Netflix Gold

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jester

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by Jester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 am

'Stranger Things' Creators Head To Trial For Alleged Plagiarism

I spoke with tuttle about this a few weeks ago. I heard rumors about it last year. Most articles saying the claims had no merit.
"On Wednesday, a Los Angeles Superior Court denied summary judgment to the Duffer brothers in a lawsuit brought by Charlie Kessler," reports The Hollywood Reporter. "Kessler alleges Stranger Things is based on a feature film script titled The Montauk Project — set in the New York town in which he says is home to 'various urban legends, and paranormal and conspiracy theories.'"

Kessler claims he pitched the project to the Duffers at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2014, alleging they breached an "implied contract.".........
Michael Kernan, attorney for Kessler, said the denial of summary judgment proves Kessler's case has merit, noting the difficulty of taking a plagiarism case to trial, most of which are settled out of court or dismissed entirely.

"Now that the Judge has ruled and denied their motion for summary judgment, we can now dispense with the nonsense promoted by the Duffers and Netflix that this lawsuit has no merit, and that they had 'proof' that they created the show," said Kernan. "If the lawsuit had no merit, or if they actually had the 'proof' they created it, then their summary judgment would have won. They lost. These motions are very hard to fight and winning this Motion shows Mr. Kessler has a good case. We look forward to proving Mr. Kessler's case at trial."
I hope the show continues. I have doubt they will. When the rumors started circulating they talked about cutting off at season two. Then they delayed season three by nearly a year (they release this Independence Day instead of last Halloween).

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 am

Ouch. Mrs Gabriel and I just started re-watching season 2 last night.
Sola Deo Gloria

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Over on Amazon Prime (can I put this here... I shall put this here):

I was thinking about Denny Crane recently-- don't know why, just the name. Actually it was because I watched some of Iron Fist *(which is on Netflix)* and the young kid's name is "Danny Rand". And they said it so much I said to my wife..."This seems like a drinking game". And I started talking back to the TV: "Denny Crane" whenever they said "Danny Rand".

Well, this last weekend I stumbled across Boston Legal again on Amazon Prime. And it was glorious with Shatner as Denny Crane but I also recalled that wasn't where the character was introduced-- that was back on .... "The Practice"-- in the 8th season (and final one).

I went back and watched Alan Shore (James Spader) and then the introduction of Shatner's character-- The Practice is not HD and it's a little painful but still some very funny moments as the producers shifted the show from drama to comedy to kick off (eventually) Boston Legal.

Denny Crane.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:11 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 pm
Over on Amazon Prime (can I put this here... I shall put this here):

I was thinking about Denny Crane recently-- don't know why, just the name. Actually it was because I watched some of Iron Fist *(which is on Netflix)* and the young kid's name is "Danny Rand". And they said it so much I said to my wife..."This seems like a drinking game". And I started talking back to the TV: "Denny Crane" whenever they said "Danny Rand".

Well, this last weekend I stumbled across Boston Legal again on Amazon Prime. And it was glorious with Shatner as Denny Crane but I also recalled that wasn't where the character was introduced-- that was back on .... "The Practice"-- in the 8th season (and final one).

I went back and watched Alan Shore (James Spader) and then the introduction of Shatner's character-- The Practice is not HD and it's a little painful but still some very funny moments as the producers shifted the show from drama to comedy to kick off (eventually) Boston Legal.

Denny Crane.
Denny Crane is one of the greatest TV characters ever created.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat May 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Just started Colony. Good so far.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 pm

424cat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:42 pm
424cat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:05 pm
Jester wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:06 am
I have been watching Longmire.
Longmire was a "top shelf" show. I grew up in Wy and Mt near a couple of reservations, took me back to my youth.
Where in MT, my friend? I spent large portions of my youthful summers in Joliet and Belfry, family in Cody and Jackson Hole (natives I'm afraid, not rich uns).

Sorry to hijack. I just have a warm spot for the west, probably because I am not a true native.
Billings when I was a little older. In my younger days I did a lot of elk hunting south of Cody, in the Shoshone National forest closer to Meeteese.
We stayed in Billings one night. When we woke up someone told us to be careful outside, a bear was spotted walking around town.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:31 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:34 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:00 pm
The Highwaymen. Highly recommended.
This is a really good flick, by the way..
I wasn't sure about it, but I will check it out now.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat May 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Kerdy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:31 pm
JimVH wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Good to see you around, bud.

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:41 pm
Kerdy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:31 pm
JimVH wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Good to see you around, bud.
Thanks!

I watched it and liked it.