I need some really good news.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

I need some really good news.

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Anyone have any? (Biblical "Good News" aside. As well as the Cps birth and expecting announcements.).
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23450
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Hovannes » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I happen to be married to an extraordinary lady.
That's got to qualify as good news.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15583
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by gaining_age » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:08 pm

I had thought my old calculator was dead. I messed with it a lot and punched on it, etc. That was like a month ago. This evening I was looking for batteries and tried the ones that had been in the calculator-- they didn't work in the device I tried. Hmmmmm.....

I grabbed some other batteries that did work in the device (headphones) and then tried them in the calculator. It's back to working!

It's one of these:

Image

They're not around much anymore-- so I am very happy to see it working.

Note: I do have virtual versions running on my PC, my mac and my phone. But having the original working makes me smile :)
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15583
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by gaining_age » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:09 pm

I have some extended time off. I'm very happy-- my brain doesn't believe it yet.

Part of the time off my wife and I will head out for a honeymoon. We've held off to save up for it (and for the time off) -- it's now upon us. We're excited since it's been almost 2 years since the wedding.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Cleon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:08 pm
I had thought my old calculator was dead. I messed with it a lot and punched on it, etc. That was like a month ago. This evening I was looking for batteries and tried the ones that had been in the calculator-- they didn't work in the device I tried. Hmmmmm.....

I grabbed some other batteries that did work in the device (headphones) and then tried them in the calculator. It's back to working!

It's one of these:

Image

They're not around much anymore-- so I am very happy to see it working.

Note: I do have virtual versions running on my PC, my mac and my phone. But having the original working makes me smile :)
Noice. I have a 48GX too. I've also got an old 32sII that I loooove. RPN all the way baby!!!
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3542
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Fainn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm

I farted and it wasn't a shart :bacon:
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13081
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Columbo is on tonight.

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Last I checked, there was still air to breathe and water to drink.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27106
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:53 pm

My cousins that live up near ID say the storm is rainy but the winds are not insane. And they have not lost power.
Last edited by DepartedLight on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27106
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm having the drainage in my back yard addressed. They started a few weeks before the hurricane. Working far better than expected.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3403
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm

sweetandsour wrote:Anyone have any? (Biblical "Good News" aside. As well as the Cps birth and expecting announcements.).
You don't like my babies???

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm
sweetandsour wrote:Anyone have any? (Biblical "Good News" aside. As well as the Cps birth and expecting announcements.).
You don't like my babies???

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Of course i do, I love babies. Sorry, I was excluding the obvious I guess.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7356
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm
sweetandsour wrote:Anyone have any? (Biblical "Good News" aside. As well as the Cps birth and expecting announcements.).
You don't like my babies???

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Of course i do, I love babies. Sorry, I was excluding the obvious I guess.
Tim

I hope you found your good news. The Broncos beat the Raiders...not earth shattering but it was a nice plus for a day when I should have been bird hunting, but couldn't.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Unkinjoe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:46 am

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Unkinjoe » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm

I have grandbaby 3 on the way in about 20 weeks and maybe #4 I'll find that out tomorrow

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21500
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by JimVH » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:34 pm

HockeyBoyVH called an audible at the last minute and decided to play his senior year after all. They start playing this week.

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11484
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Gabriel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I’ll be done paying for my daughter’s braces this month.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5627
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Cleon wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:08 pm
I had thought my old calculator was dead. I messed with it a lot and punched on it, etc. That was like a month ago. This evening I was looking for batteries and tried the ones that had been in the calculator-- they didn't work in the device I tried. Hmmmmm.....

I grabbed some other batteries that did work in the device (headphones) and then tried them in the calculator. It's back to working!

It's one of these:

Image

They're not around much anymore-- so I am very happy to see it working.

Note: I do have virtual versions running on my PC, my mac and my phone. But having the original working makes me smile :)
Noice. I have a 48GX too. I've also got an old 32sII that I loooove. RPN all the way baby!!!
Yup.
Me too.
32SII, still works perfectly.

As far as good news goes, we’ve got a new puppy, students keep coming out to the house for tea with me and Mrs, DP, and damn near every day I hear from a former student - sometimes with news that they're getting married, having a baby ...

Heck, just sitting on the porch with Mrs. DP, our pup and a pipe is about as wonderful as it can possibly get.

A lot of good in the world, S&S.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Winton » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:00 am

My wife is OK with me going to my pipe club meeting this Saturday night.

It is also her birthday!

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 12812
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by tuttle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am

Winton wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:00 am
My wife is OK with me going to my pipe club meeting this Saturday night.

It is also her birthday!
Sounds like a setup to me...
"Do mo betta." -FredS

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1299
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: I need some really good news.

Post by Jester » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am
Winton wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:00 am
My wife is OK with me going to my pipe club meeting this Saturday night.

It is also her birthday!
Sounds like a setup to me...
Image
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Post Reply