What is a Bot?

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

What is a Bot?

Post by peter cornbriar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 am

What's a "Bot" and how does it relate to who is online?
Is a Bot a bad thing?
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Re: What is a Bot?

Post by Winton » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 am

Bot is computer slang for robot. It appears to be a person, but is really only program that collects or sends pre-programmed messages out. Basically everything that is in your spam e-mail box.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:11 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:46 pm

The bots you generally see listed under 'who's online' here at CPS are from search engines. Bing and Google being the most active here. They read and catalog our posts so they can be retrieved and shown to people who use those search engines. You may think we're only a group of 50 or so guys hidden in a corner of the internet, but really, the things we post can be seen by anyone. They're watching you.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe