The Dark Shark Cigar

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

The Dark Shark Cigar

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 am

I ordered a bundle of these the last time I saw 20% sale at P&C. They got to me yesterday and I had 2 last night. So this is the first time in my life that I have had more than 4 or 5 cigars on the shelf at one time. The first one I used a cutter and decided that from that point on I would use a punch as they are not wrapped as robustly as more expensive sticks and the wrapper was coming un-wrapped by the 1/2 way mark.

The first 1/3 of the smoke was just OK, not a lot of flavor and the smoke was thin...then it started to pick up and the flavors got better and stronger. By 2/3 I was really enjoying it with good cedar cigar flavor. The last 1/3 of the smoke you really start to get a peppery finish in that good spicy way. All in all a decent smoke. I compare it to the Chillin Moose 2, with the Moose being better from the beginning and the Shark catching up after that first 1/3 is smoked. The Moose is a more robust roll so it holds together throughout the smoke where the Shark needs some careful handling or the wrapper starts to come undone.

For $1.38 per stick shipped to my door, the Shark is the price point winner and it is certainly the best value I have seen so far.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Re: The Dark Shark Cigar

Post by JMG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 am
I ordered a bundle of these the last time I saw 20% sale at P&C. They got to me yesterday and I had 2 last night. So this is the first time in my life that I have had more than 4 or 5 cigars on the shelf at one time. The first one I used a cutter and decided that from that point on I would use a punch as they are not wrapped as robustly as more expensive sticks and the wrapper was coming un-wrapped by the 1/2 way mark.

The first 1/3 of the smoke was just OK, not a lot of flavor and the smoke was thin...then it started to pick up and the flavors got better and stronger. By 2/3 I was really enjoying it with good cedar cigar flavor. The last 1/3 of the smoke you really start to get a peppery finish in that good spicy way. All in all a decent smoke. I compare it to the Chillin Moose 2, with the Moose being better from the beginning and the Shark catching up after that first 1/3 is smoked. The Moose is a more robust roll so it holds together throughout the smoke where the Shark needs some careful handling or the wrapper starts to come undone.

For $1.38 per stick shipped to my door, the Shark is the price point winner and it is certainly the best value I have seen so far.
Try the Fighting Cock next for a very cheap stick. I got a box VERY cheap on the name your own price once. They are already cheap, but I got them for next to nothing on that. They needed a week or two in the humidor, but after that for a barely more than a dollar a stick they were really great. Not comparable to an Ashton, Fuente or higher end stuff mind you, but I don't think they can be beat for what they cost.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

JMG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 am

Try the Fighting Cock next for a very cheap stick. I got a box VERY cheap on the name your own price once. They are already cheap, but I got them for next to nothing on that. They needed a week or two in the humidor, but after that for a barely more than a dollar a stick they were really great. Not comparable to an Ashton, Fuente or higher end stuff mind you, but I don't think they can be beat for what they cost.
I will give it a try...Prior to this I was pleased to spend $3 or so...and some of those were not smokable due to bad roll or just BAD...
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 pm

All I know is that I have to sit outside on the porch and enjoy a Chillin’ Moose.

Now.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Del wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 pm
All I know is that I have to sit outside on the porch and enjoy a Chillin’ Moose.

Now.
I can see it now...kilt and all
Scott ( aka - Thor )

AKPreacher
Congregation
Congregation

Post by AKPreacher » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Hey if you are looking for cheap but good quality then go to cigarpage and check out Flores y Rodriguez Cabinet sellections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk