Baby Boomer needs step by step instructions...

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

Baby Boomer needs step by step instructions...

Post by peter cornbriar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:25 am

Morning all!

This technologically impaired boomer is in search of a kindly soul to teach me, step by step, on exactly how to down load a pic/data/photo from the'net and upload pic into a post.You know, a picture tells a thousand stories...
Must be in plain english, and I must be able to print the instructions off for future reference ! I cannot pay more than a complement and a hug.
How 'bout it Joe, John Boy, or any others?
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Baby Boomer needs step by step instructions...

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:23 am

peter cornbriar wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:25 am
Morning all!

This technologically impaired boomer is in search of a kindly soul to teach me, step by step, on exactly how to down load a pic/data/photo from the'net and upload pic into a post.You know, a picture tells a thousand stories...
Must be in plain english, and I must be able to print the instructions off for future reference ! I cannot pay more than a complement and a hug.
Right mouse click on the image you find on the Web and a drop-down menu should appear
Left click "Copy image location"
Go back to the thread you want to post the pic in
left click the little icon in the taskbar that looks like a mountain with a sun over it
Right click and select "paste."
Wala! You have done it!
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:38 am

Step 1: Create an Imgur account

Step 2: Download a picture from the Internet
Right-click on the picture you wish to post and click "Save As..."
Give it an appropriate name (in this case: "Jocose") and save it where you can find it later (in this case: "Desktop")

Step 3: Upload your picture to Imgur
In the upper left-hand corner of your browser, click "New Post"

You will then see the following

You can click on your picture on the desktop and drag it into the Imgur uploader

OR you can browse for your picture using your file manager

Either way, your picture will be uploaded to Imgur and will be ready to use

When it is uploaded, you will see some options at the upper right of your picture. Click on "Get share links."

Then click on "BB Code (Forums)" in the lower left
This will copy the proper stuff to your clipboard for use in forums such as CPS

Step 4: Use your picture in a post
Right click in your post and then click "paste." Your image with the proper image codes will automagically be added to your post. Then just hit "Submit" and yer done.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:23 am
peter cornbriar wrote:
Morning all!

Right mouse click on the image you find on the Web and a drop-down menu should appear
left click the little icon in the taskbar that looks like a mountain with a sun over it
Wala! You have done it!
Please note that this method does not always work, and will definitely not work if the host website removes the image.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:44 am

coco wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 am
Goose55 wrote:
peter cornbriar wrote:
Morning all!

Wala! You have done it!
Please note that this method does not always work, and will definitely not work if the host website removes the image.
I was only wishing to give Peter the simplest, quickest & most immediate way to achieve his purpose w/o Imgur.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:44 am
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
peter cornbriar wrote:
Morning all!

Wala! You have done it!
I was only wishing to give Peter the quickest most immediate way to achieve his purpose w/o Imgur.
In your defense, it works most of the time.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:53 pm

coco wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 am
Goose55 wrote:
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
peter cornbriar wrote:
Morning all!

Wala! You have done it!
I was only wishing to give Peter the quickest most immediate way to achieve his purpose w/o Imgur.
But it's a rude thing to do. When we post an 'image' on CPS we don't really post the picture. We post a link to someplace on the internet where that picture is stored. The CPS server does not store those images unless you pay for a Gold Club membership. Every time someone here loads the post with the picture link, the internet machine has to go to that other website, copy the image, then bring it back here to display on your screen. We're a small forum, but still, it's rude to use someone else's bandwidth to store our pictures.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 pm

FredS wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:53 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 am
Goose55 wrote:
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
peter cornbriar wrote:
Morning all!

Wala! You have done it!
But it's a rude thing to do. When we post an 'image' on CPS we don't really post the picture. We post a link to someplace on the internet where that picture is stored. The CPS server does not store those images unless you pay for a Gold Club membership. Every time someone here loads the post with the picture link, the internet machine has to go to that other website, copy the image, then bring it back here to display on your screen. We're a small forum, but still, it's rude to use someone else's bandwidth to store our pictures.
Perhaps you could pay for everyone here to have this “Gold Card” membership you speak of. I’m in.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Perhaps you could pay for everyone here to have this “Gold Card” membership you speak of. I’m in.
The committee said no can do.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

peter cornbriar

Post by peter cornbriar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 am

coco wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:38 am
Step 1: Create an Imgur account

Step 2: Download a picture from the Internet
Right-click on the picture you wish to post and click "Save As..."
Give it an appropriate name (in this case: "Jocose") and save it where you can find it later (in this case: "Desktop")

Step 3: Upload your picture to Imgur
In the upper left-hand corner of your browser, click "New Post"

You will then see the following

You can click on your picture on the desktop and drag it into the Imgur uploader

OR you can browse for your picture using your file manager

Either way, your picture will be uploaded to Imgur and will be ready to use

When it is uploaded, you will see some options at the upper right of your picture. Click on "Get share links."

Then click on "BB Code (Forums)" in the lower left
This will copy the proper stuff to your clipboard for use in forums such as CPS

Step 4: Use your picture in a post
Right click in your post and then click "paste." Your image with the proper image codes will automagically be added to your post. Then just hit "Submit" and yer done.

Now this corn boomer needs to know how to upload a photo taken on dig.camera into a CPS post. :?:
Please help this neophyte.
Thank you.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:39 am

Picasa is a free, easy to use editing tool you can download. Once downloaded you can just slip your camera's card into your PC and select which photos you want to save to your desktop. Then upload to Imgur and post pics in CPS from there. Sounds tedious I know but once you do it once or twice its a breeze.

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:57 am

peter cornbriar wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 am
Now this corn boomer needs to know how to upload a photo taken on dig.camera into a CPS post. :?:
Thank you.
By 'digital camera' do you mean a real camera or a cell phone? If it's a camera, you'll need a physical connection between it and your computer.

Do you have a cable for the camera? Maybe a USB charging cable?
OR
Does your computer have a slot for the same type of memory card your camera uses?

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:41 am

peter cornbriar wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 am
Thank you.
Picasa is a free, easy to use editing tool you can download. Once downloaded you can just slip your camera's card into your PC and select which photos you want to save to your desktop.

This all sounds tedious & complicated I know, but once you do it once or twice its a breeze.

After downloading Picasa, insert your camera's card into your PC and the card file should open automatically.
Left mouse click on the photo you want and when it opens, right mouse click on the photo.
A small window will open. Select "edit in Picassa" Picassa will open with your picture(s)
In Picassa you can do a lot of things, which you can explore later. For now just go to the top left corner and left click "file."
A small drop-down window opens and in there left click "save as."
Yet another window will open. Left click "Desktop." and then click on "save as" and then left click "Desktop."
Then at the bottom of this window type in whatever you call the picture. Name your picture whatever you want and left click "save" at the bottom right corner. Your pic is now on your desktop

Now, open a new tab and go to Imgur. If you haven't yet created a free account, do so.
Once you are in your imgur account, in the top left corner click "New Post" and a window will open. Left Click "Browse."
A window will open with the contents of your Desktop. Left click that photo you just saved to the desktop.
When the image is uploaded and appears in Imgur, right mouse click on the pic and select "copy image location."

Now, go to the thread in CPS you want that pic to appear in.
Find the icon in the top taskbar that looks like a mountain with the sun over it and left click that.
Once you've left-clicked this will appear: [ img ] [ /img ] and your cursor will be blinking in the middle of it.
Once that appears, right mouse click anywhere in the post and a small window will open. Select "paste." That does it.
Enter any text you want and when you click "submit" & your picture will appear in your post.

If you can, copy and paste the above instructions in whatever doc writer program you use and edit the above and print it out so you can follow it

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Goose, you don't need Picasa or any other type of add on program to move an image from your camera to your computer or from your computer to the internet.

Coco's post explains how to copy an image from your computer to the internet, now it seems Peter needs to know how to copy/move a picture from his camera to his computer. He needs to get his camera or it's memory card physically connected to his computer. That's assuming that he has his camera set to save images on the card rather than in it's built in memory. It probably is so we can forget about that setting for now.

Peter - Is your 'camera' a camera or a cell phone? Does your computer have a slot to accept the specific memory card from your camera? Do you have a USB cable that plugs in to your camera?

The truth of the matter is that once you connect your camera to your computer you don't even need to copy the pictures to your computer. Your camera (or it's memory card) effectively becomes just another folder on your computer and - once you find that folder - you can copy files directly from there to the internet picture hosting service you choose.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:31 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 pm
The truth of the matter is that once you connect your camera to your computer you don't even need to copy the pictures to your computer. Your camera (or it's memory card) effectively becomes just another folder on your computer and - once you find that folder - you can copy files directly from there to the internet picture hosting service you choose.
That's right and whole lot simpler. I just use Picassa because it's so much simpler than Adobe Photoshop for editing images. But Peter may not wish to edit images.

So, Peter, to eliminate having Picassa,....

Open a new tab and go to Imgur. If you haven't yet created a free account, do so.
Once you are in your imgur account, in the top left corner click "New Post" and a window will open. Left Click "Browse."
A window will open with the contents of your computer. Left click "This PC" or "My PC"
Now, as you are viewing the above window, insert your camera's card in the drive port, or insert the cable with your card in the port
You should have seen a new file appear in that window right afterward insertion. There is where your picture(s) are. Double left click on that icon.
Another window opens. It may likely include a file called "DCIM." Double left click on that and the card will open showing your pictures.
If all you see are a list of icons, right mouse click anywhere in there and a small drop-down window will appear.
Highlight "View" and then "Extra large icons." Your pictures should now be visible.
Double left click over the pic you want to post and Imgur should then automatically upload it.

When the image is uploaded and appears in Imgur, right mouse click on the pic and select "copy image location."

Now, go to the thread in CPS you want that pic to appear in.
Find the icon in the top taskbar that looks like a mountain with the sun over it and left click that.
Once you've left-clicked this will appear: [ img ] [ /img ] and your cursor will be blinking in the middle of it.
Once that appears, right mouse click anywhere in the post and a small window will open. Select "paste." That does it.
Enter any text you want and when you click "submit" & your picture will appear in your post.

Fred, feel free to correct and amend any errors I may have made

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 pm

check in with coco
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:20 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:31 pm
Dammit Goose. It's no fun to correct people after they've invited you to do so.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:20 am
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:31 pm
Dammit Goose. It's no fun to correct people after they've invited you to do so.
TheImpudent called, he said that "Theimpudent is watching"
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS