coffee is good.
No, you goofball. We save the front row in the parking lot for visitors and pregos. Nobody actually sits in the front row of the sanctuary. That's weird.
:lol: I guess this reflects my non-front-row/back-seat-Baptist upbringing.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
BeefyG
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by BeefyG » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:15 pm

FredS wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:08 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pie to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
A seat on the front row is a non-starter for me. But local fresh ground coffee is good.
No, you goofball. We save the front row in the parking lot for visitors and pregos. Nobody actually sits in the front row of the sanctuary. That's weird.
So they aren’t allowed inside?

User avatar
Humble Pipe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Humble Pipe » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:08 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 pm
pssst - - -Del's that Catholic I wrote about who's never wavered. Please don't get him started.
Duly noted. Thanks for the heads-up.
“You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” Unkown

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 23607
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Jocose » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 am

Del wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
Don't tease me 8O
We've discussed Sola Scriptura before, but maybe we'll get it right this time.
Prolly not tho. So I'll not start another thread on it anytime soon.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 14957
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by tuttle » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 am
Del wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
Don't tease me 8O
We've discussed Sola Scriptura before, but maybe we'll get it right this time.
Prolly not tho. So I'll not start another thread on it anytime soon.
Jocose: I'll not start another Sola Scriptura thread anytime soon.
Inner Jocose: Yes I will.

Image
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 40986
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Del » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:03 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 am
Jocose wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 am
Del wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Humble Pipe wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Image
:lol:

Save this one for an upcoming Sola Scriptura thread that I may or may not begin shortly..
Don't tease me 8O
We've discussed Sola Scriptura before, but maybe we'll get it right this time.
Prolly not tho. So I'll not start another thread on it anytime soon.
Jocose: I'll not start another Sola Scriptura thread anytime soon.
Inner Jocose: Yes I will.

Image
We'll always have the filioque.
REMEMBER HOLDING PANDEMIC AID HOSTAGE FOR PARTISAN PORK!
REMEMBER THE FISA ABUSE!
REMEMBER KAVANAUGH!
REMEMBER THE IMPEACHMENT!

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more
Posts: 18730
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pipe to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
Well my team is more awesome, serves flesh AND blood EVERY day, AND Jesus lives in a gold box in EVERY church. So THERE, LOSER!
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

User avatar
Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
Posts: 40986
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by Del » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pipe to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
Well my team is more awesome, serves flesh AND blood EVERY day, AND Jesus lives in a gold box in EVERY church. So THERE, LOSER!
Image
REMEMBER HOLDING PANDEMIC AID HOSTAGE FOR PARTISAN PORK!
REMEMBER THE FISA ABUSE!
REMEMBER KAVANAUGH!
REMEMBER THE IMPEACHMENT!

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more
Posts: 18730
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pipe to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
Well my team is more awesome, serves flesh AND blood EVERY day, AND Jesus lives in a gold box in EVERY church. So THERE, LOSER!
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23517
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: AM I ALONE?

Post by FredS » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Maybe we should have a draft to see who can entice Mr Pipe to join their team. :chili:

My Team Pros:
awesome, local, fresh ground coffee
you can drink it in the 'sanctuary'
plenty of free parking, and we save the front row for visitors and pregos
we gather for noon prayer on Wednesdays

My Team Cons:
we don't have a fog machine
we don't have a softball team
Well my team is more awesome, serves flesh AND blood EVERY day, AND Jesus lives in a gold box in EVERY church. So THERE, LOSER!
Jesus lives in my heart, not your box.

Bite me hoser.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Post Reply