ATTN: Cargo short wearers

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21386
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Texas Bound

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by Thunktank » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:18 pm
“Jen Anderson, a 45-year-old freelance writer in Brooklyn, N.Y., said she used to tease her husband gently about his fashion choices, until he made a purchase that crossed the line: denim cargo shorts. That was “just too far,” she said.

Through what Ms. Anderson described as “strong mocking,” she convinced him to return the shorts. She said she doesn’t like the idea of being seen in public with her husband when he’s wearing cargo shorts, which make him look like “a misshapen lump.”

“It’s a reflection on me, like ‘How did she let him out the door like that?’ ” she said
She might have daddy issues or something.
Image

User avatar
rgcurrey
Elder
Elder
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:18 pm
“Jen Anderson, a 45-year-old freelance writer in Brooklyn, N.Y., said she used to tease her husband gently about his fashion choices, until he made a purchase that crossed the line: denim cargo shorts. That was “just too far,” she said.

Through what Ms. Anderson described as “strong mocking,” she convinced him to return the shorts. She said she doesn’t like the idea of being seen in public with her husband when he’s wearing cargo shorts, which make him look like “a misshapen lump.”

“It’s a reflection on me, like ‘How did she let him out the door like that?’ ” she said
She might have daddy issues or something.
Well her husband certainly has issues.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5277
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:18 pm
“Jen Anderson, a 45-year-old freelance writer in Brooklyn, N.Y., said she used to tease her husband gently about his fashion choices, until he made a purchase that crossed the line: denim cargo shorts. That was “just too far,” she said.

Through what Ms. Anderson described as “strong mocking,” she convinced him to return the shorts. She said she doesn’t like the idea of being seen in public with her husband when he’s wearing cargo shorts, which make him look like “a misshapen lump.”

“It’s a reflection on me, like ‘How did she let him out the door like that?’ ” she said
She might have daddy issues or something.
Well her husband certainly has issues.
But no more denim cargo shorts.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27892
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by coco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27892
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by coco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
Image
Hat with handy pocket made by Dorfman

Nothing says "cool" like "Dorfman."
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27892
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by coco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
Image
Hat with handy pocket made by Dorfman

Nothing says "cool" like "Dorfman."
JB is right. The shoes were hideous.
Image
Complete outfit. Yer welcome.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27892
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by coco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
Image
Hat with handy pocket made by Dorfman

Nothing says "cool" like "Dorfman."
JB is right. The shoes were hideous.
Image
Complete outfit. Yer welcome.
Oops. Almost forgot the cargo cob.
Image
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20391
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by Jocose » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
Image
Hat with handy pocket made by Dorfman

Nothing says "cool" like "Dorfman."
JB is right. The shoes were hideous.
Image
Complete outfit. Yer welcome.
Oops. Almost forgot the cargo cob.
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Theimpudent called. He said its "Epaulettes" not "Shoulder Straps"
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27892
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by coco » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 am

Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Two front pockets and six, large expandable pockets: check
Capri length: check
Strings for securing extra items: check
Those shoes are hideous.
Image
Clearly this is next-level. Not only do you have four generous pockets, you can attach additional items to the D-rings and shoulder straps.
Image
Hat with handy pocket made by Dorfman

Nothing says "cool" like "Dorfman."
JB is right. The shoes were hideous.
Image
Complete outfit. Yer welcome.
Oops. Almost forgot the cargo cob.
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Theimpudent called. He said its "Epaulettes" not "Shoulder Straps"
Or "a great place to clip my keys and my cellphone"
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5277
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 am

The new world . . .

Image
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Post Reply