The 'Post Yer Beast' thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Re: The 'Post Yer Beast' thread

Post by michigander » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am
joegoat wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 pm
Back home on the farm for the weekend. Mrs. Joegoat is currently spending some quality time with Dixie the farm dog. She's a mutt, but loves herding cows and she's a groundhog killing ace so we figure she's got some terrier and shepherd in her. The dog that is, not Mrs. Joegoat. Image

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Cute look on her face. So innocent. :)

My aunt had a dog once that was obsessed with digging up moles. He wouldn’t kill them outright, he just tossed them around playfully until they gave up. As soon as they stopped moving he lost interest and left them for dead.
Emmy is quite efficient at catching moles (and killing them). One campground we were in had mole tunnels everywhere. She would occasionally stop, tilt her head and dive forward stuffing her nose in the ground. She would come up with a mole about 3/4 of the time. She would them proceed to chomp on it producing a crunching sound. It was quite... disturbing.

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Re: The 'Post Yer Beast' thread

Post by joegoat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm

michigander wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am
joegoat wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 pm
Back home on the farm for the weekend. Mrs. Joegoat is currently spending some quality time with Dixie the farm dog. She's a mutt, but loves herding cows and she's a groundhog killing ace so we figure she's got some terrier and shepherd in her. The dog that is, not Mrs. Joegoat. Image

Cute look on her face. So innocent. :)

My aunt had a dog once that was obsessed with digging up moles. He wouldn’t kill them outright, he just tossed them around playfully until they gave up. As soon as they stopped moving he lost interest and left them for dead.
Emmy is quite efficient at catching moles (and killing them). One campground we were in had mole tunnels everywhere. She would occasionally stop, tilt her head and dive forward stuffing her nose in the ground. She would come up with a mole about 3/4 of the time. She would them proceed to chomp on it producing a crunching sound. It was quite... disturbing.
Haha

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis