2018 POY Pics...

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Posts: 5818
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

2018 POY Pics...

Post by JMG » Mon May 21, 2018 6:07 pm

A tremendous thank you to whoever sponsored me for this year's POY. Very humbled by this. Currently smoking the sample that was sent with the pipe. The pipe is wonderful...the tobacco is terribly Lakelandy. But I smoke it anyway in memory of our pal, Rusty. Here's to you, Rusty. You had more knowledge about pipes and tobacco than any other person I knew.

Thanks for all the hard work, RevThom.

Image
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by ReverendThom » Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Wow that was fast!

Isn't that Bob's Chocolate Flake horrible?! Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Posts: 5818
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by JMG » Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm
Wow that was fast!

Isn't that Bob's Chocolate Flake horrible?! Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Yes. Yes it was. The pipe didn't know it though. It smoked great.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28452
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by coco » Mon May 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Many, many thanks to whoever gave me this pipe!
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21895
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by JimVH » Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm

coco wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:23 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Many, many thanks to whoever gave me this pipe!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7656
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by Bloodhound » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm
coco wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:23 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Many, many thanks to whoever gave me this pipe!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hidden Thread WIN of the Week!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by ReverendThom » Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.


"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by ReverendThom » Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm

You know what Fred says. Nothing better than seeing pictures of kids smoking

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Posts: 5818
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by JMG » Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Yours is cuter than mine and coco's.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by DepartedLight » Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 pm

1. Rev Thom wins some sort of award this year.

2. I am eagerly awaiting this POY.

Think I'm gonna do Carter Hall as the inaugural bowl.

Yeah. Pretty old fashioned.

What? Hey. Wait. You judging me? Let's go! Come at me, bro!
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11544
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by Gabriel » Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Yay! Mine arrived today. No pics to compete, thank you so much to the folks that sponsored this pipe. It looks fantastic!

You may remember several months ago things were pretty challenging at the Ranch. I actually got the PM telling I was sponsored while I was out there after hours:
“gabriel” wrote: Seriously? That’s the coolest thing ever. I’m currently standing in the doorway to the bedroom of a student in crisis, keeping him from getting to the rest of the house and got your message. Fun times.

Please thank the sponsor enthusiastically for me. Seriously.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by rgcurrey » Tue May 22, 2018 8:38 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm
You know what Fred says. Nothing better than seeing pictures of kids smoking

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I am fairly sure that she is doing it wrong though and if kids learn from watching their parents . . . Well you must save a ton on tobacco. :bacon: :cheese: :taco:
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound[a] teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. - 2 Tim 4:3-4

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3232
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by Sir Moose » Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm

JMG wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Yours is cuter than mine and coco's.
Don't let your kids hear you say that.

ETA: I didn't even know that you and Coco were a couple, let alone that you had kids.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by ReverendThom » Wed May 23, 2018 4:56 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm
JMG wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Yours is cuter than mine and coco's.
Don't let your kids hear you say that.

ETA: I didn't even know that you and Coco were a couple, let alone that you had kids.
:lol:
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28452
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by coco » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:56 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm
JMG wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Yours is cuter than mine and coco's.
Don't let your kids hear you say that.

ETA: I didn't even know that you and Coco were a couple, let alone that you had kids.
:lol:
Yeah. Ugly kids.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28452
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by coco » Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am

I had a dream that I was in the World of Forms. Plato was there, smoking a Perfect Canadian. It looked just like this year's POY.

I was going to ask him about the whole Rhodesian/Bulldog thing, and then I woke up.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14636
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by Cleon » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Image
Now that's a pipe.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by ReverendThom » Wed May 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Cleon wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm
Image
Now that's a pipe.
What ya smokin in there?
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11544
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by Gabriel » Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 pm

This is a seriously fine looking pipe. About to light up the inaugural bowl of Prince Albert.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2018 POY Pics...

Post by DepartedLight » Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 pm

coco wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am
I had a dream that I was in the World of Forms. Plato was there, smoking a Perfect Canadian. It looked just like this year's POY.

I was going to ask him about the whole Rhodesian/Bulldog thing, and then I woke up.
I'd like to hear that conversation. If Plato disagreed with my view, I'd eat him alive.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

Post Reply