Deconstructing Christmas

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

Post Reply
User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Deconstructing Christmas

Post by FredS » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

8 Ways Magic Mushrooms Explain Santa Story

This is the sort of thing that shows up in your newsfeed when you live in Colorado. The link is from a group hosting "a 6 mini-course culinary mushroom 'Non Psychedelic' dinner" to raise money for and awareness of a petition to decriminalize psilocybin in CO.

Tuttle, Nature of a Man? I'm interested in your thoughts on living the high life, and the probability that our entire universe might nothing more than a psilocybin fueled trip of Munkey or Del.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by tuttle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:31 pm

I recall reading a similar theory explaining why Moses saw a burning bush that wasn't consumed and heard a voice speaking to him from it.
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21200
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by Jocose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm

I was never a fan of psychedelics but I've read that they can bring healing to people suffering from depression, addiction and other problems.

Theres a move to legalize psychedelic mushrooms here on the moonbase as well.

I've read about Ayahuasca ceremonies that are thousands of years old that have helped thousands of people.

I've read a lot about DMT and reports of how it may help certain issues.

A part of me also thinks that using these things for recreation is probably not advisable and that it may even open doors to a realm that shouldn't really be messed with
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by FredS » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:51 pm

I've seen some commentators on the Joe Rogan "Experience" podcast discuss it. There are actually guides who try to make the trip safe but it scares the bejeebers out of me. I don't like dis-associative experiences in the first place so I'd probably hate it. Or worse, I'd LOVE it and want to do it every day. It's not something I want to dip my toes in.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21200
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by Jocose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:56 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by FredS » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Ever hear of a fella called Father Jon Misty? He has a song about a "Canadian shaman that gave him a little too much" and he sort of flips out. The guy is a freakoid in the first place, I can't imagine what he's like on a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0ksTIagsg
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28688
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by coco » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:19 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm
...our entire universe might nothing more than a psilocybin fueled trip of Munkey or Del.
That would explain a lot.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14806
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by Cleon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 am

Papa Smurf looks like a little blue Santa. And he lives in a mushroom. Hmmmmmm.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am

I did a long research on Yule this year. I found a lot of interesting information. One thing about the mushrooms that I found most interesting is that the shaman would actually feed the mushrooms to the reindeer and then drink their urine. Somehow they found out this filtered and removed the mushroom toxins and only left the hallucinogens.


[EDIT] http://www.drugdiscoverytoday.com/view/ ... mushrooms/
Fly agaric mushrooms have long been used by man for their psychotropic properties but can be toxic. Reindeer can eat them without harm and having observed their effects on their livestock, reindeer herders in Europe and Asia have long collected reindeer urine as a safer way of taking this hallucinogen.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16985
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am
I did a long research on Yule this year. I found a lot of interesting information. One thing about the mushrooms that I found most interesting is that the shaman would actually feed the mushrooms to the reindeer and then drink their urine. Somehow they found out this filtered and removed the mushroom toxins and only left the hallucinogens.


[EDIT] http://www.drugdiscoverytoday.com/view/ ... mushrooms/
Fly agaric mushrooms have long been used by man for their psychotropic properties but can be toxic. Reindeer can eat them without harm and having observed their effects on their livestock, reindeer herders in Europe and Asia have long collected reindeer urine as a safer way of taking this hallucinogen.
That escalated quickly.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am
I did a long research on Yule this year. I found a lot of interesting information. One thing about the mushrooms that I found most interesting is that the shaman would actually feed the mushrooms to the reindeer and then drink their urine. Somehow they found out this filtered and removed the mushroom toxins and only left the hallucinogens.


[EDIT] http://www.drugdiscoverytoday.com/view/ ... mushrooms/
Fly agaric mushrooms have long been used by man for their psychotropic properties but can be toxic. Reindeer can eat them without harm and having observed their effects on their livestock, reindeer herders in Europe and Asia have long collected reindeer urine as a safer way of taking this hallucinogen.
That escalated quickly.

If given the choice between WHAM!'s Last Christmas and hallucinogenic reindeer urine, I'd choose hallucinogenic reindeer urine.
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 22151
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by JimVH » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 am

A fella has to want a Christmas trip real bad to drink deer pee.
Image

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by FredS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am

coco wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:19 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm
...our entire universe might be nothing more than a psilocybin fueled trip of Munkey or Del.
That would explain a lot.
Drinking reindeer urine, for one thing.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16985
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am
I did a long research on Yule this year. I found a lot of interesting information. One thing about the mushrooms that I found most interesting is that the shaman would actually feed the mushrooms to the reindeer and then drink their urine. Somehow they found out this filtered and removed the mushroom toxins and only left the hallucinogens.


[EDIT] http://www.drugdiscoverytoday.com/view/ ... mushrooms/
Fly agaric mushrooms have long been used by man for their psychotropic properties but can be toxic. Reindeer can eat them without harm and having observed their effects on their livestock, reindeer herders in Europe and Asia have long collected reindeer urine as a safer way of taking this hallucinogen.
That escalated quickly.

If given the choice between WHAM!'s Last Christmas and hallucinogenic reindeer urine, I'd choose hallucinogenic reindeer urine.
I’ve seen you in action. Frankly, I think you’ve had enough.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32992
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by John-Boy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Wow, I'm getting thirsty.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21200
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm

The air is getting slippery.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by FredS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm
The air is getting slippery.
Whoaaa :smoke:
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Deconstructing Christmas

Post by tuttle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 am

I miss Rusty. He'd have been all over this thread.
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Post Reply