How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by coco » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm

It cooled way down to 91
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:13 am

I see a forecast for Monday week overnight lows of "only" 72. It looks like we've finally broken the back of Summer.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:13 am
I see a forecast for Monday week overnight lows of "only" 72. It looks like we've finally broken the back of Summer.
Good for you, Goose.
I'm sure that's always welcome down there.

Here, the monsoon never materialized, and we've gone from pulling out of drought with record snowfall last winter to moving back in that direction with an unusually dry summer.

. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Dlibbon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:15 am

The weather here is actually really beautiful and quite literally the calm before the storm. Yesterday after church the governor ordered mandatory evacuations starting today as Charleston starts to hunker down for Dorian to pass by. For now this just means kids are out of school for the ENTIRE week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:46 am

Dlibbon wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:15 am
The weather here is actually really beautiful and quite literally the calm before the storm. Yesterday after church the governor ordered mandatory evacuations starting today as Charleston starts to hunker down for Dorian to pass by. For now this just means kids are out of school for the ENTIRE week.

I'm north of you on the Pungo River in NC. I'm going to fill up my gas jugs with non-ethanol for the generator and get some water and stuff today. I'll ride it out depending on the track and intensity. If it is still a Cat 3 when it gets up here, I'm going inland. I'm praying it misses SC, Fla, Georgia and us too. Hopefully it will be a Cat 1 by the time it gets up our way. Joe Bastardi on Weatherbell thinks it will track across the Pamlico Sound which is the worst case scenario for my location. He's pretty good but he's also wrong sometimes. Hurricanes tend to do unexpected things. We're all in God's Hands though.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:08 pm

A balmy 104.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Storm prep is done. All I have to do, depending on the track and intensity of the hurricane, is move my truck to higher ground and bring in the porch furniture. Better to get it all done now even if it misses us than to wait until the last minute. Grocery store is already out of bread and almost out of bottled water.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Dlibbon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Dlibbon wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:15 am

I'm north of you on the Pungo River in NC. I'm going to fill up my gas jugs with non-ethanol for the generator and get some water and stuff today. I'll ride it out depending on the track and intensity. If it is still a Cat 3 when it gets up here, I'm going inland. I'm praying it misses SC, Fla, Georgia and us too. Hopefully it will be a Cat 1 by the time it gets up our way. Joe Bastardi on Weatherbell thinks it will track across the Pamlico Sound which is the worst case scenario for my location. He's pretty good but he's also wrong sometimes. Hurricanes tend to do unexpected things. We're all in God's Hands though.

I hear ya. Cat 3 and landfall is our threshold to get out of dodge. Down here there’s a local dairy that has a big cow statue on its sign. We gage how bad the storm really will be if they take the statue down or not!

Ps it came down this morning. Not good.

Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Dlibbon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 am

From the middle of Dorian. Wind at 65 mph gusting. Lost power at 5am. Lots of branches down. No real damage. The test will begin when the kids device batteries start to die.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Great thunderstorm last night in western Washington. It kept the first responders hopping, but it was an incredible show. Last I heard, they estimated over 2,200 actual lightning strikes.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am

Much cooler weather for a couple few days. But yet with humidity & dew point still unusually very high. For here, anyway.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 am

After several months of extremely dry and hot (for 7000’) weather, we are forecast to have highs in the upper 70s and lows in the 40s with afternoon showers for at least the next week. There might even be a touch of snow on top of the surrounding peaks.

Should be lovely.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:25 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 am
After several months of extremely dry and hot (for 7000’) weather, we are forecast to have highs in the upper 70s and lows in the 40s with afternoon showers for at least the next week. There might even be a touch of snow on top of the surrounding peaks.

Should be lovely.
Please send the front to Pensacola as soon as you can, it would be greatly appreciated.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:25 am
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 am

Should be lovely.
Please send the front to Pensacola as soon as you can, it would be greatly appreciated.
Would if I could, but I fear that’s above my pay grade.
Way above.

:pipe3:

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 am

Should be 96 today. Typical July weather.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am

The ugly Monsoon high dew point (sometimes over 70 degrees) looks like it will finally be dropping down the remainder of the week, but then spike up a little over next weekend. Then, a steady decline down to around 30 degrees. Humidity levels will also drop, from this mornings high of 70%, down next week to only 15%.

Finally, we have broken the back of summer.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am
...Finally, we have broken the back of summer.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

coco wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am
...Finally, we have broken the back of summer.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 am

On Friday we will have an overnight low of 66. It will be nice for good sleeping cross ventilation through the house.