How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:57 am

Cooler today with an onshore breeze up from the Sea of Cortez/ Gulf of California
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 am

Rain, 72 F.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 am

Rain, 66 F.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 am
Rain, 66 F.
That cool rain sounds nice

Here, though monsoon is still with us, there hasn't been the formation of as many thunderstorm cells lately, so we've been dry. Compared to the glorious 4 plus inches of rain we had last month.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 pm
Jester wrote:
Rain, 66 F.

Here, though monsoon is still with us, there hasn't been the formation of as many thunderstorm cells lately, so we've been dry. Compared to the glorious 4 plus inches of rain we had last month.
Well, it is just the 2nd day of the month. We had a big rain here earlier this week. It may have been local but it dumped buckets and had some nice thunder with it.

Currently it seems we're on the slow summer cool down--- temps going from 110 (high) to mid 100s (high) in the next 10 days or so. It'll keep creeping down. But we could still get some higher humidity days-- ugh (high is relative here where those temps and 20% humidity can be awful). Remember, water vapor in the air (humidity) is an insulator.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:55 am

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:53 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 pm
Jester wrote:
Rain, 66 F.

Well, it is just the 2nd day of the month. We had a big rain here earlier this week. It may have been local but it dumped buckets and had some nice thunder with it.

Currently it seems we're on the slow summer cool down--- temps going from 110 (high) to mid 100s (high) in the next 10 days or so. It'll keep creeping down. But we could still get some higher humidity days-- ugh (high is relative here where those temps and 20% humidity can be awful). Remember, water vapor in the air (humidity) is an insulator.
I find it is our monsoon dew point that is most uncomfortable. But we're on the back side of summer now with days growing shorter by 1.5 minutes every day. September always seems to bring relief and that's just a stone's throw away.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:32 am

Around 105 for a high today but the beginning of next week, daytime highs only 93. Thanks to lots of monsoon activity forecast later this week

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:16 am

It had been quite hot and clear and dry but last night as I was doing a little yard work I saw the awesome monsoon system moving back in from the SE. And sure enough today, our Dew Point is way up to 67 °F, with Humidity 51%. The forecast shows scattered T Storms over at least the next 10 days

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/az/ajo/85321

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am

Hot.
Dry.

Animas River Flow (triangles represent long-term average):

Flow today is the lowest on record for this date.
Water temperatures reaching into the low 70s, and filled with ash and silt from the 416 Fire downstream of Hermosa Creek.

Most recent US drought monitor map:

Quite worried about the fishery ...
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am
Flow [of the Animas River] today is the lowest on record for this date.
Water temperatures reaching into the low 70s, and filled with ash and silt from the 416 Fire downstream of Hermosa Creek.

Do they divert much water from the Animas for irrigation?

I wasn't here in June 2012 but the High Park fire devastated 'my' canyon and filled the river with ash and, soon after, silt. The fishers and guides I've talked to who were here then were shocked that the Poudre was almost as good as ever the next season and by year two had recovered completely. Much of the canyon is now bare with a few black 'toothpicks' here and there. The river outfitters and kayakers quickly cleared the most dangerous sweepers in the lower river where they float but there are still many up higher. They're a PITA for the fisher to get around, but the small fish enjoy their protection. It's ugly, but it's home so we accept the change as just "part of the deal". You'll appreciate the ugly beauty soon enough if you don't already.

76 beautiful degrees up here in NOCO right now

[EDIT]Of course we had more normal flows to help flush the river, unlike what you guys are getting.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am
Flow [of the Animas River] today is the lowest on record for this date.

Do they divert much water from the Animas for irrigation?

I wasn't here in June 2012 but the High Park fire devastated 'my' canyon and filled the river with ash and, soon after, silt. The fishers and guides I've talked to who were here then were shocked that the Poudre was almost as good as ever the next season and by year two had recovered completely. Much of the canyon is now bare with a few black 'toothpicks' here and there. The river outfitters and kayakers quickly cleared the most dangerous sweepers in the lower river where they float but there are still many up higher. They're a PITA for the fisher to get around, but the small fish enjoy their protection. It's ugly, but it's home so we accept the change as just "part of the deal". You'll appreciate the ugly beauty soon enough if you don't already.

76 beautiful degrees up here in NOCO right now

[EDIT]Of course we had more normal flows to help flush the river, unlike what you guys are getting.
Yes, they do divert water for irrigation, and south of town they divert it to pump it uphill to sit unused in a reservoir and evaporate. Don’t get me started ...

Yeah, a couple of good snow years and a big runoff or two and this is all history.
But a few more dry years and it will take a lot longer to recover.

But recover. Eventually. It will.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm

A storm passed through about an hour ago. Skies are still filled with thunderclouds. Has dropped the temp down quite a bit for.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 am

Temps still delightfully moderated cooler by the monsoonal flow. Enjoyed my bicycle ride this morning.

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:44 pm

It’s supposed to be 101 today and 91 tomorrow. My bride and her best friend are planning to float the river tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:54 am

Strong T storms moved through our area last evening dumping considerable rain and of course today it is pretty humid. It's actually the high dew point that's uncomfortable. Turning out to be one of the wettest monsoons we've had in many years. At 11 am it is 86 F.

peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

Post by peter cornbriar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Rain,sun and humid,Rain,Rain,Rain,sun and humid, and rain rain rain, ad nauseum.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Rain on and off almost everyday for 2 1/2 weeks. Flash flooding Saturday in the areas around us especially in some areas not know to flood. We haven't flooded but the fact the Pompton river is our backyard is not helping me sleep better with 3 or 4 more days of rain forecasted.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

With monsoons influence only 92 today and 91 tomorrow. But it is pretty sticky with high dew point and humidity from another rain we had the other night.

peter cornbriar

Post by peter cornbriar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:09 am

Here we go again, just sitting on my deck,typing out some posts/replies about 15" ago, and the rain begins - it always rains.This summer has to have made the top ten list for inches of rain in one season.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:04 am

Over the past few days, Monsoon has withdrawn but its due to reappear on Tuesday

https://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/