Blending Pipe Tobacco

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
BrenchStevens
Congregation
Congregation

Blending Pipe Tobacco

Post by BrenchStevens » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 am

On the subject of blending pipe tobacco, why is there not a page devoted to it? I would think recipes for extinct tobacco blends would exist out there. Anyway, I've heard great things about Presbyterian Mixture, but the price is a bit prohibitive and apparently it's not always easy to find. Has anyone come up with a recipe that recreates this blend?

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Blending Pipe Tobacco

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 pm

P&C has a "Match Blend" for Presbyterian Mixture...I don't think its much of a match, but its an OK smoke. There a re a few of us who blend, but I don't see a lot of attempts to re-create the blend of old, just making some stuff better or different. If you in your searches find blending recipies, feel free to share them we are all interested.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

BrenchStevens
Congregation
Congregation

Post by BrenchStevens » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm

With the new FDA regulations, blending and bartering may be our only options in the future.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 pm
P&C has a "Match Blend" for Presbyterian Mixture...I don't think its much of a match, but its an OK smoke. There a re a few of us who blend, but I don't see a lot of attempts to re-create the blend of old, just making some stuff better or different. If you in your searches find blending recipies, feel free to share them we are all interested.
I have a 30-year-old tin of Presbyterian Mixture a CPS friend gave me and the painted tin is so pretty and it's in factory fresh condition. I refuse to open it.

Here's some Pipes & Cigars.com MATCH Presbyterian and if one buys a pound, it's only $1.59 an ounce. 8O Read the reviews....

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/match- ... /#p-195145
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

BrenchStevens
Congregation
Congregation

Post by BrenchStevens » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:08 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:19 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 pm
I have a 30-year-old tin of Presbyterian Mixture a CPS friend gave me and the painted tin is so pretty and it's in factory fresh condition. I refuse to open it.

Here's some Pipes & Cigars.com MATCH Presbyterian and if one buys a pound, it's only $1.59 an ounce. 8O Read the reviews....

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/match- ... /#p-195145
The problem is that it's always backordered. Has been since winter.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Check the library section here. There was some good stuff I believe

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty