Who's on right now?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Re: Who's on right now?

Post by Tatanka » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Heaven's blessings to one and all, your families and relatives. Wishing you a joy-filled, blessed Christmas, and that New Year to be a good one in all the ways that count!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:04 am

Who's on right now?
Just me flying solo
Han Solo
and Greedo
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Well, AFRS, I just clicked in to see if anyone had anything truly wise and inspiring, funny or fearful to post. Evidently the shocker is that just you and I are on here! I'm waiting for my wife to finish controlling the sink and mirror, so I can put on a shirt, brush my teeth - reverse order, - and then we plan, the Lord willing, to drive the 9.7 miles to our youngest daughter's house and her husband and family to eat snacks; no fatted goose it seems; and exchange - a lot of "gift cards" this year - which is so easy for shopping, which I do appreciate; but I miss the joy of seeing kids (gone! Now they are grandparents themselves) opening gifts, tossing all that wrapping paper over the floor - what a fun mess! And then exclaiming with excitement things like: "it's just what I wanted!" Gone are those days. They are now "daze" where an ordinary tee shirt, even a colored tee shirt is OUT because it has to 'say' or picture something on it that I have no idea what it means, and I'm not thrilled to wear any shirt that advertises some mamuth (sp?) company and their products!

My wife did find a pair each of "Converse" - the old tennis shoes I wore to school, for two grandsons, now adults. But they had to be "Converse"! I want to cry! What if they were identical but were called "Versecon" shoes? They would be ashamed to wear them, probably!

I'm sorry for spouting off on Christmas day. We did have our worship time this morning. I do praise and thank GOD for coming in that Miracle of INcarnation, the Creator to be murdered by those He created.

I ate too many Ginger cookies our oldest daughter baked and shipped from Missoula, Montana, this morning with my coffee. I just can't eat "just one"!

Well, I'm wishing you some real 'felt' blessings today, and a new year that proves to be better in many ways over what 2018 was.
And I'll echo Tiny Tim's "GOD bless us everyone!"
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Listen to Who's on right now? by JoCose #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/jocose-2/whos-on-right-now
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

FredS
Good enough for Trappists
Good enough for Trappists

Post by FredS » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:37 pm

I don't get it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Listen to Who's on right now? by JoCose #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/jocose-2/whos-on-right-now
Listening on repeat
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:01 pm
Well, AFRS, I just clicked in to see if anyone had anything truly wise and inspiring, funny or fearful to post. Evidently the shocker is that just you and I are on here! I'm waiting for my wife to finish controlling the sink and mirror, so I can put on a shirt, brush my teeth - reverse order, - and then we plan, the Lord willing, to drive the 9.7 miles to our youngest daughter's house and her husband and family to eat snacks; no fatted goose it seems; and exchange - a lot of "gift cards" this year - which is so easy for shopping, which I do appreciate; but I miss the joy of seeing kids (gone! Now they are grandparents themselves) opening gifts, tossing all that wrapping paper over the floor - what a fun mess! And then exclaiming with excitement things like: "it's just what I wanted!" Gone are those days. They are now "daze" where an ordinary tee shirt, even a colored tee shirt is OUT because it has to 'say' or picture something on it that I have no idea what it means, and I'm not thrilled to wear any shirt that advertises some mamuth (sp?) company and their products!

My wife did find a pair each of "Converse" - the old tennis shoes I wore to school, for two grandsons, now adults. But they had to be "Converse"! I want to cry! What if they were identical but were called "Versecon" shoes? They would be ashamed to wear them, probably!

I'm sorry for spouting off on Christmas day. We did have our worship time this morning. I do praise and thank GOD for coming in that Miracle of INcarnation, the Creator to be murdered by those He created.

I ate too many Ginger cookies our oldest daughter baked and shipped from Missoula, Montana, this morning with my coffee. I just can't eat "just one"!

Well, I'm wishing you some real 'felt' blessings today, and a new year that proves to be better in many ways over what 2018 was.
And I'll echo Tiny Tim's "GOD bless us everyone!"
I just finished vacuuming & assorted cleaning so that 'her side of the family' can come over and mess it all up. I didn't go to church - I haven't been for about 3 years. I'm one of the WASPM exodus. In the words of Jocose "I can't relate™".

All the best to you & yours. Family is where it's at. I think. Maybe not. Savages, the lot of them! Bah humbug.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:37 pm
I don't get it.
Who would?