COLEMAN!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

Hovannes wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am
Hovannes wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 am
I'm building a plywood transport box for my dad's 228C lantern, a big hat so it is a pretty large box. I need to paint the outside and I'm wondering what color to paint it---Coleman Green? GI Olive Drab? Something else?
I'm open to suggestions.
To my eye, the Matching box with the lantern is a good look. You could even get a Colman logo sticker and dress it all the way. http://www.oldcolemanparts.com/home.php
Cool idea! I needed to order blue felt for the fuel filter funnel anyway. Thanks!
We of course will need to see pics of the project and completed box
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by UncleBob » Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 am

I used the 200As again last Saturday. Had some folks over for burgers and dragged out the telescope for Jupiter viewing. Good times.

This made me wish I bought that red globe last year.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 24473
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Jocose » Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 pm

There's a Coleman meetup about an hour from my house this summer that I may attend.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed May 30, 2018 3:39 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 am
I used the 200As again last Saturday. Had some folks over for burgers and dragged out the telescope for Jupiter viewing. Good times.

This made me wish I bought that red globe last year.
Yup you should have, like I should have bought the amber...
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Jocose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 pm
There's a Coleman meetup about an hour from my house this summer that I may attend.
You will have a good time...COLEMAN get togathers are famous for a good time
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 24473
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Jocose » Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 pm
There's a Coleman meetup about an hour from my house this summer that I may attend.
You will have a good time...COLEMAN get togathers are famous for a good time
I'm a married man now....
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Thu May 31, 2018 7:46 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 pm
There's a Coleman meetup about an hour from my house this summer that I may attend.
You will have a good time...COLEMAN get togathers are famous for a good time
I'm a married man now....
Dude...you went there? :mermaid:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:01 pm

I am moving, for goodness sake!
Image
7/67 200A
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 24473
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Jocose » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:01 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:01 pm
I am moving, for goodness sake!
Image
7/67 200A
Does someone have a bday coming up?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:01 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:01 pm
I am moving, for goodness sake!
Image
7/67 200A
Does someone have a bday coming up?
Nope, wrong month. Just a good deal.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28329
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Hovannes » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 pm

So I'm thinking, why am I keeping two Coleman lanterns and three Coleman stoves?
I ought to just keep my dad's stove and lantern and pass on the rest.
I can't imagine finding uses for all this stuff (as delightful as it is!)
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 am

I just enjoy using them in rotation. Don't "Need" them, but last time I tried to give one to my son, he told me he didn't want anything that used anything besides propane to operate. :egor:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am

I found a Coleman heater for $10. It looks like this:
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:54 am

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am
I found a Coleman heater for $10. It looks like this:
Image
Great score!

I went to see a heater 2 weeks ago, but it was in really poor condition and they guy wanted $60 and wouldn't budge...
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:42 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:54 am
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am
I found a Coleman heater for $10. It looks like this:
Image
Great score!

I went to see a heater 2 weeks ago, but it was in really poor condition and they guy wanted $60 and wouldn't budge...
I hope that she works. I am going to try the denatured alcohol method for cleaning it. It is something like this:
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28329
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Hovannes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 am

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am
I found a Coleman heater for $10. It looks like this:
Image
I went camping with a guy who insisted on using one of those things in a tent. Darned near killed us both.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 am
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am
I found a Coleman heater for $10. It looks like this:
Image
I went camping with a guy who insisted on using one of those things in a tent. Darned near killed us both.
Now you have to share the story...details
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28329
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Hovannes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:27 pm

It filled the tent with fumes from burning kerosene.
"If you want to kill yourself, you sure as hell ain't taking me with you" as I gathered up my sleeping bag and made a hasty exit.
The dude soon emerged coughing and agreed to turn off that infernal device or I would have had to go back and drag him out of that tent.

Not a fan of Coleman heaters, am I.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6817
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm

I still intend on a fancy woodworking project for a big hat lantern case one day, but I will tell you that you can wrap a towel around the middle of the lantern and store/transport in a five gallon bucket with a lid.

That is how mine have been stored for years; there is room for funnel, parts, mantles and such also.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28329
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: COLEMAN!

Post by Hovannes » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm
I still intend on a fancy woodworking project for a big hat lantern case one day, but I will tell you that you can wrap a towel around the middle of the lantern and store/transport in a five gallon bucket with a lid.

That is how mine have been stored for years; there is room for funnel, parts, mantles and such also.
Good to know! :D
DEUS VULT!

Post Reply