Mowing the <zederated> Lawn

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Re: Mowing the <zederated> Lawn

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:37 pm
I don't mind mowing the flat, rectangular part of the lawn. I don't like mowing the hills, curves, around stumps, trees, and rocks, and stuff like that. The kids remaining at home take care of the front yard. I take care of the back. The back has the worst hill, some stumps and rocks, some rough, some bushes, some fences, and other assorted challenges.

I really don't like weed-whacking. Tomorrow is weed-whacking day.
No change except that I'm not weed-whacking tomorrow. I'll probably have to weed-whack soon though.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:17 pm

I feel your pain. The time and energy it takes to write Alfredo a check every week is frustrating.

So frustrating.
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by tuttle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:31 am

My kids mowed the lawn the first time. My neighbor unexpectedly got bored and mowed it the other day.

I'm winning. :chili:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:31 am
My kids mowed the lawn the first time. My neighbor unexpectedly got bored and mowed it the other day.

I'm winning. :chili:
Put a small fence around the hops.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm

I broke down and bought a new weed trimmer. I still hate weed trimming.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed May 08, 2019 6:35 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm
I broke down and bought a new weed trimmer. I still hate weed trimming.
I'm with ya. Love to mow. Hate the rest.
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Ran the tractor yesterday out in the meadow, and mowed a bit for the first time in a few spots around the house.
Today it’s cold and raining/sleeting with a winter storm warning above 8000’.

Ah, springtime in the Rockies.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu May 09, 2019 3:12 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm
Ran the tractor yesterday out in the meadow, and mowed a bit for the first time in a few spots around the house.
Today it’s cold and raining/sleeting with a winter storm warning above 8000’.

Ah, springtime in the Rockies.
I had to mow, here, in January. 8O

I still need to go to Mesa Verde.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 pm

ONE WORD:

It's time to fire up the ol weed whacker again.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Post by Winton » Fri May 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Yesterday I paid my brother in law to fix my mower. It worked last year, but not this year. We have had LOTS of rain recently, so the backyard was almost a foot high. Now that the mower works again, I will keep it under control.

I offered to collect some of the grass, so he could fee it to his turtles. Apparently, he also has lots of grass.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm

I need to mow but it snowed yesterday and its raining today...maybe tomorrow
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:37 am

I love a well cared lawn and I once really enjoyed doing the work, but not anymore. The only real change I have made is I now mow it around Tuesday because it always seems to rain on the weekend, like this weekend. Also, I have bushes that never stop growing and constantly need to be cut back or they look like garbage. Also, this is the first year mowing the yard has given me problems...coughing, sneezing, etc.
Last edited by Kerdy on Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 am

Kerdy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:37 am
I love a well cared lawn and I once really enjoyed doing the work, but not anymore. The only real change I have made it I know mow it around Tuesday because it always seems to rain on the weekend, like this weekend. Also, I have bushes that never stop growing and constantly need to be cut back or they look like garbage. Also, this is the first year mowing the yard has given me problems...coughing, sneezing, etc.
:wavey:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate

Post by rgcurrey » Sat May 11, 2019 8:41 am

So conflicted . . . I don't buy into the whole climate change thing, but, maybe my mind is changing . . . Honey, I can't mow, I am to busy saving the world.

BBC - How weeds help fight climate change
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm

coco wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 am
Kerdy wrote:
I love a well cared lawn and I once really enjoyed doing the work, but not anymore. The only real change I have made it I know mow it around Tuesday because it always seems to rain on the weekend, like this weekend. Also, I have bushes that never stop growing and constantly need to be cut back or they look like garbage. Also, this is the first year mowing the yard has given me problems...coughing, sneezing, etc.
Hey there! I went back and made spelling corrections. I really should proof what I post.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Kerdy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm
coco wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
Hey there! I went back and made spelling corrections. I really should proof what I post.
Did Theimpudent text you?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 pm
Kerdy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm
coco wrote:
Kerdy wrote:
Did Theimpudent text you?
Who?