When did Dinosaurs get feathers?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: When did Dinosaurs get feathers?

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Article refers to ticks as insects, therefore it's fake news :cheese:
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Looks like Geese were Velociraptors. Maybe JesusClaus can comment?

Nobody tell Goose.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Cocopuff added a dinosaur to our nativity scene.

That is all.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:45 pm

coco wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm
Cocopuff added a dinosaur to our nativity scene.

That is all.
Cocopuff is now my favorite.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Neanderthal Jesus would be floored by this discovery.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm
That's darn fine blasphemy, son.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 pm
Jester wrote:
I put off a little too much sarcasm there but yes blasphemy is how I feel about the evolution process. If we are evolving into more complex creatures wouldn't we be slightly more "advanced" than the form Jesus came in? Did he come to save our primordial ancestors or only the state of creature he came as? Are we done evolving or did he come to save the next form of life we will become?
Butterflies appear before flowers to pollinate.
Day three all vegetation and day four all animals and I am the one giving darn fine blasphemy.

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 am

There is a paywall to the article...did it have something to do with dinosaurs and feathers?
"Do mo betta." -FredS

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 am

+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Jester wrote:
I put off a little too much sarcasm there but yes blasphemy is how I feel about the evolution process. If we are evolving into more complex creatures wouldn't we be slightly more "advanced" than the form Jesus came in? Did he come to save our primordial ancestors or only the state of creature he came as? Are we done evolving or did he come to save the next form of life we will become?
Day three all vegetation and day four all animals and I am the one giving darn fine blasphemy.
I don't think that the evolution process is "blasphemy", but I do think that it has its problematics — IOW, the hard demands of Reality-as-is won't dissolve into the Evolutionist framework without residue.

As you so wisely note, there has to be some "stable element" of Man — not only so that we can be the same nature ("the form of Man") as Jesus — but so that you can be the same nature as yer mom and so that we can all live on the earth as brothers. If we're not all brothers, unqualified nationalism and tribalism might start making sense.
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am

wosbald wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 am
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jester wrote:
I don't think that the evolution process is "blasphemy", but I do think that it has its problematics — IOW, the hard demands of Reality-as-is won't dissolve into the Evolutionist framework without residue.

As you so wisely note, there has to be some "stable element" of Man — not only so that we can be the same nature ("the form of Man") as Jesus — but so that you can be the same nature as yer mom and so that we can all live on the earth as brothers. If we're not all brothers, unqualified nationalism and tribalism might start making sense.
+1

As to your last point, it's not a 'might', but an 'absolutely'. This is the (evolutionary) logic that was chugging along full steam pre-1940s.
"Do mo betta." -FredS

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jester wrote:

+1

As to your last point, it's not a 'might', but an 'absolutely'. This is the (evolutionary) logic that was chugging along full steam pre-1940s.
Hah. wos worked in a "yer mom".
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am

+JMJ+
Cleon wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am
Hah. wos worked in a "yer mom".
:wink:
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

tuttle wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jester wrote:

+1

It is still chugging along. "Identity politics" is just a politically tolerable term for "racism."

There is a strange paradigm of "intersectionality" still thriving in our universities: It states that everyone is a racist, even if he doesn't know it. That dogma can only exist within a larger paradigm with rates every race, class, and gender as "more fit" or "less fit" for participation in society.
“The Declaration of Independence dogmatically bases all rights on the fact that God created all men equal; and it is right; for if they were not created equal, they were certainly evolved unequal. There is no basis for democracy except in a dogma about the divine origin of man.” ― G.K. Chesterton.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm
“The Declaration of Independence dogmatically bases all rights on the fact that God created all men equal; and it is right; for if they were not created equal, they were certainly evolved unequal. There is no basis for democracy except in a dogma about the divine origin of man.” ― G.K. Chesterton.
We're all created physically and mentally unequal, which surprise surprise is what one would expect from biological processes. You can dogmatically declare us all morally or spiritually equal wrt the Divine without stubbornly refusing to accept biological fact.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm

infidel wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 pm
Del wrote:
We're all created physically and mentally unequal, which surprise surprise is what one would expect from biological processes. You can dogmatically declare us all morally or spiritually equal wrt the Divine without stubbornly refusing to accept biological fact.
Which biological fact is he refusing?

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm
infidel wrote:
Del wrote:

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm
infidel wrote:
Del wrote:
That birds are dinosaurs, obviously.