What was the last movie you saw?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
AnungUnRama
Pastor
Pastor

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by AnungUnRama » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:32 am

Since I rarely ever watch a movie in its entirety all at once, I think the last one I finished was Hellboy 2 - The Golden Army
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:20 am

Watched X-Men: Apocalypse with my son yesterday afternoon. Neither the best nor the worst of the films in the series. I think a lot of the problems the X-Men films have could be solved if instead of trying to cram a gazillion mutant characters into a 2 hour film, they'd just make a long form series with a large budget - a serialized production such as this would lend itself better to a better screen adaptation of the X-Men, as there's been more misses than hits with their films.

Also recently watched the new Tom Hanks film, Greyhound with my wife. She didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did. Not much plot to this 90-minute film, but if WWII naval warfare is your thing then you'll like it.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm

My family has talked me into renting Dolittle. The 2020 remake starring Robert Downey Jr. We’re watching it right now. This is really, really bad.

This is appropriate here:

I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis