Pictures of your cellar

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Re: Pictures of your cellar

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:49 pm

My cellar is more like a junk drawer size that holds the mason jars and tins . . . . feelings of inadequacy in the tobacco department.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

rgcurrey wrote:My cellar is more like a junk drawer size that holds the mason jars and tins . . . . feelings of inadequacy in the tobacco department.
Don’t, I have too much, something new comes out and I can’t justify buying it because I already have more than I’ll ever smoke... There are pluses and minuses to both situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Pictures of your cellar

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm
Here’s my stash of unopened tins

I keep it in a storage container under my bed, kinda makes me feel like a dragon laying on my stash of gold...

What a smorgasbord, wide variety of blends.
Notice that almost half of it is C&D or Pease lol, I used to have more stockpiles of favorites, but over time I’ve traded away tins that I have multiple of in box passes, Secret Santa gifts and the like.

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:59 pm
I have 55 tins of McClelland (most of it VA-Per) here in my McClelland "cellar" and also Five, larger 3.5 ounce tins of their St. James Woods VA-Per in my hall closet cellar.

The Aurora (upper right in the back) I have 10 tins of, behind the Pebble Cut. It is a ready rubbed, awesome pure sweet Virginia blend with incredible depth and dimension. Wish I had more than 10 tins, but I have a small house.

I have a hallway closet "cellar" that has, among other various tins & bulk, quite a bit of bulk McClelland Virginias and I have the above separate McClelland tin "cellar" in one of my office work station hutch cabinets. Over the past couple few months I have added to it with these 16 tins of 40th Anniversary. I also moved six 100 g tins of McCl St. James Woods in with them, on the lower shelf. So now both shelves are pretty much packed with McCl tins. Once I figure out how to log into Imgur, since they changed their home page, I'll post a complete pic....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
I have 55 tins of McClelland (most of it VA-Per) here in my McClelland "cellar" and also Five, larger 3.5 ounce tins of their St. James Woods VA-Per in my hall closet cellar.

The Aurora (upper right in the back) I have 10 tins of, behind the Pebble Cut. It is a ready rubbed, awesome pure sweet Virginia blend with incredible depth and dimension. Wish I had more than 10 tins, but I have a small house.

I have a hallway closet "cellar" that has, among other various tins & bulk, quite a bit of bulk McClelland Virginias and I have the above separate McClelland tin "cellar" in one of my office work station hutch cabinets. Over the past couple few months I have added to it with these 16 tins of 40th Anniversary. I also moved six 100 g tins of McCl St. James Woods in with them, on the lower shelf. So now both shelves are pretty much packed with McCl tins. Once I figure out how to log into Imgur, since they changed their home page, I'll post a complete pic....

Goose, I think your cellar would last me multiple lifetimes, I’m not even sure I’ll ever end up smoking all of what I have, which seems to be less...

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:11 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Goose, I think your cellar would last me multiple lifetimes, I’m not even sure I’ll ever end up smoking all of what I have, which seems to be less...
I reintroduced myself to the pipe back in Jan 2016 and it was CPS (mostly Rusty) that turned my attention to McClelland. Their 40th Anniversary is like nothing they ever produced. Celestial. One day it'll be one of the most sought after no longer made blends in the world. Since the tobacco is so good and seems to meet with the approval of almost everyone's taste buds, and since it was so limited in production, getting tins for the future seems to me, prudent. The stuff will certainly never be cheaper than it is right now.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Pictures of your cellar

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:31 pm

True true, I never had it, but I feel that way about GLP Renaissance Reserve and Stonehenge, to be fair there are a bunch of blends I probably would stockpile if it were in the budget.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:55 pm

This is now the separate McClelland "cellar" in my office hutch. 25 tins of Beacon Extra, 3 tins of Pebblecut, 20 tins of Aurora, 13 tins of Tudor Castle, 2 tins of Hunter Blend, Beagle, 4 tins of Beacon, 17 tins of 40th Aniv, and 6 tins of St, James woods. The hallway closet "cellar" has a large shelf packed with other non McClelland blends, in tins and Kerr jars.

Took the label off a tin of Tudor Castle I just opened. I save the labels now. I took a moment to gaze at this narrow strip of paper with McClelland's printing. A real, deep sadness came over me. Hard to put that into words though. Just a grief over loss. I love there Red Virginias so.

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:11 am

When we left the US, I left my cellar split amongst 3 friends' houses. Here's what is left at one of the three. I've been carrying as much as I can to the DR on every stateside trip, but it's gonna take a while. Image

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm

SandPiper wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:11 am
When we left the US, I left my cellar split amongst 3 friends' houses. Here's what is left at one of the three. I've been carrying as much as I can to the DR on every stateside trip, but it's gonna take a while. Image

Lots of Rattrays there. Hard stuff to come by these days.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Joshoowah wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm
SandPiper wrote:

Ain't that the truth.

If you ever get tired of Marlin Flake I would be happy to relieve you of some of it. ;*)
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 pm

When I get home I'll have to take a pic of my rapidly dwindling can of PA and the quarter-jar of Potlatch. :lol: (Bloodhound was super kind and sent me a block of PPP that told myself I was going to cellar, but I have no patience at all and have smoked it...)

Might be time to replenish the stash...
Sola Deo Gloria

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 pm
When I get home I'll have to take a pic of my rapidly dwindling can of PA and the quarter-jar of Potlatch. :lol: (Bloodhound was super kind and sent me a block of PPP that told myself I was going to cellar, but I have no patience at all and have smoked it...)

Might be time to replenish the stash...
What do you think of that Potlatch?
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:18 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Joshoowah wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm
SandPiper wrote:

Ain't that the truth.

If you ever get tired of Marlin Flake I would be happy to relieve you of some of it. ;*)
I stockpiled a *lot* of Marlin Flake. It was my favorite blend for years. I have somewhere north of 30lb of it, bought mostly in bulk (which is stored at another friend's house) between 2003-5.....somehow I'm still not tired of it though :)

-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy