Babies part II

Where two or more are gathered....
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Re: Babies part II

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:14 am

So, let me get this straight. Besides your parents, the only people you've shared this news with is a group of people on the internet you've never actually met?

Yep. That sounds like a CPS thing.

Thanks for sharing with us.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm

FredS wrote:So, let me get this straight. Besides your parents, the only people you've shared this news with is a group of people on the internet you've never actually met?

Yep. That sounds like a CPS thing.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Haha yep. You guys have always been there Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Living through this currently, though my oldest turned 2 a few days before spawn number two arrived. Basically you need to play man to man defense or as my wife says divide and conquer. Each of you takes care of a kid.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Thoth wrote:Living through this currently, though my oldest turned 2 a few days before spawn number two arrived. Basically you need to play man to man defense or as my wife says divide and conquer. Each of you takes care of a kid.
When do I go to the garage to make stuff?

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:31 pm
Thoth wrote:Living through this currently, though my oldest turned 2 a few days before spawn number two arrived. Basically you need to play man to man defense or as my wife says divide and conquer. Each of you takes care of a kid.

In the couple of hours between when both children go to sleep but before the one wakes up crying to be fed/nursed and wakes the other child .

(God help you if you ever need to be with both children alone for any great length of time (on the flipside do not leave your wife with both kids alone for any long period of time unless you have a deathwish)
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Thoth wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 pm
ReverendThom wrote:

In the couple of hours between when both children go to sleep but before the one wakes up crying to be fed/nursed and wakes the other child .

(God help you if you ever need to be with both children alone for any great length of time (on the flipside do not leave your wife with both kids alone for any long period of time unless you have a deathwish)
Pre-ambulatory children make great (albeit small) improvised sawhorses. As they become ambulatory, they're good at fetching power tools, chisels, replacement saw blades, etc.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 am

Thoth wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:

So true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

Sledin
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sledin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:37 pm

When I hear you on the radio in the mornings I'm praying for you guys

Unkinjoe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Unkinjoe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Congrats,
That said, no one here will tell you but I will, dealing with 2 is exponentially harder than 1. SO when traveling plan on getting ready about an hour earlier than you actually need to leave, you'll still be late, just not as bad.
HAHA Have fun.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:54 am

Sledin wrote:When I hear you on the radio in the mornings I'm praying for you guysImage

Thanks! :) Keep it a secret for now lol

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Unkinjoe wrote:Congrats,
That said, no one here will tell you but I will, dealing with 2 is exponentially harder than 1. SO when traveling plan on getting ready about an hour earlier than you actually need to leave, you'll still be late, just not as bad.
HAHA Have fun.
A 6 hour ride too Minnesota turned into an 8.5 hour one yesterday. Two should make it very interesting :/

Unkinjoe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Unkinjoe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:54 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:31 pm
HAHA Have fun.
A 6 hour ride too Minnesota turned into an 8.5 hour one yesterday. Two should make it very interesting :/

HAHA two makes EVERYTHING interesting. Patience is a virtue. :egor:

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:52 pm

FWIW, sleep is highly over rated. :zzz:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Sledin
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sledin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

I found #one was the big adjustment, #2 was just an ad on, #3 was learning to let go and #4 we were already out of control already!

(My wife surprised me with a surgical consult right after #4 was born, so my experience ends there)

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 am

Hovannes wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:52 pm
FWIW, sleep is highly over rated. :zzz:
I go to work to sleep

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:31 pm
HAHA Have fun.

Getting out an hour early... Bless you. We try and yet still end up an hour or more late to church on sundays.