gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am
Jester wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 am
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 am
So, if I'm reading the reports right, Beth Moore wasn't even nominated? Greear, in fact an understudy of Patterson, is the new president of the Convention.

Im amused that the annual church profile is being referred to as the "weepfest". Apparently membership is still shrinking, presumably to the AG, whose membership is still growing. I guess folks like the dim lights, thick smoke, and loud loud music?
I noticed that as well (about Beth Moore) and suspect that was a rabble rising side smoke screen.
The fact there was soo much talk and no nomination proves the SJW movement in the SBC is purely virtue signaling rather than looking for any real resolution. If there is this deep systematic racism and sexism embedded into the DNA of the SBC then by all means lets attack those creeds or regulations and I will stand next to them to remove such policies or ordinances set in place. "crickets" They didn't present a systematic change. They presented a statement demanding that every male in the SBC ask forgiveness for their misogyny from the founding of the SBC. If they vote no, they are guilty of misogyny, if they vote yes, they are guilty of misogyny.

Social justice in the church bypasses church discipline in an unbiblical way. In fact, it is outright cowardliness. Instead of disciplining the individual, the cowardly shepherds chastise the whole flock. Social justice makes me and you guilty for the sins of our brothers. When Paige Patterson creeps on 16 year old girls, the whole Christian body (of men) creeps on 16 year old girls. When he hid the rape allegations, the whole Body of Christ (the men part) was there with him hiding those allegations. If you don't have the balls to call out a brother or sister in sin, don't get behind the pulpit and wag your finger at the entire church.
Wow.... I think this deserves a Tuttle response.
Not sure what qualifies this as deserving a tuttle response...other than an appreciative nod and appropriate applause.

But you asked for it and I aim to please. :D

He's right. There is a social justice movement within, not just the SBC, but a younger evangelicalism, even in conservative and reformed camps. And not the social justice of yore, but the woke version. You know how something faddy happens in academia or pop culture and then evangelicals come around and do a Christianized version of it like five years later? That's a bit of what's happening. One of the problems with evangelicalism is that there are leaders/teachers/speakers who are celebrities that tour the conference circuit and are popular on social media and they've become a weird de facto representatives of evangelical Christians. They all tell us that they aren't (we know this because they hold conferences to tell us they aren't) but when they get woke they've taken it upon themselves to blanket their own sins (real or perceived) upon everyone else. So leading up to the SBC Meeting you had people like Beth Moore and other prominent voices begin to scold people in this way. "For too long we've ignored our minority brothers and all of our sisters and this sin needs to stop now!"

I read one of these respectable and one I considered to be quite sound and reasonable who said, "For all of my passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ, which has been accurate and faithful to the best of my ability, the gospel that I have held so dear has been, in reality, a truncated and incomplete gospel." When I read that I heard a record screech. You're telling me that until you became woke that the gospel you held so dear, the gospel of Jesus Christ, was truncated and incomplete? This is the insidiousness of the social justice movement arising in evangelicalism. They take a CPS banned issue and turn it into a "Jesus + Issue = gospel" formula. If we have to be woke on cultural issues to discover that our understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been incomplete until we've attained wokeness then not only are we going to cause the kind of harm Jester outlined above, we've actually reverted back to a form of Gnosticism.
"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Faith in the News

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
I noticed that as well (about Beth Moore) and suspect that was a rabble rising side smoke screen.
The fact there was soo much talk and no nomination proves the SJW movement in the SBC is purely virtue signaling rather than looking for any real resolution. If there is this deep systematic racism and sexism embedded into the DNA of the SBC then by all means lets attack those creeds or regulations and I will stand next to them to remove such policies or ordinances set in place. "crickets" …

[…]
In order to know whether there is any chewy-center, wouldn't one have to look at what Baptist theologians are saying? Rather than just looking at the oft-facile, coffee-table evaluations and simplistic political solutions of the popularizers?
I think that most Baptists only listen to dead theologians. Theologians are ranked by grouchiness, fartiness, beard length, and KJVness. If they earn a certain secret rating, they become relevant. That's why they fight so much and wear such facial hair when they live. Beth Moore can be relevant someday if the SBC passes the resolution that substitutes beard length for hair height, but this was only proposed in 2007 so we can expect another 200 years or so before that could ever be adopted.

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
The fact there was soo much talk and no nomination proves the SJW movement in the SBC is purely virtue signaling rather than looking for any real resolution. If there is this deep systematic racism and sexism embedded into the DNA of the SBC then by all means lets attack those creeds or regulations and I will stand next to them to remove such policies or ordinances set in place. "crickets" …

[…]
In order to know whether there is any chewy-center, wouldn't one have to look at what Baptist theologians are saying? Rather than just looking at the oft-facile, coffee-table evaluations and simplistic political solutions of the popularizers?
I think that most Baptists only listen to dead theologians. Theologians are ranked by grouchiness, fartiness, beard length, and KJVness. If they earn a certain secret rating, they become relevant. That's why they fight so much and wear such facial hair when they live. Beth Moore can be relevant someday if the SBC passes the resolution that substitutes beard length for hair height, but this was only proposed in 1907 so we can expect another 200 years or so before that could ever be adopted.

I think a big problem is most Baptist hate dead theologians. This is why they tried hard to keep Greear out.
The one who states his case first seems right,
until the other comes and examines him. -Proverbs 18:17

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:03 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am
UncleBob wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

[…]
I think that most Baptists only listen to dead theologians. Theologians are ranked by grouchiness, fartiness, beard length, and KJVness. If they earn a certain secret rating, they become relevant. That's why they fight so much and wear such facial hair when they live. Beth Moore can be relevant someday if the SBC passes the resolution that substitutes beard length for hair height, but this was only proposed in 1907 so we can expect another 200 years or so before that could ever be adopted.

I think a big problem is most Baptist hate dead theologians. This is why they tried hard to keep Greear out.
Wait.. is B.B. Warfield out? Spurgeon is still cool, right?

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:03 am
Jester wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

[…]

Wait.. is B.B. Warfield out?
They would probably take him out back and rough him up for this statement.
Calvinism is just religion in its purity. We have only, therefore, to conceive of religion in its purity, and that is Calvinism.
The one who states his case first seems right,
until the other comes and examines him. -Proverbs 18:17

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 am
gaining_age wrote:
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
So, if I'm reading the reports right, Beth Moore wasn't even nominated? Greear, in fact an understudy of Patterson, is the new president of the Convention.

Im amused that the annual church profile is being referred to as the "weepfest". Apparently membership is still shrinking, presumably to the AG, whose membership is still growing. I guess folks like the dim lights, thick smoke, and loud loud music?
The fact there was soo much talk and no nomination proves the SJW movement in the SBC is purely virtue signaling rather than looking for any real resolution. If there is this deep systematic racism and sexism embedded into the DNA of the SBC then by all means lets attack those creeds or regulations and I will stand next to them to remove such policies or ordinances set in place. "crickets" They didn't present a systematic change. They presented a statement demanding that every male in the SBC ask forgiveness for their misogyny from the founding of the SBC. If they vote no, they are guilty of misogyny, if they vote yes, they are guilty of misogyny.

Social justice in the church bypasses church discipline in an unbiblical way. In fact, it is outright cowardliness. Instead of disciplining the individual, the cowardly shepherds chastise the whole flock. Social justice makes me and you guilty for the sins of our brothers. When Paige Patterson creeps on 16 year old girls, the whole Christian body (of men) creeps on 16 year old girls. When he hid the rape allegations, the whole Body of Christ (the men part) was there with him hiding those allegations. If you don't have the balls to call out a brother or sister in sin, don't get behind the pulpit and wag your finger at the entire church.
Not sure what qualifies this as deserving a tuttle response...other than an appreciative nod and appropriate applause.

He's right. There is a social justice movement within, not just the SBC, but a younger evangelicalism, even in conservative and reformed camps. And not the social justice of yore, but the woke version. You know how something faddy happens in academia or pop culture and then evangelicals come around and do a Christianized version of it like five years later? That's a bit of what's happening. One of the problems with evangelicalism is that there are leaders/teachers/speakers who are celebrities that tour the conference circuit and are popular on social media and they've become a weird de facto representatives of evangelical Christians. They all tell us that they aren't (we know this because they hold conferences to tell us they aren't) but when they get woke they've taken it upon themselves to blanket their own sins (real or perceived) upon everyone else. So leading up to the SBC Meeting you had people like Beth Moore and other prominent voices begin to scold people in this way. "For too long we've ignored our minority brothers and all of our sisters and this sin needs to stop now!"

I read one of these respectable and one I considered to be quite sound and reasonable who said, "For all of my passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ, which has been accurate and faithful to the best of my ability, the gospel that I have held so dear has been, in reality, a truncated and incomplete gospel." When I read that I heard a record screech. You're telling me that until you became woke that the gospel you held so dear, the gospel of Jesus Christ, was truncated and incomplete? This is the insidiousness of the social justice movement arising in evangelicalism. They take a CPS banned issue and turn it into a "Jesus + Issue = gospel" formula. If we have to be woke on cultural issues to discover that our understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been incomplete until we've attained wokeness then not only are we going to cause the kind of harm Jester outlined above, we've actually reverted back to a form of Gnosticism.
That's interesting. I attend a millennial heavy church and we're going through the book of Ephesians. It was pointed out that unity -- social and crossing boundaries-- was there well before any current stirrings. The Gospel is unity crossing social boundaries. And it was identified that SJW is not an arena to compete in-- that's not the purpose and SJW wholehearted buy in will out do the church every time on that arena. A pastor even had a fun phrasing that included "... there's not enough essential oils to cover the stench of sin..." it was a short comparison on current trends that fail because it's not the Gospel in what the church does and is.

So, perhaps I'm more fortunate in my experiences-- I don't see Beth Moore as a threat but as a strong teacher and relevant personality. I see aspects of SJW but I see my local church staying faithful and not swaying. They were the first in my circle to identify "white privilege" as a talking point a few years ago but so much more recently the pastor shifted in response to open questions on unity, etc. and said "we shouldn't call it 'white privilege' -- we should just be addressing 'privilege' and what do we do with it". I thought that was fantastic and relevant. It was very, very good.

I don't get what the hub bub is about Beth Moore. She didn't come out to accuse-- she was defending false accusations against her and telling her background. She wasn't finger wagging accusations at all men but identifying there had been past poor situations and to stand up when you see it. I bet she has done some direct responses but I have not evidence. She was being dumped on and stood up for herself and put her path in perspective and in the culture of running into some misogynistic men-- it was ugly but she persevered. She pleads for others to stand up if they hit a similar situation. This isn't declaring all men as ugly as I read it.

Now that's about all I know about Beth Moore-- I'm not declaring she's done no wrong or hasn't shifted in style or topics. I'm not in a position to judge or weigh in on that. I've only noted that from the past she's had one book that found encouraging and I know others who have been in some useful studies. That's it. I know not her current hair length nor the associated metric comparison to beards. I am not making an equality push in teaching-- there are roles for each gender. She's been in a teaching role and has gained "fame". Has her message changed? I don't know-- compare it to the Bible and see if she sticks with the Gospel. In the book I read she clearly was.

This is a strange turn for this thread. I'm reading some ... is the phrase these days "shade"? ... thrown at her and I'm not aware of enough of the current trends to grasp if it is warranted. It comes across in this thread to me as judgmental. Share the specifics so I can know more and have perspective, I ask. I ask not to be judging but to be more aware. Pictures with Joyce Myers and others add little weight.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:03 am
Jester wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

[…]

Wait.. is B.B. Warfield out?
They would probably take him out back and rough him up for this statement.
Calvinism is just religion in its purity. We have only, therefore, to conceive of religion in its purity, and that is Calvinism.
Spurgeon is still good, though, right?

That's alright. Theologians seldom become notable for what they taught but, rather, snippets of that teaching co-opted into some other didactic. Think CS Lewis.

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 am
gaining_age wrote:
Jester wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

That's interesting. I attend a millennial heavy church and we're going through the book of Ephesians. It was pointed out that unity -- social and crossing boundaries-- was there well before any current stirrings. The Gospel is unity crossing social boundaries. And it was identified that SJW is not an arena to compete in-- that's not the purpose and SJW wholehearted buy in will out do the church every time on that arena. A pastor even had a fun phrasing that included "... there's not enough essential oils to cover the stench of sin..." it was a short comparison on current trends that fail because it's not the Gospel in what the church does and is.

So, perhaps I'm more fortunate in my experiences-- I don't see Beth Moore as a threat but as a strong teacher and relevant personality. I see aspects of SJW but I see my local church staying faithful and not swaying. They were the first in my circle to identify "white privilege" as a talking point a few years ago but so much more recently the pastor shifted in response to open questions on unity, etc. and said "we shouldn't call it 'white privilege' -- we should just be addressing 'privilege' and what do we do with it". I thought that was fantastic and relevant. It was very, very good.

I don't get what the hub bub is about Beth Moore. She didn't come out to accuse-- she was defending false accusations against her and telling her background. She wasn't finger wagging accusations at all men but identifying there had been past poor situations and to stand up when you see it. I bet she has done some direct responses but I have not evidence. She was being dumped on and stood up for herself and put her path in perspective and in the culture of running into some misogynistic men-- it was ugly but she persevered. She pleads for others to stand up if they hit a similar situation. This isn't declaring all men as ugly as I read it.

Now that's about all I know about Beth Moore-- I'm not declaring she's done no wrong or hasn't shifted in style or topics. I'm not in a position to judge or weigh in on that. I've only noted that from the past she's had one book that found encouraging and I know others who have been in some useful studies. That's it. I know not her current hair length nor the associated metric comparison to beards. I am not making an equality push in teaching-- there are roles for each gender. She's been in a teaching role and has gained "fame". Has her message changed? I don't know-- compare it to the Bible and see if she sticks with the Gospel. In the book I read she clearly was.

This is a strange turn for this thread. I'm reading some ... is the phrase these days "shade"? ... thrown at her and I'm not aware of enough of the current trends to grasp if it is warranted. It comes across in this thread to me as judgmental. Share the specifics so I can know more and have perspective, I ask. I ask not to be judging but to be more aware. Pictures with Joyce Myers and others add little weight.
I don't have as much beef with her as I do with the people using her for their own SJW goals. She didn't write an article wishing she'd be nominated, but others did, so there might be a little guilty by association going on. Added to that, I think Moore and other Christian celebrities are easy targets when they suddenly have an opinion that aligns with the current social trends. Someone called it Pop-portunity.

That's not to discount her condemnation of (real) misogyny or even capitalizing on an issue when she might have the largest/sympathetic audience for a topic she believes to be important. But she did write an open letter to her brothers in Christ telling us how hard it is for a woman to be a celebrity teacher in a denomination that traditionally doesn't allow women to preach... and that did propel a bunch of folks to voice things like Moore should be president and women should preach within the SBC. All that to say that it's kind of hard to separate her from the entire situation and any 'shade' thrown in the direction of the SJW's or the movement might get splashed on her. It might be unfair, but it might be because she's standing a little too close to the movement. Whatever the case, I don't think anyone here hates her, at all. But I'd also say pointing out a disagreement with Moore or where one thinks she's wrong about X or Y doesn't mean anyone is throwing shade or judging her.
"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:30 pm

tuttle wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am
Whatever the case, I don't think anyone here hates her, at all. But I'd also say pointing out a disagreement with Moore or where one thinks she's wrong about X or Y doesn't mean anyone is throwing shade or judging her.
Fair enough-- thanks for clarifying and weighing in. I was catching a vibe that seemed foreign to me in the thread.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am

Please review the forum rules concerning political posts: app.php/rules

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 am

+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am
Why on earth would a Pastor Robert Jeffress sermon be taken down?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 am
+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo
More collateral damage from the blanket politics ban. <redacted_emoji> And probably a dash of iron fisted knee jerk from UB. (BTW, this is m'territory. I'm the Theology mod. The removal was not approved by me.)

Here's what I don't get. This is a pipe site, yes? And the politics ban is enforced for everything except when the political discussion bleeds over into pipe/tobacco regulation, etc. But this is also a Christian Pipe site, yes? Then why can we not have the same exception when politics bleed into Christianity?

And lately I've been wondering how right it is that two of the Mod/Admins who were heavily involved in creating/enforcing the ban, slapped it on us only to leave a handful of weeks after the ban is "permanent".

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 am

+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am
More collateral damage from the blanket politics ban. <redacted_emoji> And probably a dash of iron fisted knee jerk from UB. (BTW, this is m'territory. I'm the Theology mod. The removal was not approved by me.)

[…]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaVcSmVgwoo

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 am
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

[…]
Title of article:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

There may be some politics in there, somewhere.

BTW--according to the rules of service:
Moderator Actions - If there are any concerns over Moderator actions, the accepted method to address them is via a private message (PM) to any of the Moderators, or using the Contact Admins email address to start the dispute process. Your feedback and concerns are very valuable to the success of this board. Each and every PM will be read and investigated. However, until specifically adjudicated by a Moderator for a reversal, the Moderator action is considered official.

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 am

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

[…]
Title of article:
Hidden Content

Moderator Actions - If there are any concerns over Moderator actions, the accepted method to address them is via a private message (PM) to any of the Moderators, or using the Contact Admins email address to start the dispute process. Your feedback and concerns are very valuable to the success of this board. Each and every PM will be read and investigated. However, until specifically adjudicated by a Moderator for a reversal, the Moderator action is considered official.
Hrmm....also according to the rules of service:
Example topics to be avoided include:

Breaking News unrelated to Pipes, Tobacco, or Religion outside of the acceptable posts within the Theology Forum
Seeing as wos' post was 1) breaking news 2) related to religion 3) inside an acceptable post within the Theology Forum;

and seeing that
Moderator interpretation shall hold sway in all instances
I'm going to have to utilize my right as the Theology Room Mod and interpret that wosbald's post was fully acceptable under the terms of service and the removal should not have taken place.

I'll ask that you please refrain from moderating the Theology Room henceforth.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:45 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 am
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

[…]
Title of article:
Hidden Content

Hrmm....also according to the rules of service:
Example topics to be avoided include:

Breaking News unrelated to Pipes, Tobacco, or Religion outside of the acceptable posts within the Theology Forum
Seeing as wos' post was 1) breaking news 2) related to religion 3) inside an acceptable post within the Theology Forum;

and seeing that
Moderator interpretation shall hold sway in all instances
I'm going to have to utilize my right as the Theology Room Mod and interpret that wosbald's post was fully acceptable under the terms of service and the removal should not have taken place.

I'll ask that you please refrain from moderating the Theology Room henceforth.
Good luck with that.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:15 pm
wosbald wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm
+JMJ+

Baptist church removing Jesus statue it deems too “Catholic”
In this 2017 file photo, Bert Baker, an amateur artist, stands in front of a recently finished seven-foot tall sculpture of Christ at Red Bank Baptist Church in Lexington, S.C. The sculptor says his statue of Jesus Christ is being removed from the church after more than a decade, because some perceive it as “too Catholic” for the Baptist place of worship. (Credit: Gerry Melendez/The State via AP.)

LEXINGTON, South Carolina — A South Carolina church’s congregation has voted to remove a statue of Jesus Christ because some believe it’s too “Catholic” for their Baptist place of worship.

The State newspaper cites a letter sent by Red Bank Baptist Church leadership to Bert Baker Jr., a former member of the congregation who hand-carved the 7-foot (2-meter) statue and accompanying reliefs showing scenes from the life of Christ.

The art has been displayed in the church for a decade, but the pastor told the artist it’s being taken down this week. The letter says some in the congregation believe the image of Christ standing with his arms outstretched is “Catholic in nature.”

The artist responded that the pastor’s letter displays religious prejudice and insults the community’s intelligence.
What's next? Perhaps removing crosses from their church?
Bibles, too.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am

wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
The common thread throughout these pages: Whenever the secular media reports on faith or religion, they warp the story through the lens of their politics.

We might as well lock this whole thread.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am

Del wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
The common thread throughout these pages: Whenever the secular media reports on faith or religion, they warp the story through the lens of their politics.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 am

+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am
wosbald wrote:
UncleBob wrote: