Back on the Bench

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Back on the Bench

Post by durangopipe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 pm

For sure.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Praying it all goes as smooth as silk.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Prayers for you all sir.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Nature of a Man
Congregation
Congregation

Re: Different Bench

Post by Nature of a Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:30 pm
From June 17, 2016
JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:15 pm
I involved CPS by way of prayer requests in 2013 as I started progress through my application to become an Administrative Law Judge for the government.

Here is the link to that thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31731&hilit=alj

Trying, but failing, to make a long story short, I received an offer Monday to be a Disability Judge in Roanoke, Virginia commencing July 25. I accepted. If I explained more of the process and my circumstances, you would see the providence involved in my obtaining this position.
There remains much to do to relocate and adjust to a new area and a new vocation. There is even more to do involved with detaching the roots placed down from 44 years residence in the same town, including all of my adult life. The Lord has brought me thus far and I have complete faith that He is more than able to work out all the details of my near future transition.
Take time to praise the Lord for what He is doing in my life. Pray that I will keep a watchful eye for His will being done and seek to step into the middle of it.
Thank you to all of those who spoke general and specific prayers on my behalf. I thank God for the part of this community that helped me live through some tough times over the past 5 years.
From July 25, 2016
JudgeRusty wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm
Praise the Lord.
I was sworn in and now my user name is officially applicable again.

Pray that I will glorify Christ with my life in whatever circumstance I find myself in.
Many of you are aware of prayer requests I have placed here for my family as my parents’ health fails.
My sister back in Alabama, along with help from her family and mine, is handling things as best as can be expected.
I expected my move to be permanent when I took this job. In 2016, I did not count on my parents’ health taking a downward turn and I expected to promptly sell my home in Alabama. Neither of these worked out according to plan.

I have accepted an opportunity for a transfer within the same US department. I will be working out of the Florence, Alabama office which is not real close to home. However, I will be able to be home each weekend and some other days due to telework opportunities. I will be able to assist more with the family and live most of the time in my home. I can see the Lord’s handiwork in providing necessary opportunities. I seek to improve in my service for the Lord’s sake.

There is much to work out before my move the last weekend of April.

Please continue to pray for me, my mother and father, and my family.
Prayers with you, JudgeRusty - when times are less stressful I would definitely be interested in hearing about your life story in regards to your journey to becoming a judge. I'm an amateur author and would be willing to write a short story about it for Medium.com.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 am

It's certainly a winding path idn't it Judge? One day your life seems like things are falling in to place perfectly and the next it seems like everything's falling in on top of you and you just want to go back to the safe place you started from.

Chin up brother. We're praying for you.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:44 am

You have our prayers.

Florence is not far from my parent's home, so we will need to get together for a smoke or something while I'm home.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Praying for all requests brother. Thank you for letting us be a part of what God is doing.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 am

You and your family are in my prayers
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

rgcurrey
Usher
Usher

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Praying for your family and for a painless and quick move back to Alabama.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28