Selling some Vintage tins on the BAY of E

Here's the place for Vendor Sales, business ads and EBay links
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Selling some Vintage tins on the BAY of E

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:14 pm

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Re: Selling some Vintage tins on the BAY of E

Post by Munkey » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Cool. Did you have a pipe listed a week or two ago? I think I came across one of your listings.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Three of the four Dunhill tins are Danish. That makes them 2006 to 2008 because they're Lane tins. But there is one from Murrays (pre-dates 2006), which is a good find. That Dunhill Flake is probably pretty good still. That's Erinmore's little brother.
The Bengal Slices is from A&C Pete and they're down to a whisper of flavour but it is a soft leathery Latakia whisper. The latest it could be is 2001 and more likely it's late 90's. Good one to ditch. It would have fetched more before the STP folks recreated it.

You're having fantasies about that Xmas Cheer, eh? $82 whew. That's diapers for a month at least.

Do the Anasazi climbing booties support leaping tall buildings in a single bound?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Rusty wrote:Three of the four Dunhill tins are Danish. That makes them 2006 to 2008 because they're Lane tins. But there is one from Murrays (pre-dates 2006), which is a good find. That Dunhill Flake is probably pretty good still. That's Erinmore's little brother.
The Bengal Slices is from A&C Pete and they're down to a whisper of flavour but it is a soft leathery Latakia whisper. The latest it could be is 2001 and more likely it's late 90's. Good one to ditch. It would have fetched more before the STP folks recreated it.

You're having fantasies about that Xmas Cheer, eh? $82 whew. That's diapers for a month at least.

Do the Anasazi climbing booties support leaping tall buildings in a single bound?
Those shoes are $180 new, but yea, I listed the Cheer based on prior completed auctions and what it had sold for. Newer versions of Cheer have sold for more than that and from what I've heard this was a particularly decent year. The Bengal is a stretch, the dunhills sold, and we will see with the Mac Baren, I am not desperate to sell them, and I put em up there for prices I'd be willing to let go of them for. These are some of the more precious tobaccos that I have in my collection.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Munkey wrote:Cool. Did you have a pipe listed a week or two ago? I think I came across one of your listings.
Yes, I sold my Dunhill Shell Briar Group 2 for $200, I offered it up here, but nobody was committed and I was ready to move it, so it went to auction.