Old Scofield vs Edition III

For those deep thinkers out there.
User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24725
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:00 am
tuttle wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:52 am
This thread sounds like a plan for a pleasant evening.

Eating spicy food while reading a passage on Isaac in the KJV with Luther's commentary on Genesis.
And beer. Lots of beer.
Let's throw a churchwarden in the mix, shall we?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by Adam Z » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:18 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:52 am
This thread sounds like a plan for a pleasant evening.

Eating spicy food while reading a passage on Isaac in the KJV with Luther's commentary on Genesis.
And then debating everything you just read with a devout catholic from Wisconsin.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7518
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by Fainn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:13 pm

I went with the Scofield this time around because the reformed had too many options. This will give me time to shop for a Spurgeon or MacArthur regardless of the version used.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by Adam Z » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 pm

Fainn wrote:I went with the Scofield this time around because the reformed had too many options. This will give me time to shop for a Spurgeon or MacArthur regardless of the version used.
You said you wanted a reasonably priced reformed KJV study Bible under $40.... and you bought a Scofield ???? ImageImage

Okay man...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15964
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by tuttle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 am

Adam Z wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Fainn wrote:I went with the Scofield this time around because the reformed had too many options. This will give me time to shop for a Spurgeon or MacArthur regardless of the version used.
You said you wanted a reasonably priced reformed KJV study Bible under $40.... and you bought a Scofield ???? ImageImage

Okay man...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that and was like

Image
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Posts: 15976
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by Cleon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:00 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 am
Adam Z wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Fainn wrote:I went with the Scofield this time around because the reformed had too many options. This will give me time to shop for a Spurgeon or MacArthur regardless of the version used.
You said you wanted a reasonably priced reformed KJV study Bible under $40.... and you bought a Scofield ???? ImageImage

Okay man...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that and was like

Image
This did not turn out the way I thought it would.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Posts: 13206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 pm

I haven't looked at this thread since the thoughts on hot peppers early on. What'd I miss in the meantime?

Just scanning through I've picked up on spicy food, beer, and churchwardens, and something about a Catholic from Wisconsin.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24725
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm

You seem to be settling in to a church home Fainn. Ask your Pastor what s/he ( :lol: ) recommends for the purpose you have in mind.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25835
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Old Scofield vs Edition III

Post by jruegg » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:00 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 am
Adam Z wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Fainn wrote:I went with the Scofield this time around because the reformed had too many options. This will give me time to shop for a Spurgeon or MacArthur regardless of the version used.
You said you wanted a reasonably priced reformed KJV study Bible under $40.... and you bought a Scofield ???? ImageImage

Okay man...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that and was like

Image
Plus Image
Image

Post Reply