The Fly Tying Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor

Re: The Fly Tying Thread

Post by Dlibbon » Sun May 05, 2019 6:00 am

Got a chance to get to the mountains last week. Some dry and nymph action but a good wooly bugger stripped through a run is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Not fly tying, but my daughter finally talked me into painting again. While it was fun, this is obviously a skill I have not maintained. Will label it once the paint is dry. Wing looks decent, but that hackle... ouch.

Sola Deo Gloria

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm

I saw this on another site and thought it was cool. I am learning, poorly, but learning :) on a Thompson A
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm

I saw this on another site and thought it was cool. I am learning, poorly, but learning :) on a Thompson A
Thompson A is a classic Vice.
I learned on a Thompson C that I still have.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:12 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Thompson A is a classic Vice.
I learned on a Thompson C that I still have.
Fantastic video. I love learning about the tools, gadgets, and gizmos built up around my hobbies. I learned on a Thompson A knockoff that is now in the hands of a more capable tier. I recently was given an old fly ting kit that belonged to my father in law. As far as I know, he never tied flies, but he was a westerner who fished for trout so it was natural that someone would give him a gift such as that somewhere along the line. It has a Thompson H style vise.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 am

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe