Good Tunes for Friday Listenin'

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
CodeMonkey
Beeblebrox's Second Head
Beeblebrox's Second Head

Re: Good Tunes for Friday Listenin'

Post by CodeMonkey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:43 pm

In my opinion the Nicholas Brothers far outshine Astaire and Kelly.

“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 pm

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 am

I know, it isn't Friday, but this is good listenin' any day of the week. Edgar Meyer, Yo Yo Ma & Chris Thile playing Bach. First time I've heard a mandolin used in classical music - very harpsichord-like.

Listening via Spotify, however, If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can stream it for free there as part of their Prime music catalog.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis