Esoterica Pembroke 2oz in stock NOW

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Adam Z
Usher
Usher

Esoterica Pembroke 2oz in stock NOW

Post by Adam Z » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

FYI: I just got an alert that SmokingPipes has Pembroke in stock. Limit 1 per person, per day.

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Re: Esoterica Pembroke 2oz in stock NOW

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I will debate about it just long enough to let them sell out.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:24 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm
I will debate about it just long enough to let them sell out.
That's my plan.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Adam Z
Usher
Usher

Post by Adam Z » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Well, they're out of Pembroke, but now they're showing Dunbar and Margate 2oz tins. Balkan Sobrani is in stock too.

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm
Well, they're out of Pembroke, but now they're showing Dunbar and Margate 2oz tins. Balkan Sobrani is in stock too.

This sucks. I broke down and blew my tobacco allowance on a tin of Pembroke as I wanted to try their english blends, really I wanted to try Margate, but thought this was as close as I would get. Should have waited and according to the call I just made it is too late to change my order.

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

Adam Z
Usher
Usher

Post by Adam Z » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm

This sucks. I broke down and blew my tobacco allowance on a tin of Pembroke as I wanted to try their english blends, really I wanted to try Margate, but thought this was as close as I would get. Should have waited and according to the call I just made it is too late to change my order.
FWIW, my local tobacconist says that he thinks that Pembroke is the exact same thing as Margate, but just with the cognac topping added to it. I haven't smoked Pembroke, but I just opened a tin of Margate 3 days ago. After smoking a single bowl of it I can say that it is indeed my favorite english. I've had and enjoyed Frog Morton, Frog Morton's Cellar, Dunhill MM965, Nightcap, and Presbyterian - all good englishes, but Margate takes the cake.

Like you, I tried to call and add a tin of Margate to my Pembroke order that shows as processed, but not yet shipped. They wouldn't do it. I decided I wasn't going to spend another +$20 (after shipping) for a single tin. IDC if it is Esoterica. There's always some kind of special/limited release of something to get excited about every month or two. I blew my wad on 5 tins of Carolina Red Cake the day that SmokingPipes announced it - and that was less than a month ago.

Besides - I figure that if I go ahead and overspend on tobacco now, in a week I'll get an email telling me that one of my beloved Gawith Hoggarth blends is in stock for the first time in months - then where would I be? :lol:

And more money spent on tobacco for me means less money spent on the kiddos - christmas and whatnot. Plus, my daughter's birthday is 12/31. Estoterica dropping right now is a wonderful AND terrible thing for me

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm
And more money spent on tobacco for me means less money spent on the kiddos - christmas and whatnot. Plus, my daughter's birthday is 12/31. Estoterica dropping right now is a wonderful AND terrible thing for me
I just tried to switch it. I have three kids and Christmas is coming so actually dropping the $18 was probably outside the budget but it won't break it. I can't order another tin so this will be fine and I will enjoy trying it this Christmas. (If I can wait till then to pop it, I have terrible self control and after all that is what jars are for.)

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 pm

I've never had this blend.

Reckon I still won't.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

AKPreacher
Usher
Usher