Do I need a joint?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Re: Do I need a joint?

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hogleg wrote:[quote="DepartedLight"]Do I need a joint?
If legal, I'd probably smoke again. Always amazed me that we made a plant illegal.
Yes, this.
All kinds of plants are illegal. Besides invasive plants, here are just a few because of substance abuse: Salvia, khat, cannabis, coca, iboga, opium poppy, peyote, jimson weed, and psilocybin.
Bob, opium isn't illegal! You just have to have your doctor tell the government it's OK!
Opium poppy (the plant) is illegal to grow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_somniferum Of course, so is marijuana--even in Colorado and Washington.

Most opioids prescribed are synthetic, you know. That way their strength is better regulated.
Actually, the changes in the law in Colorado legalizing recreational marijuana sale and use also legalized the growing of recreational marijuana by commercial growers for sale and by individuals for personal use.
Actually, any marijuana is still illegal. The federal gov't is just not prosecuting it right now.
http://www.safeaccessnow.org/federal_marijuana_law
Precisely. I've also often wondered, but not to the point of looking it up, how the growers and the distributors can be banked without serious money laundering. Bob?
They can't. It's still a cash business but there are some groups trying to skirt that. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/busin ... banks.html A few small credit unions are setting up accounts but they still can't process electronic payments.
So they're sitting on huge stacks of cash. Daft.[/quote]

What do you say we take a road trip to inspect the security of them thar safes?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:[quote="hogleg"][quote="DepartedLight"]Do I need a joint?
If legal, I'd probably smoke again. Always amazed me that we made a plant illegal.
Yes, this.
All kinds of plants are illegal. Besides invasive plants, here are just a few because of substance abuse: Salvia, khat, cannabis, coca, iboga, opium poppy, peyote, jimson weed, and psilocybin.
Bob, opium isn't illegal! You just have to have your doctor tell the government it's OK!
Opium poppy (the plant) is illegal to grow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_somniferum Of course, so is marijuana--even in Colorado and Washington.

Most opioids prescribed are synthetic, you know. That way their strength is better regulated.
Actually, the changes in the law in Colorado legalizing recreational marijuana sale and use also legalized the growing of recreational marijuana by commercial growers for sale and by individuals for personal use.
Actually, any marijuana is still illegal. The federal gov't is just not prosecuting it right now.
http://www.safeaccessnow.org/federal_marijuana_law
Precisely. I've also often wondered, but not to the point of looking it up, how the growers and the distributors can be banked without serious money laundering. Bob?
They can't. It's still a cash business but there are some groups trying to skirt that. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/busin ... banks.html A few small credit unions are setting up accounts but they still can't process electronic payments.
So they're sitting on huge stacks of cash. Daft.[/quote]

What do you say we take a road trip to inspect the security of them thar safes?[/quote]

You first, brother. Something tells me they are guarded. I'm not saying I'm not behind you. I'm saying that I will, in fact, be behind you.

And stop picking on Bob. He might be occasionally a might pedantic and the poor fellow can't help the fact that he is a terrone, but the man is simply not a dullard. There's a mind there. Precision of language is important. Insult him properly, please.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:09 pm

UncleBob wrote:
hogleg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hogleg wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:Do I need a joint?
Yes, this.
There is much wrong with your supposition.

For just one example, as I type this, psilocybin (a compound and not a living organism) is naturally occurring/growing in mushrooms in cow pastures with no manipulation from any man. What are you proposing? The farmer/rancher be arrested? The cow be arrested?

The mushroom is not illegal. It is naturally occurring and GOD-made. Human possession of the mushrooms may be illegal in some parts, but the mushroom certainly isn't illegal. Still totally asinine, especially when you consider distilled spirits are encouraged as revenue generators.

As just one example, the notion that marijuana (or most any plant at this point) is beyond human manipulation. For fun, try Googling teosinte. Marijuana was God-made but none of that strain exists.

Now alcohol is legal because we legalized it. The mushroom is illegal because we made it illegal. If that farmer is caught with it he will get arrested. Peyote is illegal for most because we made it so. If you can't fathom that then no one can help you there. You can argue whether or no it should be legal but that doesn't make it legal, all of a sudden.
Again. those mushrooms ain't illegal. They're growing as we speak. Naturally.

It is their possession that is illegal. Still, the stupidity of many laws never ceases to amaze me.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:13 pm

hogleg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hogleg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hogleg wrote:
Yes, this.

For just one example, as I type this, psilocybin (a compound and not a living organism) is naturally occurring/growing in mushrooms in cow pastures with no manipulation from any man. What are you proposing? The farmer/rancher be arrested? The cow be arrested?

The mushroom is not illegal. It is naturally occurring and GOD-made. Human possession of the mushrooms may be illegal in some parts, but the mushroom certainly isn't illegal. Still totally asinine, especially when you consider distilled spirits are encouraged as revenue generators.

As just one example, the notion that marijuana (or most any plant at this point) is beyond human manipulation. For fun, try Googling teosinte. Marijuana was God-made but none of that strain exists.

Now alcohol is legal because we legalized it. The mushroom is illegal because we made it illegal. If that farmer is caught with it he will get arrested. Peyote is illegal for most because we made it so. If you can't fathom that then no one can help you there. You can argue whether or no it should be legal but that doesn't make it legal, all of a sudden.
Again. those mushrooms ain't illegal. They're growing as we speak. Naturally.

It is their possession that is illegal. Still, the stupidity of many laws never ceases to amaze me.
Now you know how we feel, brother.

You haven't lived until you've seen a man convicted for less than a thousandth of a gram of heroin left in his stamp bag. The poor bastard thought he was out of heroin, but the law disagrees.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:20 pm

UncleBob wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hogleg wrote:
Yes, this.

Stay away from these dudes...

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:34 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Fascinating, a piece in the Huffington Post by a Jewish religion professor of a completely Bullpucky study commissioned by "addictions.com".

Why don't these guys ever write about the percentages of yarmulke-wearers who have eaten pork today? Would the answer shock them?

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:50 pm
Fascinating, a piece in the Huffington Post by a Jewish religion professor of a completely Bullpucky study commissioned by "addictions.com".

Why don't these guys ever write about the percentages of yarmulke-wearers who have eaten pork today? Would the answer shock them?
:lol: :lol:

I don't recall starting this thread.

I also do not recall why I just walked into the kitchen and wandered around for 6 minutes hoping the extended time would jog my memory. It didn't. Oh well. Won't be the last time.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound