Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7690
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am

Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

https://www.4noggins.com/dunhill-standa ... 1-1-2.aspx

ImageImage
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6108
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by durangopipe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am
Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

https://www.4noggins.com/dunhill-standa ... 1-1-2.aspx

ImageImage
That’s a ridiculous price.
I’m not sure EMP benefits from that much age. It’s flavors are a bit muted and rather mild when tinned.

Which reminds me, I have a few several-years-old tins of that I really should get to.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7690
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:54 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am
Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

https://www.4noggins.com/dunhill-standa ... 1-1-2.aspx

ImageImage
That’s a ridiculous price.
It would be good to be an heir of Alfred Dunhill. That name has done very well.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13298
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am

How much is shipping?

Is asking still funny?

Is asking if it is still funny, funny?

Isasking if it is still funny, funny oh well never mind.

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7690
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am
How much is shipping?

Is asking still funny?

Is asking if it is still funny, funny?

Isasking if it is still funny, funny oh well never mind.
4Noggin's has free Priority Mail shipping on any order over $99. So that $1,875.00 100 gram tin would ship free.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13298
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am
How much is shipping?

Is asking still funny?

Is asking if it is still funny, funny?

Isasking if it is still funny, funny oh well never mind.
4Noggin's has free Priority Mail shipping on any order over $99. So that $1,875.00 100 gram tin would ship free.
Not only free shipping but free PRIORITY shipping, well then...

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6108
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by durangopipe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am
How much is shipping?

Is asking still funny?

Is asking if it is still funny, funny?

Isasking if it is still funny, funny oh well never mind.
4Noggin's has free Priority Mail shipping on any order over $99. So that $1,875.00 100 gram tin would ship free.
Not only free shipping but free PRIORITY shipping, well then...
If only they had two of them ...
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21467
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:20 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:57 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am
How much is shipping?

Is asking still funny?

Is asking if it is still funny, funny?

Isasking if it is still funny, funny oh well never mind.
4Noggin's has free Priority Mail shipping on any order over $99. So that $1,875.00 100 gram tin would ship free.
Not only free shipping but free PRIORITY shipping, well then...
If only they had two of them ...
That's the beginning to an off color Kansas farmer joke, often told about hats. I don't know if that's where you were going or not but I chuckled.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 22170
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by JimVH » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 am

I spent less than that on my first four or five cars, collectively.
Image

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7690
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Goose55 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am

I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Adam Z
Usher
Usher
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: Greensboro, NC
Contact:

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Adam Z » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:11 am

There is no tin of tobacco worth that kind of money.

You could buy high 50g of high quality weed for less than that :lol:

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14815
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Cleon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am
I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
Haha. I never really paid attention to the description before. It sounds more like Early Morning Wood.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 22170
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by JimVH » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am
I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
Haha. I never really paid attention to the description before. It sounds more like Early Morning Wood.
Bona fide chortle bordering a guffaw.
Image

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13298
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm
Cleon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am
I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
Haha. I never really paid attention to the description before. It sounds more like Early Morning Wood.
Bona fide chortle bordering a guffaw.
Read somewhere that
Clintons Early Morning Pipe is a full bend.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21467
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm
Cleon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am
I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
Haha. I never really paid attention to the description before. It sounds more like Early Morning Wood.
Bona fide chortle bordering a guffaw.
Read somewhere that
Clintons Early Morning Pipe is a full bend.
I remember Early Morning Pipes. My advice to you young married guys is not to waste them.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6108
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by durangopipe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm

This bottle of 60-year old Macallan Valerio Adami 1926 single malt just sold for $1.1 million...

Image

Almost makes that $1875 tin of EMP seem cheap.
Almost.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14815
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Cleon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm
This bottle of 60-year old Macallan Valerio Adami 1926 single malt just sold for $1.1 million...

Image

Almost makes that $1875 tin of EMP seem cheap.
Almost.
Yeah, I just don't see either one being worth it. Even if I had billions of dollars I wouldn't go for them.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13298
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm
This bottle of 60-year old Macallan Valerio Adami 1926 single malt just sold for $1.1 million...

Image

Almost makes that $1875 tin of EMP seem cheap.
Almost.
If you bought maybe shipping could be combined.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6108
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by durangopipe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 am
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm
This bottle of 60-year old Macallan Valerio Adami 1926 single malt just sold for $1.1 million...

Image

Almost makes that $1875 tin of EMP seem cheap.
Almost.
If you bought maybe shipping could be combined.
I was this close to buying them both, but when they told me it was gonna be $15 for shipping I changed my mind.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7690
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Want a 1972 tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?....

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

Cleon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am
I see that newer tins of MP no longer contained this description:

"Ideal for the first pipe, leaving the smoker aroused." ........

Image
Haha. I never really paid attention to the description before. It sounds more like Early Morning Wood.
That is too funny.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Post Reply