CPS mass group buy?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

CPS mass group buy?

Post by peter cornbriar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:52 pm

For your review:

Given the FDA and their "we know what's best for you,wankers", attitudes toward tobacco,has the idea been brought up for CPS members to pool their resources and consider buying out the blends,(most popular), among members AND that are definitely disappearing? < OK, no aros >
As in, let's buy 100 tins of X, or 20 pounds of Y brand?
I'm serious ,CPS becomes the big time buyer for disappearing brands.

Yes, I can think of a thousand ways to make this pipe dream go away- but,but,butt ... and,and,you see... yadda,yadda,yadda -> und their goes another blend down the FDA toilet.

To show I'm serious I'll put up $500 U.S.Dollars, no $1000 U.S.Dollars to make that first buy happen.
I can put in a little spare change; someone,(or some people) will have to do the logistical leg work,someone or persons will have to be the buyer(s), some will have to warehouse, and so on. I'm thinking selling what is purchased at cost,plus shipping. Oh no,sounds like the makings of a business :signofcross:

Now would be a good time to volunteer your/our skills for such a thing to happen. Or we can just fondly look back at the lost blends while we kick ourselves in the ass.

Show me how this will work with honor and parity, (OK CPS JDs and Esquires, time to shine!), and the 100 C-notes could become seed money to save what's left of the endangered blends.

P.M. me if you think I'm full of fecal matter.

Peter
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

peter cornbriar

Re: CPS mass group buy?

Post by peter cornbriar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:23 am

peter cornbriar wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:52 pm
For your review:

Given the FDA and their "we know what's best for you,wankers", attitudes toward tobacco,has the idea been brought up for CPS members to pool their resources and consider buying out the blends,(most popular), among members AND that are definitely disappearing? < OK, no aros >
As in, let's buy 100 tins of X, or 20 pounds of Y brand?
I'm serious ,CPS becomes the big time buyer for disappearing brands.

Yes, I can think of a thousand ways to make this pipe dream go away- but,but,butt ... and,and,you see... yadda,yadda,yadda -> und their goes another blend down the FDA toilet.

To show I'm serious I'll put up $500 U.S.Dollars, no $1000 U.S.Dollars to make that first buy happen.
I can put in a little spare change; someone,(or some people) will have to do the logistical leg work,someone or persons will have to be the buyer(s), some will have to warehouse, and so on. I'm thinking selling what is purchased at cost,plus shipping. Oh no,sounds like the makings of a business :signofcross:

Now would be a good time to volunteer your/our skills for such a thing to happen. Or we can just fondly look back at the lost blends while we kick ourselves in the ass.

Show me how this will work with honor and parity, (OK CPS JDs and Esquires, time to shine!), and the 100 C-notes could become seed money to save what's left of the endangered blends.

P.M. me if you think I'm full of fecal matter.

Peter
Did I say 100 C-notes? I meant 10 C-notes, but judging with what response this thread has,I doubt many saw the typo.
I suppose the tobacco prophets, proven correct, have already stored up their favorite blends before their favorite blends got killed by FDA.
That's big government for 'ya.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 am

Even if this was feasible, it's about a year or two too late to attract my interest. McClelland is gone, just for starters. Not to mention that my cellar is stocked up bigger than it really needs to be already, from buying so-called doomed blends over the past year or so.

And besides, I don't know you. And what if this is really a scam? You see? When you get to be my age, your faith in man diminishes a bit. But, regardless, I wish you the very best in your endeavors.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 am

I already stocked up on more tobacco than I can smoke during the previous scares.

I don't think we need to organize ourselves in order to buy too much tobacco. TAD happens.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 am

Its a good idea and a generous offer of $$ but like S&S and Del, I have stocked up more than I can use in my lifetime. I would also wonder about the issues legal, regulatory and others, with opening up a club tobacco store. I also know that deciding the shape for the pipe of the year is a process...what would the discussion surrounding the list of tobaccos to buy look like?
Last edited by Bloodhound on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

peter cornbriar

Post by peter cornbriar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Woowww, looks like some serious CPS members have already stocked up for the Tabakocalypse! I would think much more than the three that commented here have stored up vast quantities of Tabak up in their cellars/mancaves/bunkers, proly enouph to open their own shops :lol:

Note to self: Do NOT disappear from Forums whose main topic concerns Big Government taking what is good,legal and fun, and regulating such to death.
Squirt gun Forums: My name is Peter,glad to be here,what's up?

Barring the 55cents/ounce baccy penalty, I'm glad to live in Penn's Woods and feel for Marylanders, DCites, New Yorkers, etc.Come to Penn's Woods,where the state budget often gets approved when the next one is due...

Can't help but thinking a black market for baccy will spring up like PA pols springing up for more taxes.

peter cornbriar

Post by peter cornbriar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 am
Even if this was feasible, it's about a year or two too late to attract my interest. McClelland is gone, just for starters. Not to mention that my cellar is stocked up bigger than it really needs to be already, from buying so-called doomed blends over the past year or so.

And besides, I don't know you. And what if this is really a scam? You see? When you get to be my age, your faith in man diminishes a bit. But, regardless, I wish you the very best in your endeavors.
I could take offense about your comment that what I posted might really be a scam.
I am real,just ask John Boy,Thunktank, and CWSpook.They and a couple other guys all met me - John Boy twice.
I don't know you either and shame on you for having faith in man.

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 pm

peter cornbriar wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm
sweetandsour wrote:

I could take offense about your comment that what I posted might really be a scam.
I am real,just ask John Boy,Thunktank, and CWSpook.They and a couple other guys all met me - John Boy twice.
I also met Peter.

Its not you per se but in the past there have been guys in the past that would pop up take advantage of the generosity of the brethren here and disappeared.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:47 pm

peter cornbriar wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

You're the third person on here in less than two weeks to take offense to something I very innocently said. Maybe I best go down to a town, get outta these mountains.

Like I said before, I wish you the very best in your endeavors.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm

How much is shipping?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Jocosoe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Jocosoe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm

I can't relate™.
..prepare to be ostracized-TNLP

"I say, Wos: are ypou available for cabaret or kids' parties?" - huddsbaggie

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:03 pm

peter cornbriar wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

I hope you don't take offense. I sure nothing personal was intended. But you were talking $500 then $1000. This is pretty big money to most of us. It would take King Solomon to manage this fairly.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 pm

peter cornbriar wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

I've met S&S.

He is a scam.

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Del

Post by Del » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:03 pm
peter cornbriar wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

I hope you don't take offense. I sure nothing personal was intended. But you were talking $500 then $1000. This is pretty big money to most of us. It would take King Solomon to manage this fairly.
It was a nifty idea.... maybe not a practical one to pursue, but still a pretty nifty idea.

Keep on brainstorming. Breathe new life into this stodgy old corner of the Internet!

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm

I would question anyone using JB as a reference. I'm just sayin.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

Steve S
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Steve S » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Question: Do you have to be Roman Catholic to participate in a mass buy? :wink: :wink:

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm
I would question anyone using JB as a reference. I'm just sayin.
:baghead:
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 am

Steve S wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 pm
Question: Do you have to be Roman Catholic to participate in a mass buy? :wink: :wink:
High church Anglicans and Lutherans are accepted. The Orthodox are boycotting because they rather it called liturgy buy. :D
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am

Thoth wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 am
Steve S wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 pm
High church Anglicans and Lutherans are accepted. The Orthodox are boycotting because they rather it called liturgy buy. :D
The Baptist are discussing it over a covered dish meal on the grounds and nobody can understand what the Pentecostals are saying. :P
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am

Please “indulge” me.

“Mass purchases” were the reason for the Reformation.

If you want to participate, tack your order form to the church door (95 item limit) and we’ll still be arguing about this in 500 years.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year