Tuttle Is Leading The War On Christmas!!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: Tuttle Is Leading The War On Christmas!!

Post by Del » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am
tuttle wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 am
Jester wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 am
Reports are coming in that Tuttle watched Home Alone 2 with his kids last night.
The shenanigans, humiliations, and brutal Looney Toonish torture of Harry and Marv cannot be bound within the confines of the Christmas season. An argument could be made that Home Alone isn't even a Christmas movie, but a movie that uses Christmas as a backdrop, but even if it is a Christmas movie, seeing Marv smashed in the head with a brick four times in a row is worth breaking my rule.

As an aside I forgot there is a scene where Kevin is standing on top of the World Trade Center and I made a comment about 9/11 which led the younger kids to keep asking me, "So wait...that happened in real life?"

And then I forgot that Trump has a cameo! There's a line later in the movie that shed an ironic light on a conversation we had when Trump's part came on. The bellboy is telling Kevin that Herbert Hoover once stayed on the same floor. Kevin says, "The Vacuum guy?" and the bellboy says, "No...the president." When Trump came on screen, I pointed and said, "Hey, that's the president." To which one of the kids said, "He was on Home Alone!?" and I say, deflatedly, "...yes". Even funnier is that none of the kids could figure out why he would make a cameo if he wasn't the President. "So you're saying he wasn't the president during this?" ("Kids are stupid" - Marv) "So why was he in the movie?"

To which I just silently cursed the Bizzaro world we find ourselves in.
Right? Not at all like every real Christian American's favoritest President, Bozo the Clown.
The interwebs are full of pictures of famous politicians shopped up like clowns.

But this one sure looks real.....
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

A Christmas Tree shortage is driving up the price of trees this year. It costs you money to wage war on Christmas. Poor brother Tuttle is going to pay top dollar for that last crappy tree on the lot. O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am
A Christmas Tree shortage is driving up the price of trees this year. It costs you money to wage war on Christmas. Poor brother Tuttle is going to pay top dollar for that last crappy tree on the lot. O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear.
That's not a Christmas Tree.

It's an Ent singing opera
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:17 pm

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm
Jester wrote:

LOL! A young Ent. That makes it pretty spectacular.

Don't you guys cut your own trees?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Del

Post by Del » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:03 pm

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm
Jester wrote:

At this moment, my entire Thanksgiving table is cracking up over this picture & tuttle's response.

Thanks, Rich!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am

I agree with Walsh that we shouldn't force Christmas but I agree with Knowles that we should still hype Christmas. This is a great discussion and I land probably somewhere between the both of them.
https://youtu.be/qQa0BBBH_ik

Del

Post by Del » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 am

Mrs. Del gave Cigarson some money and a mission to secure a Christmas tree today.

Indoor Christmas decorations will go up this weekend.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Back when it snowed . . .

We used to ski on ten or so feet of snow above Silverton to cut a tree from re-growth in avalanche paths - trees that would eventually get wiped out by a slide anyway.

In the summer we’d often go for hikes and spot ten foot tall trees missing their tops.
You didn't need a permit back then, and I doubt very many up there bother with permits now.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm

This was a fun thread.

And my rule still stands

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm

It snows tomorrow and then again Monday. I'm not there yet but soon the battle lines will form.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 pm

I caught my wife watching a Christmas movie on lifetime over the weekend. She said she knew the rule and didn't care, she also suggested that it was a dumb rule and that If I didn't want to watch it, I could go downstairs...so after I established with her that the rule was the rule, I went downstairs...and...she watched her movie
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 pm
I caught my wife watching a Christmas movie on lifetime over the weekend. She said she knew the rule and didn't care, she also suggested that it was a dumb rule and that If I didn't want to watch it, I could go downstairs...so after I established with her that the rule was the rule, I went downstairs...and...she watched her movie
:rotfl:

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 pm
I must have received my husband training from the same place as you.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:12 pm

yep
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Well I too follow the rule of no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, however, my wife has been listening to Christmas music for a month now and well, I kinda watch an occasional Christmas movie every now and then . . . I'm sorry guys but I like the perfect little towns where everything works out in the end and everyone is happy that Santa arrives. So yes, I watched a new Hallmark movie this past Sunday, there, I admitted it.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

Del

Post by Del » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Mrs. Del is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie at this moment.... and most evenings, since the Autumnal Equinox. :(

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am

Del wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm
Mrs. Del is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie at this moment.... and most evenings, since the Autumnal Equinox. :(
My wife watches those stupid Hallmark movies too...what's the deal with that? It's like crack for women.

rgcurrey wrote:I'm sorry guys but I like the perfect little towns where everything works out in the end and everyone is happy that Santa arrives. So yes, I watched a new Hallmark movie this past Sunday, there, I admitted it.
They're so predictable and formulaic that if you've seen one you've seen them all. I watched one one year with my wife and when I started predicting exactly what was going to happen after the first 5 minutes I was banned from watching them with her forever.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am
Del wrote:
My wife watches those stupid Hallmark movies too...what's the deal with that? It's like crack for women.

rgcurrey wrote:I'm sorry guys but I like the perfect little towns where everything works out in the end and everyone is happy that Santa arrives. So yes, I watched a new Hallmark movie this past Sunday, there, I admitted it.
They're so predictable and formulaic that if you've seen one you've seen them all. I watched one one year with my wife and when I started predicting exactly what was going to happen after the first 5 minutes I was banned from watching them with her forever.
Looks like someone is working to capitalize on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZwgoVmILQU
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Del

Post by Del » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am

tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:

Well, there's this guy and this girl. And they are going to fall in love. But there's this other person. And there's a place that needs rescuing.... maybe an old country hotel, or a cupcake shop. Anyhow, they all work together and everything is fine.... until one of them sees the other one hugging the third person, and thinks that there's no hope for their relationship. But it all gets sorted out, and the place gets rescued, and the couple enjoy their first kiss, and you just know that they are all going to live happily ever after. It's so romantic!

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am

Del wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:

Well, there's this guy and this girl. And they are going to fall in love. But there's this other person. And there's a place that needs rescuing.... maybe an old country hotel, or a cupcake shop. Anyhow, they all work together and everything is fine.... until one of them sees the other one hugging the third person, and thinks that there's no hope for their relationship. But it all gets sorted out, and the place gets rescued, and the couple enjoy their first kiss, and you just know that they are all going to live happily ever after. It's so romantic!
No wonder you guys hate Christmas. :lol: My wife doesn't watch any of that crap.