POY 2019

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4201
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

POY 2019

Post by Fainn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Is it too early to get in on this?

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15069
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by Cleon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am

This is great. Thanks Fainn. Let me know when you start taking orders!
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: POY 2019

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 am

Is it too late to get in on this?
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 18150
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

Am I even interested in getting in on this?
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: POY 2019

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am
Am I even interested in getting in on this?
Yes you are. You're interested in putting together the 2019 POY mess including picking a shape, a maker, taking orders, finding out where the CPS stamp is, collecting money, arguing with CPS members about their unreasonable expectations, getting the pipes from the maker, boxing and shipping said pipes, dealing with the shipping service on the pipes that don't show up, then collecting all the accolades of your fellow CSPers for the bang up job you did.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4201
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: POY 2019

Post by Fainn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am
Am I even interested in getting in on this?
Yes you are. You're interested in putting together the 2019 POY mess including picking a shape, a maker, taking orders, finding out where the CPS stamp is, collecting money, arguing with CPS members about their unreasonable expectations, getting the pipes from the maker, boxing and shipping said pipes, dealing with the shipping service on the pipes that don't show up, then collecting all the accolades of your fellow CSPers for the bang up job you did.
Thanks Hugo for taking care of this
Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 18150
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 am
GaryInVA wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am
Am I even interested in getting in on this?
Yes you are. You're interested in putting together the 2019 POY mess including picking a shape, a maker, taking orders, finding out where the CPS stamp is, collecting money, arguing with CPS members about their unreasonable expectations, getting the pipes from the maker, boxing and shipping said pipes, dealing with the shipping service on the pipes that don't show up, then collecting all the accolades of your fellow CSPers for the bang up job you did.
Thanks Hugo for taking care of this
That’s a big fat hairy “no” on that one, good buddies. I salute all who have done it, and may they be blessed for it, but I’m not capable.

Besides, Del and I did it once. I like the idea of a good Marine doing it, though.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
kaydens
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by kaydens » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

How about this?
www.iBriar.com
Intuitive Browsing
Sensible Selection

"On land, at sea, at home, abroad,
I smoke my pipe and worship God."

~J. S. Bach

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

...or this

Image
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
rgcurrey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: POY 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Swell idea Fainn hope you and Hugo work out all the logistics. I say let's go for a DUBLIN.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15069
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by Cleon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
Swell idea Fainn hope you and Hugo work out all the logistics. I say let's go for a DUBLIN.
Over my dead body! 1/8 bent smooth bulldog or nothing.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22773
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by JimVH » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
I say let's go for a DUBLIN.
An idea rich with hope, optimism, and wisdom.

User avatar
Ether
Usher
Usher
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: POY 2019

Post by Ether » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm

How much is shipping?

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6603
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: POY 2019

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm

I say a spectacularly grained piece of plateau briar, mirror smooth fill-free finish, contrast stained in a classic long-shank shape with a hand cut stem (of course), matching stand, fountain pen, lighter and tamper for $25. Make that $20.

Is it done yet?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Ether
Usher
Usher
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: POY 2019

Post by Ether » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm
I say a spectacularly grained piece of plateau briar, mirror smooth fill-free finish, contrast stained in a classic long-shank shape with a hand cut stem (of course), matching stand, fountain pen, lighter and tamper for $25. Make that $20.

Is it done yet?
Hmm, quite expensive, I think. For $20 I would at least expect a silver army mount.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6603
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: POY 2019

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Ether wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm
I say a spectacularly grained piece of plateau briar, mirror smooth fill-free finish, contrast stained in a classic long-shank shape with a hand cut stem (of course), matching stand, fountain pen, lighter and tamper for $25. Make that $20.

Is it done yet?
Hmm, quite expensive, I think. For $20 I would at least expect a silver army mount.
Oh yeah...
Meant to add that.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29162
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by coco » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm
Ether wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm
I say a spectacularly grained piece of plateau briar, mirror smooth fill-free finish, contrast stained in a classic long-shank shape with a hand cut stem (of course), matching stand, fountain pen, lighter and tamper for $25. Make that $20.

Is it done yet?
Hmm, quite expensive, I think. For $20 I would at least expect a silver army mount.
Oh yeah...
Meant to add that.
How much is shipping?
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 18150
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm

coco wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm
Ether wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm
I say a spectacularly grained piece of plateau briar, mirror smooth fill-free finish, contrast stained in a classic long-shank shape with a hand cut stem (of course), matching stand, fountain pen, lighter and tamper for $25. Make that $20.

Is it done yet?
Hmm, quite expensive, I think. For $20 I would at least expect a silver army mount.
Oh yeah...
Meant to add that.
How much is shipping?
About $600.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4201
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: POY 2019

Post by Fainn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm

So, it's a poker?

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3554
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm
So, it's a poker?

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
I think they're actually planning to make it a sort of hybrid acorn-bulldog. They'll call it a corndog. They oringinally were thinking a hybrid horn-bulldog that was going to be called a horndog, but they didn't want a protest by the #metoo folks.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Post Reply