The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Post Reply
User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am
MMMMMM...Morta


Image
I’ve been drooling over that one myself, BH.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

And these just showed up:

Image

Savinelli Regimental Pipes.

Part of the appeal is their incredible similarity to one of my favorite flies created by one of my favorite authors - the Steelhead Bee by Roderick Haig-Brown.

Image

This pipe acquisition diet is killing me.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24211
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by JimVH » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Image

Savinelli Regimental Pipes.
I haven't seen those. Cool look.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"The easiest way to digest success is through gratitude." Matthew McConaughey

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20841
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 pm

+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am
Cleon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 am
Cleon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am
Cleon wrote:Image
Ohhh I like that one a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every once in a while I will think of this pipe and wonder what if. I've admired it for years. It's a Bang. If I ever saw it for sale again I think I could justify purchasing it.
I owned that pipe once. You’ll be ok.
For real? If that's the case, both you and wos have owned and passed on two of the most desireable pipes I have ever seen. Both Bangs.
Yes. That silver work is pretty unmistakable unless two were made. It was very pretty, didnt smoke as well as a Peterson, I always had the fantods about damaging it (a man should not own a pipe he'd can't afford to break), and the bit was uncomfortable for me.

So you'd have hated it. It really was not made as well as a JMG. Pure reputation.
Not mine.* Mine was exquisitely crafted. Smoked like a dream. Light as a feather. Cleon woulda loved it. I just was [am?] a dumbass.






*Though I can’t directly speak of the estimable JMG marque, judging from the pics, they certainly do look yowza.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19883
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm

wosbald wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 pm
+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am
Cleon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 am
Cleon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am
Cleon wrote:Image
Ohhh I like that one a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every once in a while I will think of this pipe and wonder what if. I've admired it for years. It's a Bang. If I ever saw it for sale again I think I could justify purchasing it.
I owned that pipe once. You’ll be ok.
For real? If that's the case, both you and wos have owned and passed on two of the most desireable pipes I have ever seen. Both Bangs.
Yes. That silver work is pretty unmistakable unless two were made. It was very pretty, didnt smoke as well as a Peterson, I always had the fantods about damaging it (a man should not own a pipe he'd can't afford to break), and the bit was uncomfortable for me.

So you'd have hated it. It really was not made as well as a JMG. Pure reputation.
Not mine.* Mine was exquisitely crafted. Smoked like a dream. Light as a feather. Cleon woulda loved it. I just was [am?] a dumbass.






*Though I can’t directly speak of the estimable JMG marque, judging from the pics, they certainly do look yowza.
Sorry to hear that. You should get a JMG.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm
You should get a JMG.
Agreed!

This is definitely a pipe of my desiring.
It blows me away.

Not many pipes have impressed me as much.


Image


This one by Wayne does ...

Image

If it were possible, these are two pipes I’d get.

Not that I’m complaining.
I have more than my share.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19883
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm
You should get a JMG.
Agreed!

This is definitely a pipe of my desiring.
It blows me away.

Not many pipes have impressed me as much.


Image


This one by Wayne does ...

Image

If it were possible, these are two pipes I’d get.

Not that I’m complaining.
I have more than my share.
Well, if you gave me a Tinsky... 8O

I have but one Teipen, a bent hammer, I think he calls it. I nicknamed it the monkey’s fist. It’s superlative in every way. I stole it. If it tells you anything, I’m Billiard Boy and it’s still one of my favorites.

I have no JMG’s. I have two unstamped “seconds.” One is a second because of a small fissure, and I’d cut you if I thought you had your eye on it. That pipe went to PNG. The second is a second because our boy blue is a good man and an effective missionary, but absolutely blows goats at business. For my tastes, his stuff is equally flawless.

Buy either pipe and i’ll Guarantee you that the pictures don’t do it justice.

Also, my Bang was bootiful.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm
You should get a JMG.
Agreed!

This is definitely a pipe of my desiring.
It blows me away.

Not many pipes have impressed me as much.


Image


This one by Wayne does ...

Image

If it were possible, these are two pipes I’d get.

Not that I’m complaining.
I have more than my share.
Well, if you gave me a Tinsky... 8O

I have but one Teipen, a bent hammer, I think he calls it. I nicknamed it the monkey’s fist. It’s superlative in every way. I stole it. If it tells you anything, I’m Billiard Boy and it’s still one of my favorites.

I have no JMG’s. I have two unstamped “seconds.” One is a second because of a small fissure, and I’d cut you if I thought you had your eye on it. That pipe went to PNG. The second is a second because our boy blue is a good man and an effective missionary, but absolutely blows goats at business. For my tastes, his stuff is equally flawless.

Buy either pipe and i’ll Guarantee you that the pictures don’t do it justice.

Also, my Bang was bootiful.

I have one of Wayne’s pipes. ThIs one:

Image

It’s head and shoulders above most everything in my collection.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20841
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 pm

+JMJ+
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm
[…]

Not many pipes have impressed me as much.

[…]

This one by Wayne does ...

Image

[…]
You call that a Wayne???
SlowToke wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm
This is a pipe commission I just finished today. It's a replica of an old Dunhill 2104. It's also the smallest pipe I've ever made. There's not much room for error on pipes this small. Can you tell which one is mine and which one is the Dunhill in the first picture?

Image

I like this picture because the grain radiates from where I stamped it.
Image

Image

Image

Image
Now, that’s a Wayne.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15224
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by Cleon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:28 am

wosbald wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 pm
+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am
Cleon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 am
Cleon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am
Cleon wrote:Image
Ohhh I like that one a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every once in a while I will think of this pipe and wonder what if. I've admired it for years. It's a Bang. If I ever saw it for sale again I think I could justify purchasing it.
I owned that pipe once. You’ll be ok.
For real? If that's the case, both you and wos have owned and passed on two of the most desireable pipes I have ever seen. Both Bangs.
Yes. That silver work is pretty unmistakable unless two were made. It was very pretty, didnt smoke as well as a Peterson, I always had the fantods about damaging it (a man should not own a pipe he'd can't afford to break), and the bit was uncomfortable for me.

So you'd have hated it. It really was not made as well as a JMG. Pure reputation.
Not mine.* Mine was exquisitely crafted. Smoked like a dream. Light as a feather. Cleon woulda loved it. I just was [am?] a dumbass.






*Though I can’t directly speak of the estimable JMG marque, judging from the pics, they certainly do look yowza.
I've looked all over for a photo of your old pipe and can't find one. Can you post one up?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20841
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by wosbald » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am

+JMJ+
Cleon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:28 am
I've looked all over for a photo of your old pipe and can't find one. Can you post one up?
Image

S. Bang Scandinavian (stacked bulldog)

It's an older, cruder SP pic, so it doesn't quite highlight the gear grain-n-stain. Still. Damn.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15224
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by Cleon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am

wosbald wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am
+JMJ+
Cleon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:28 am
I've looked all over for a photo of your old pipe and can't find one. Can you post one up?
Image

S. Bang Scandinavian (stacked bulldog)

It's an older, cruder SP pic, so it doesn't quite highlight the gear grain-n-stain. Still. Damn.
Thank you. I have saved a copy in my photo album. Was it under 1 oz.?

That's another one that if I ever see again for sale, I'm gonna buy it.

Bang, Bang.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20841
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by wosbald » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

+JMJ+
Cleon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am
wosbald wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am
Cleon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:28 am
I've looked all over for a photo of your old pipe and can't find one. Can you post one up?
Image

S. Bang Scandinavian (stacked bulldog)

It's an older, cruder SP pic, so it doesn't quite highlight the gear grain-n-stain. Still. Damn.
Thank you. I have saved a copy in my photo album. Was it under 1 oz.?

That's another one that if I ever see again for sale, I'm gonna buy it.

Bang, Bang.
Naw, not quite that small. Maybe 1.25 oz.

Not quite a featherweight. Mesa exerggerate a bitty.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am

Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am
Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image

Wow.

Jan makes a beautiful pipe. His blasts are incredible. I love the one I have.

This new one is gorgeous and available, and, for what it is, very reasonably priced.
This pipe is definitely in the the “somebody please buy it before I weaken” category.
Last edited by durangopipe on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24211
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by JimVH » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am
Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image

Wow.

Jan makes a beautiful pipe. His blasts are incredible. I love the one I have.
This one is gorgeous and available, and, for what it is, very reasonably priced.

This pipe is definitely in the the “somebody please buy it before I weaken” category.
He is also VERY reasonably priced for an artisan of his quality.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"The easiest way to digest success is through gratitude." Matthew McConaughey

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:11 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am
Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image

Wow.

Jan makes a beautiful pipe. His blasts are incredible. I love the one I have.
This one is gorgeous and available, and, for what it is, very reasonably priced.

This pipe is definitely in the the “somebody please buy it before I weaken” category.
He is also VERY reasonably priced for an artisan of his quality.
I commissioned a pipe from him a while back - a custom pipe made to order for less then a typical Pete or Savinelli!
Don’t be afraid to email him and ask for something special.

It won’t break the bank.

I put this blasted bamboo shanked pipe in my cart twice already, and took it out each time only after hearing myself agree with my wife, now that we’re retired, no more pipes.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:51 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:11 am
JimVH wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am
Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image

Wow.

Jan makes a beautiful pipe. His blasts are incredible. I love the one I have.
This one is gorgeous and available, and, for what it is, very reasonably priced.

This pipe is definitely in the the “somebody please buy it before I weaken” category.
He is also VERY reasonably priced for an artisan of his quality.
I commissioned a pipe from him a while back - a custom pipe made to order for less then a typical Pete or Savinelli!
Don’t be afraid to email him and ask for something special.

It won’t break the bank.

I put this blasted bamboo shanked pipe in my cart twice already, and took it out each time only after hearing myself agree with my wife, now that we’re retired, no more pipes.
Nah, get it! Then in six months when you are ready I will buy it off you.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:59 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:51 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:11 am
JimVH wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am
Image

Pietenpauw, "The Gatepost," sandblasted briar and bamboo perfection. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I know this is as close as I will ever come to it.

Image
Image
Image
I’d not likely part with it, but given how nice it is if I were to sell it it would likely cost more than when it was new.

Ergo: you should skip the middle man and buy it for yourself now.
Please. Save me from myself.

Wow.

Jan makes a beautiful pipe. His blasts are incredible. I love the one I have.
This one is gorgeous and available, and, for what it is, very reasonably priced.

This pipe is definitely in the the “somebody please buy it before I weaken” category.
He is also VERY reasonably priced for an artisan of his quality.
I commissioned a pipe from him a while back - a custom pipe made to order for less then a typical Pete or Savinelli!
Don’t be afraid to email him and ask for something special.

It won’t break the bank.

I put this blasted bamboo shanked pipe in my cart twice already, and took it out each time only after hearing myself agree with my wife, now that we’re retired, no more pipes.
Nah, get it! Then in six months when you are ready I will buy it off you.
If I were to buy it it’s not likely I’d ever part with it.
I have a pipe smoking son’s inheritance to think about.

If I squander his liquid inheritance, the least I could do is leave him the pipes!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 16742
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Post by gaining_age » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm
You should get a JMG.
Agreed!

This is definitely a pipe of my desiring.
It blows me away.

Not many pipes have impressed me as much.


Image


This one by Wayne does ...

Image

If it were possible, these are two pipes I’d get.

Not that I’m complaining.
I have more than my share.
Confession. I couldn't hold back from pursuing the pictured JMG. It is expected to arrive today. That''ll be my second artisan and I'll have to come up with a name. The prior one was a Nate King-- I call it the "purple sitter". It's a morta with titanium piece.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Post Reply