2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35358
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 am

Probably should call for volunteers to administer the POY2018. Anyone? Should be a member of good standing for at least a couple of years, I would think.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16555
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 am
Probably should call for volunteers to administer the POY2018. Anyone? Should be a member of good standing for at least a couple of years, I would think.
Boatdock?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14660
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by Cleon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:10 am
Jester wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm
Genod: Smooth Brown Canadian with Briar
Image
Product Number: 002-628-0740
$95


Measurements & Other Details
Length: 6.13 in./155.66 mm.
Weight: 1.09 oz./31.01 g.
Bowl Height: 1.90 in./48.20 mm.
Chamber Depth: 1.74 in./44.16 mm.
Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.19 mm.
Outside Diameter: 1.39 in./35.27 mm.
Stem Material: Other
Filter: None
Shape: Canadian
Finish: Smooth
Material: Briar
Country: France

BRIAR STEM!
I like this one.
i think we should have them blessed at Lourdes like Rusty would have suggested.
Blessed? I might need exorcised. I haven't had the demon PAD for a few years. This thread is not helping.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
calvinistanglican
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by calvinistanglican » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am

gaining_age wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm
We're on the same wavelength Rev...


I don't know if this is feasible or what it would be (as a pipe)-- but maybe we could do a Rusty tribute pipe for 2018 POY. I'd go in-- maybe we can have overflow go toward the charity his wife mentioned in the news of Rusty's passing thread.

The head scratcher-- what would a tribute pipe to Rusty look like? And could CPS come up with it without a lot of the usual disagreements? Perhaps if we do discuss we could give it lucid thoughts and clear writing as we discuss pros and cons.


G.
This is a heartwarming idea. The overflow of money from this project could go to Rusty's wife for sure. In the year before he died, Rusty joined the Canadian Red Cross First Responders program (link below). He pledged $25.00 per month for this. He also sponsored a foster child from overseas and this was for $35.00 per month. His wife, daughter, and son have decided to keep these gifts going each month. Without getting into personal details, let me just say that low as these amounts may seem to us, they are in a sacrificial category for these folks.

Any monies extra from the pipes should most definitely be sent towards Mrs. Rusty in my estimation.

Secondly, the pipes. Great idea. Here is my suggestion for consideration. Rusty was a Canadian pipe smoker. His collection, due to his early start, necessarily contained many pipes from Canada; John Calich, Brigham, and Blatter & Blatter all out front. It would seem fitting to have a pipe made by a Canadian pipe maker for him.

Alas, Mr. Calich is no longer with us. Brigham really is an Italian pipe these days, and although the rock maple filter system is the only one Rusty may have tolerated, he wasn't 100% on them. That leaves Blatter & Blatter of Montréal, who are still making pipes. I'm sure they would be willing to fulfill an order from CPS but I don't know for sure.

The other pipe maker that Rusty had a lot of were Upshall (no longer carving) and Peterson. He loved his Peterson Ebony Baker pipe. The other shape that he really liked was the Deluxe 9S. He had 16 Peterson pipes; two Bulldogs and one Rhodesian, seven Billiards, two Apple, a Pot, a Prince, a Stack, and a Dublin.

Peterson made a commemorative pipe for a well respected pipe man named Peter WD of Smokersforums. I bought one and I think Mike Hagley organized that for them. I'm trying to remember what we paid, but it was below retail for the pipe. They engraved the sterling silver band with "Peter WD" 1945- 2007. Nice touch.

There is a third option depending on how many of you want to have a Rusty Commemorative pipe.....you could buy one of Rusty's pipes from his personal collection. I've just about finished putting pricing on the pipes. There are price levels for everyone. This would require more thought of course.

So I'll end this here for continued discussion.

And if you're wondering what Rusty would say to this, here is an email he sent to me on October 12, 2008:
If I list the things I really like... that warm my heart.... in no particular order

Upshall's clear finish... smoothest cleanest most elegant that I've seen. It matches my Burgundy Calich that I've enjoyed unsmoked (for the finish!) for years. Better than all the rest. And Barry doesn't shellac anything. It makes a great first impression. With use & handling the wax goes and it becomes a very smooth matt finish but I think handling will polish them all over the years so that the elegant shine will return.

http://www.upshallusa.com/finishing.htm

Upshall's engraved logo's and pipe particulars - these are so much classier than any stamp!
http://www.upshallusa.com/stamping.htm

Upshall & Calich Burgundy colour - love it! The Dunhill might become as rich but I'll have to wait and see. Upshall's & Calich's strike me as Royal Burgundy! I've not seen anything else that is in same league.

Two-tone rusticated/blast stains - On my Brigham Norseman and Upshall's. It's just so rich and warm. It really brings the pipe up. The Ashton Brindle finish has it too - so that one might well break past it's little deficiencies and warm my heart.

The soft understated whimsical elegance of my Nuvole's. Wonderful pipes.

The warm soft tasting smoke from most Italian briar. From Blatter to Nuvole, and all the rest they're wonderful burners for my Va's and Va/per.

The beefy feel of an Estella contrasted with it's soft flavourful smoke. Old Autograph's in disguise! Diamonds in the rough.

Blatter's chunky fun shapes coupled with thick walls, great grain, and bowl sizes that make Va's sing!

Calich's insistence on high quality fit and finish. The evaluation really made his quality-fit crank shine.

The Pete Ebony Baker - there's something about the look of this pipe that I love. It also smokes like a champ.

The way all of my older pipes have become polished by the combination of handling and storage in sox.

The way my blonde pipes seem to all change to a red-brown colour with use and handling. Calich used request that I bring in his and other pipes just to look at the colour. I suspect that he was secretly playing with stains to duplicate the colour. I never really noticed until he pointed it out. Then I started to notice that my pipes have a colour that isn't common. I've seen it on some eBay estate pipes too.

Long Shanks! The rest of the world can keep the nose burners.

Les Wood's silver bands. These are addictive! And they're solid sterling silver - no plate silver here. Upshall's rich burgundy plus a Les Wood band is my idea of stately elegance.

There is probably a hundred more ...
I've read through the whole thread now....after having written all of this. The Canadian shape is a great idea. If most folks die out in want at $140.00 the pipe should remain economical. A long shanked Rhodesian or Bulldog would be pricey. The size of burl required for all those pipes would be very expensive.

Either way, count me in. We shouldn't discount inquiring at Blatter about what they could produce for us. Rusty was a big fan; big.

Eric

Canadian Red Cross First Responder: http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-cer ... -responder
Blatter Pipes: http://www.blatterpipes.com/cat.htm

User avatar
Tragicalien
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by Tragicalien » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:57 am

calvinistanglican wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am
gaining_age wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm
We're on the same wavelength Rev...


I don't know if this is feasible or what it would be (as a pipe)-- but maybe we could do a Rusty tribute pipe for 2018 POY. I'd go in-- maybe we can have overflow go toward the charity his wife mentioned in the news of Rusty's passing thread.

The head scratcher-- what would a tribute pipe to Rusty look like? And could CPS come up with it without a lot of the usual disagreements? Perhaps if we do discuss we could give it lucid thoughts and clear writing as we discuss pros and cons.


G.
This is a heartwarming idea. The overflow of money from this project could go to Rusty's wife for sure. In the year before he died, Rusty joined the Canadian Red Cross First Responders program (link below). He pledged $25.00 per month for this. He also sponsored a foster child from overseas and this was for $35.00 per month. His wife, daughter, and son have decided to keep these gifts going each month. Without getting into personal details, let me just say that low as these amounts may seem to us, they are in a sacrificial category for these folks.

Any monies extra from the pipes should most definitely be sent towards Mrs. Rusty in my estimation.

Secondly, the pipes. Great idea. Here is my suggestion for consideration. Rusty was a Canadian pipe smoker. His collection, due to his early start, necessarily contained many pipes from Canada; John Calich, Brigham, and Blatter & Blatter all out front. It would seem fitting to have a pipe made by a Canadian pipe maker for him.

Alas, Mr. Calich is no longer with us. Brigham really is an Italian pipe these days, and although the rock maple filter system is the only one Rusty may have tolerated, he wasn't 100% on them. That leaves Blatter & Blatter of Montréal, who are still making pipes. I'm sure they would be willing to fulfill an order from CPS but I don't know for sure.

The other pipe maker that Rusty had a lot of were Upshall (no longer carving) and Peterson. He loved his Peterson Ebony Baker pipe. The other shape that he really liked was the Deluxe 9S. He had 16 Peterson pipes; two Bulldogs and one Rhodesian, seven Billiards, two Apple, a Pot, a Prince, a Stack, and a Dublin.

Peterson made a commemorative pipe for a well respected pipe man named Peter WD of Smokersforums. I bought one and I think Mike Hagley organized that for them. I'm trying to remember what we paid, but it was below retail for the pipe. They engraved the sterling silver band with "Peter WD" 1945- 2007. Nice touch.

There is a third option depending on how many of you want to have a Rusty Commemorative pipe.....you could buy one of Rusty's pipes from his personal collection. I've just about finished putting pricing on the pipes. There are price levels for everyone. This would require more thought of course.

So I'll end this here for continued discussion.

And if you're wondering what Rusty would say to this, here is an email he sent to me on October 12, 2008:
If I list the things I really like... that warm my heart.... in no particular order

Upshall's clear finish... smoothest cleanest most elegant that I've seen. It matches my Burgundy Calich that I've enjoyed unsmoked (for the finish!) for years. Better than all the rest. And Barry doesn't shellac anything. It makes a great first impression. With use & handling the wax goes and it becomes a very smooth matt finish but I think handling will polish them all over the years so that the elegant shine will return.

http://www.upshallusa.com/finishing.htm

Upshall's engraved logo's and pipe particulars - these are so much classier than any stamp!
http://www.upshallusa.com/stamping.htm

Upshall & Calich Burgundy colour - love it! The Dunhill might become as rich but I'll have to wait and see. Upshall's & Calich's strike me as Royal Burgundy! I've not seen anything else that is in same league.

Two-tone rusticated/blast stains - On my Brigham Norseman and Upshall's. It's just so rich and warm. It really brings the pipe up. The Ashton Brindle finish has it too - so that one might well break past it's little deficiencies and warm my heart.

The soft understated whimsical elegance of my Nuvole's. Wonderful pipes.

The warm soft tasting smoke from most Italian briar. From Blatter to Nuvole, and all the rest they're wonderful burners for my Va's and Va/per.

The beefy feel of an Estella contrasted with it's soft flavourful smoke. Old Autograph's in disguise! Diamonds in the rough.

Blatter's chunky fun shapes coupled with thick walls, great grain, and bowl sizes that make Va's sing!

Calich's insistence on high quality fit and finish. The evaluation really made his quality-fit crank shine.

The Pete Ebony Baker - there's something about the look of this pipe that I love. It also smokes like a champ.

The way all of my older pipes have become polished by the combination of handling and storage in sox.

The way my blonde pipes seem to all change to a red-brown colour with use and handling. Calich used request that I bring in his and other pipes just to look at the colour. I suspect that he was secretly playing with stains to duplicate the colour. I never really noticed until he pointed it out. Then I started to notice that my pipes have a colour that isn't common. I've seen it on some eBay estate pipes too.

Long Shanks! The rest of the world can keep the nose burners.

Les Wood's silver bands. These are addictive! And they're solid sterling silver - no plate silver here. Upshall's rich burgundy plus a Les Wood band is my idea of stately elegance.

There is probably a hundred more ...
I've read through the whole thread now....after having written all of this. The Canadian shape is a great idea. If most folks die out in want at $140.00 the pipe should remain economical. A long shanked Rhodesian or Bulldog would be pricey. The size of burl required for all those pipes would be very expensive.

Either way, count me in. We shouldn't discount inquiring at Blatter about what they could produce for us. Rusty was a big fan; big.

Eric

Canadian Red Cross First Responder: http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-cer ... -responder
Blatter Pipes: http://www.blatterpipes.com/cat.htm
I absolutely loved reading his email where he talks about his pipes so lovingly... thank you for sharing Eric.
I think a Blatter as a commemorative pipe is a great idea!
Whichever pipe the group decides to go with... Count Me In!

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14660
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by Cleon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 am

Burgundy smooth FTW!
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8049
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

Cleon wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:10 am
Jester wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm
Genod: Smooth Brown Canadian with Briar
Image
Product Number: 002-628-0740
$95


Measurements & Other Details
Length: 6.13 in./155.66 mm.
Weight: 1.09 oz./31.01 g.
Bowl Height: 1.90 in./48.20 mm.
Chamber Depth: 1.74 in./44.16 mm.
Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.19 mm.
Outside Diameter: 1.39 in./35.27 mm.
Stem Material: Other
Filter: None
Shape: Canadian
Finish: Smooth
Material: Briar
Country: France

BRIAR STEM!
I like this one.
i think we should have them blessed at Lourdes like Rusty would have suggested.
Blessed? I might need exorcised. I haven't had the demon PAD for a few years. This thread is not helping.
That is beautiful, these POYs are always tempting, I haven’t been able to buy a POY in years, so I won’t contribute to the discussion, but tempting none the less...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Image

Image

The Blatter standard Canadian.
A lovely pipe, currently priced at $80 online

I would be happy to see a Blatter smooth Canadian in honor of Rusty as the POTY.

That briar-stem Genod is pretty slick, too.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Tragicalien
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by Tragicalien » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am
Image

Image

The Blatter standard Canadian.
A lovely pipe, currently priced at $80 online

I would be happy to see a Blatter smooth Canadian in honor of Rusty as the POTY.

That briar-stem Genod is pretty slick, too.
Perfect!!...

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:49 am

Tragicalien wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am
Image

Image

The Blatter standard Canadian.
A lovely pipe, currently priced at $80 online

I would be happy to see a Blatter smooth Canadian in honor of Rusty as the POTY.

That briar-stem Genod is pretty slick, too.
Perfect!!...
I know that we're a bit ahead here and all, but I sent an inquiry email to Blatter & Blatter just to see what they say. Again, I know nothing's been decided on at all, but just thought I'd get some info on the possibilities from them :) I asked about a Canadian, bulldog, and Rhodesian.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
calvinistanglican
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by calvinistanglican » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I like the Blatter idea very much. I was thinking it might be nice for those who can to submit a little extra money on their pipe to maybe buy an extra pipe for the family? I would present it to Mrs. Rusty on behalf of CPS. They literally are blown away by everyone here and all of your (our) well wishes and how much Rusty affected us all in some way.

Eric

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14660
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by Cleon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:49 am
Tragicalien wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am
Image

Image

The Blatter standard Canadian.
A lovely pipe, currently priced at $80 online

I would be happy to see a Blatter smooth Canadian in honor of Rusty as the POTY.

That briar-stem Genod is pretty slick, too.
Perfect!!...
I know that we're a bit ahead here and all, but I sent an inquiry email to Blatter & Blatter just to see what they say. Again, I know nothing's been decided on at all, but just thought I'd get some info on the possibilities from them :) I asked about a Canadian, bulldog, and Rhodesian.
Blatter seems like it ticks the most check boxes. Nice pipes too. I wonder if anyone at Blatter knows Rusty?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
StoicDetective
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Flyover Country

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by StoicDetective » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 am

I am new here to CPS. So, I'll make my .02¢ short: If the pipe is in the neighborhood of $100, I'll buy one.
"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by chance ever observes." -- S. Holmes

"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." -- S. Spade

User avatar
calvinistanglican
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by calvinistanglican » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 am

ReverendThom wrote:
I know that we're a bit ahead here and all, but I sent an inquiry email to Blatter & Blatter just to see what they say. Again, I know nothing's been decided on at all, but just thought I'd get some info on the possibilities from them :) I asked about a Canadian, bulldog, and Rhodesian.
Any word? What did you ask them? I could do a follow up perhaps? They’re only a 2 hr drive up the road from me too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 am

calvinistanglican wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 am
ReverendThom wrote:
I know that we're a bit ahead here and all, but I sent an inquiry email to Blatter & Blatter just to see what they say. Again, I know nothing's been decided on at all, but just thought I'd get some info on the possibilities from them :) I asked about a Canadian, bulldog, and Rhodesian.
Any word? What did you ask them? I could do a follow up perhaps? They’re only a 2 hr drive up the road from me too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No word yet. Was going to call today if they don't reply. I'll let you know!
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Posts: 5824
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by JMG » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am

I like the idea of buying one of Rusty's old pipes as this years POY. Uniform? No. Different? Sure, but the monies would go to help his family. We could send them to someone to have something like "CPS POY 2018 Rusty Birth year-2018" laser engraved.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21949
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by JimVH » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 am

JMG wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am
I like the idea of buying one of Rusty's old pipes as this years POY. Uniform? No. Different? Sure, but the monies would go to help his family. We could send them to someone to have something like "CPS POY 2018 Rusty Birth year-2018" laser engraved.
This is a good idea.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8049
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 am

You’d have to calculate the value of the entire collection and divide it or just post pics and have someone claim each one and pay whichever price or how would that work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16555
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 am
You’d have to calculate the value of the entire collection and divide it or just post pics and have someone claim each one and pay whichever price or how would that work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What subject do you teach?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6116
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: 2018 CPS POY Brain Stormin' Thread

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 am
You’d have to calculate the value of the entire collection and divide it or just post pics and have someone claim each one and pay whichever price or how would that work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OR, we could coordinate with C--stan and just each buy whichever pipe we select from Rusty's collection and then that would be our POY (sort of like JMG said.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Post Reply