Dream Interpretation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by Cleon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Cleon wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:45 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 am
I always imagined Del owning a Polka bar.
Yep.
Where they play polka music on bagpipes.
A nightmare.
Or kazoos.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm

I took an afternoon nap today and dreamed I knew someone who could stop time.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

I've been very interested in dream interpretation (there have been times in my life where I've had very vivid dreams and nightmares, but I won't go into that).

I'm no expert, but my layman thoughts on the subject, some of which are from my attempts at understanding Jungian psychology, are that dreams represent stories of our lives, or stories of our common humanity, and gives us clues on what to seek out, or what to avoid in order to move in the right direction.

(Nightmares to me, for example, represent potential consequences for our wrong actions, and good dreams represent potential rewards for our right actions).

Though I believe that dreams tend to be "exaggerations" to some extent or another - good dreams, if followed do lead to rewards, and nightmares, if not avoided, do lead to consequences, but they don't tend to "play out" as literally in daily life as they do in the dream.

That's my own take, beyond that, I won't get into the specifics.

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm
I've been very interested in dream interpretation (there have been times in my life where I've had very vivid dreams and nightmares, but I won't go into that).

I'm no expert, but my layman thoughts on the subject, some of which are from my attempts at understanding Jungian psychology, are that dreams represent stories of our lives, or stories of our common humanity, and gives us clues on what to seek out, or what to avoid in order to move in the right direction.

(Nightmares to me, for example, represent potential consequences for our wrong actions, and good dreams represent potential rewards for our right actions).

Though I believe that dreams tend to be "exaggerations" to some extent or another - good dreams, if followed do lead to rewards, and nightmares, if not avoided, do lead to consequences, but they don't tend to "play out" as literally in daily life as they do in the dream.

Back at the dawn of time, during my university days, the dorms had laundry facilities in the basement. If you wanted clean clothes, you had to walk down there and clean them yourself. Those who didn’t stay to guard them ran a veritable gauntlet of risks, from the nepharious bastiges that would remove your clothes from the machines in order to clean or dry their own all the way up to our nemesis, a fellow who would poo in the machines. We called him the “Phantom Sh!tter.”

Flash forward, now, if you will, to the present day. In an effort to stop school age children from just blurting out whatever pops into their tiny little minds in a modern grammar school, the teachers have devised a “connection sign” so that the kids can indicate they have made a connection and should be called upon to share it. This connection sign consists of the hand, closed except for an extended thumb and little finger, and is vigorously tapped against the chest of the would-be communicant. Like most great theories, it doesn’t work at all and the most common result is for a child to look like an utter moron, beating his chest with a “hang loose” sign whilst simultaneously hopping up and down on one foot and blurting out balderdash anyway. In my house, we call this the “Sign of a Tenuous Connection.”

Don’t be the Phantom Sh!tter Showing Signs of a Tenuous Connection.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:

Back at the dawn of time, during my university days, the dorms had laundry facilities in the basement. If you wanted clean clothes, you had to walk down there and clean them yourself. Those who didn’t stay to guard them ran a veritable gauntlet of risks, from the nepharious bastiges that would remove your clothes from the machines in order to clean or dry their own all the way up to our nemesis, a fellow who would poo in the machines. We called him the “Phantom Sh!tter.”

Flash forward, now, if you will, to the present day. In an effort to stop school age children from just blurting out whatever pops into their tiny little minds in a modern grammar school, the teachers have devised a “connection sign” so that the kids can indicate they have made a connection and should be called upon to share it. This connection sign consists of the hand, closed except for an extended thumb and little finger, and is vigorously tapped against the chest of the would-be communicant. Like most great theories, it doesn’t work at all and the most common result is for a child to look like an utter moron, beating his chest with a “hang loose” sign whilst simultaneously hopping up and down on one foot and blurting out balderdash anyway. In my house, we call this the “Sign of a Tenuous Connection.”

In other words, have a filter?

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:

Hah! Yes. You seem sentient and cheerful and decent. Why not try it? I think your results would improve.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:

Hah! Yes. You seem sentient and cheerful and decent. Why not try it? I think your results would improve.
Remember, he's youthful. I mean, did you have a filter when you were young? Nevermind. :lol:
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:04 am

I dreamed that I was in a band with JimVH. He was playing drums.
"I call [coco] 'barely passable heretic.'" - HugoDrax

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:57 am

coco wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:04 am
Anything like this?

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:42 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:57 am
coco wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:04 am
Anything like this?

I didn't know you were a plumber, Jim.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords

Post by Stanley76 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 am

This was a dream I had a few months ago. It was so good, I etched it into my memory:

I'm sitting in the back of a big limo next to Kellyanne Conway riding through a city. All of a sudden she starts holding my hand. I said, "I thought you were married." She said that she divorced her husband and that she was my girlfriend now. So we rode around to various places and end up at a big complex with a gate, drove through and into a courtyard, a huuuuuge courtyard with tall walls all around it.

We get out of the limo and about 8 stories up the POTUS popped his head out the window and yelled for us to come on up. We went in a door and a bunch of guys in suits (Secret Service I guess) said that I couldn't go up because I didn't have a security clearance. Kellyanne told them to get lost because I was her boyfriend (we were still holding hands).

We get on an elevator and end up in the really fancy apartment with wood paneled walls. The prez is there and a bunch of other people having a meeting. He starts asking me my opinion on various things and the other people object. He shoos them out and Kellyanne introduces me to him formally. He shakes my hand and slaps me on the back saying, "You got a great girl there, a really great girl."

Then we go sit at a big table and sit down. Waiters bring in tub after tub of ice cream and the prez tells me I can have all I want. So we sit there just me, Kellyanne and Donald eating delicious ice cream.

That's all I remember. Does this mean that I will end up with Kellyanne and become a presidential advisor?
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel

Post by Del » Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 am
This was a dream I had a few months ago. It was so good, I etched it into my memory:

I'm sitting in the back of a big limo next to Kellyanne Conway riding through a city. All of a sudden she starts holding my hand. I said, "I thought you were married." She said that she divorced her husband and that she was my girlfriend now. So we rode around to various places and end up at a big complex with a gate, drove through and into a courtyard, a huuuuuge courtyard with tall walls all around it.

We get out of the limo and about 8 stories up the POTUS popped his head out the window and yelled for us to come on up. We went in a door and a bunch of guys in suits (Secret Service I guess) said that I couldn't go up because I didn't have a security clearance. Kellyanne told them to get lost because I was her boyfriend (we were still holding hands).

We get on an elevator and end up in the really fancy apartment with wood paneled walls. The prez is there and a bunch of other people having a meeting. He starts asking me my opinion on various things and the other people object. He shoos them out and Kellyanne introduces me to him formally. He shakes my hand and slaps me on the back saying, "You got a great girl there, a really great girl."

Then we go sit at a big table and sit down. Waiters bring in tub after tub of ice cream and the prez tells me I can have all I want. So we sit there just me, Kellyanne and Donald eating delicious ice cream.

That's all I remember. Does this mean that I will end up with Kellyanne and become a presidential advisor?
So glad she finally ditched that guy.
"If somebody serves you something to eat, and it don't taste good? -- Then it ain't Cajun!" -- Paul Prudhomme

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat May 23, 2020 9:56 am

I had a dream recently that I was at a CPS meetup at some Roadhouse joint.

I heard a lot of the regulars were there but I didnt see anyone.

Then Tuttle introduced himself and invited me to his table. I sat down but he didn't say anything, which was awkward, I asked him a few questions and he started looking at his watch and looking around the room.

I sat there a while wondering what was going on as he was scanning the room.

Then there was a commotion in the back.. I got up and saw Del wasted drunk starting fights and stumbling around.

Tuttle looked at me but still didnt say anything.

I left the building and thought what a weird meet up.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 am

Jocose wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:56 am

Then Tuttle introduced himself and invited me to his table. I sat down but he didn't say anything, which was awkward, I asked him a few questions and he started looking at his watch and looking around the room.

Then there was a commotion in the back.. I got up and saw Del wasted drunk starting fights and stumbling around.

The interpretation of this dream depends on one important detail: Did anyone see your face?

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords

Post by Stanley76 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am

Del wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 am
Stanley76 wrote:

So I'm good then? I mean, me and Kellyanne are going to be an item? Wow, that's great news!
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am
Del wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 am
Stanley76 wrote:

So I'm good then? I mean, me and Kellyanne are going to be an item? Wow, that's great news!
Not for her, I'm thinking.
—Marcus Aurelius

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm

coco wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 am
Jocose wrote:

The interpretation of this dream depends on one important detail: Did anyone see your face?
CDC guidelines for face coverings were followed .
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm
coco wrote:
Jocose wrote:

Good. If they had seen you in your dream, they would have seen you in real life, for this dream is prophetic. I would hate for you to have to undergo relocation again.

You shall soon get beaten up by Del and Tuttle. Sorry.

Still, it isn't as bad as relocation, I suppose. You guys are like the super family in The Incredibles.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sat May 23, 2020 5:59 pm

coco wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm
Jocose wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm
coco wrote:
Jocose wrote:

Good. If they had seen you in your dream, they would have seen you in real life, for this dream is prophetic. I would hate for you to have to undergo relocation again.

You shall soon get beaten up by Del and Tuttle. Sorry.

Still, it isn't as bad as relocation, I suppose. You guys are like the super family in The Incredibles.
I've already been beaten up by Del and Tut by reading here, that's worse than a physical beating in my estimation.

:lol:

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Mon May 25, 2020 7:21 am

I dreamed I had joined the Masons and was on my way to a Shriner's initiation.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.