Pipe Clubs

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Pipe Clubs

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Tell me about your local pipe clubs, we are trying to get one off the ground in our town, looking for ideas, so far it’s been about 5 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Pipe Clubs

Post by JimVH » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Zip, zilch, nada. I would truly enjoy having a pipe club to get involved with, but the closest we have is a local tobacconist's member's lounge for which you have to pay for access. I just want to get together with some buds now and then and talk pipes and smoke.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 pm

We've got even less than Jim. We're fresh out of local tobacconists (unless you count smoke shops that specialize in cigarettes, vaping supplies, and glass pipes that are only useful for the products that come from the other sort of smoke shop).
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 am

Wow, I feel blessed.

North Texas Briar Club meets once a month at a cigar lounge in Denton (Cigar Frogs). Fourth Tuesday at 7.
It's pretty informal. The club leader is a pipe maker and he keeps the thing going with his connections and dedication. Mostly it's like what Jim says he wants. Bunch of pipe smoking guys hang out for a couple hours, drink beer, admire each other's pipes, smoke, share tobacco, talk smack, etc. Occasionally we have a raffle for tobacco and other goodies. Currently arranging for a club pipe of the year. Good times.

There's another pipe club in Fort Worth, but I haven't been to it yet.
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am

We had the Denver Pipe League...Had being the main word there...They met once a month and had a Christian base with the two founding members (brothers) being Missionary Kids. But last year the B&M/bar where we met was closed down and the League just faded away.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 am

I and two friends have just (two weeks ago) formed the Pensacola Po' Boys Pipe Club. We are having another meeting this Saturday while we get ready to put the word out at the local Cigar Store in an attempt to get others to join. The cigar store carries a couple of pipes and some 4th Gen tins but it has a couple of rooms for us to meet in. Most likely it will just be the tree of us for a while, but, it will be fun.

Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm
Zip, zilch, nada. I would truly enjoy having a pipe club to get involved with... I just want to get together with some buds now and then and talk pipes and smoke.
Ditto.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Post by Winton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:08 am

My pipe club has between 100-200 members on the mailing list, but only about 30 show up at the meetings. The next meeting is on July 21. The directions to 8 to 8 Cigar are on this site.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/events/

The September meeting will be on my wife's birthday. My loving bride has already agreed that I can go.