THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Re: THE CATHOLIC THREAD

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 am
+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 pm
By what authority does Faggioli associate scandal with Sheen's priesthood in order to state that there is no scandal?
This makes no sense, unlike reporting exactly why the Vatican postponed Sheen's Beatification?
Was it from the USCCB---and if so, for what reason?
Apparently, it was postponed for exactly that reason, among others. …

[…]
Mesa no tink so.

Every article I've read has said that the rationale for the intervention is unknown.

In that light, it would seem that the above-quoted statement is meant to be consolatory (i.e. informing the faithful that there are no known allegations) rather than precautionary (i.e. informing the faithful that their bishops are doing due-diligence).
You should think more. :P or maybe I should think less. Or we should think together.

While I doubt that it's the real reason behind the postponement, there is an allegation that Archbishop Sheen took no action regarding a complaint of abuse lodged against one of his subordinate priests and I believe that to be the reason behind the USCCB statement.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 am
[…]

While I doubt that it's the real reason behind the postponement, there is an allegation that Archbishop Sheen took no action regarding a complaint of abuse lodged against one of his subordinate priests and I believe that to be the reason behind the USCCB statement.
FWIW, according to the linked article, CNA reported that "sources said the delay was not related to a 2007 lawsuit that alleged Sheen saw and did nothing".

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 pm

wosbald wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am
+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 am
[…]

FWIW, according to the linked article, CNA reported that "sources said the delay was not related to a 2007 lawsuit that alleged Sheen saw and did nothing".
Yes. Of course my opinion is uninformed, but I find that hard to believe. I like him. He was a great priest. All the folderol surrounding his body and now this is just saddening. He passed the utterly meaningless Paulie Canonization Rubric a long time ago.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Thank you, sir.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 am

+JMJ+
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Thank you, sir.
:thumbsup:

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:45 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:43 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:37 pm

+JMJ+

Pope names Manila Cardinal Tagle to major Vatican post
In this Oct. 23, 2018 file photo, Manila Cardinal Luis Tagle smiles as he listens to reporters' questions during a press conference on the Synod at the Vatican. The Vatican announced on Sunday that Pope Francis named Manila's Cardinal Tagle to a major Vatican post, the Congregation for the Evangelization of the Peoples, in a move that could boost the Asian prelate's chances to perhaps someday become pontiff himself. (Credit: AP Photo/Alessandra Tarantino, file)

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis has named Manila Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle to a major Vatican post, in a move that could boost the Asian prelate’s chances of perhaps someday becoming pontiff himself.

The Vatican announced Sunday that Tagle, 62, will head the Congregation for the Evangelization of the Peoples.

The appointment of Tagle as prefect of that office highlights the attention that Francis is giving to the Church in the developing world.

Vatican observers have long seen Tagle as having the qualifications of a “papabile,’” churchmen widely considered to have the makings potentially to be elected pope someday by their fellow cardinals.

[…]

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco