What's for dinner?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by UncleBob » Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Smoked sausage with macaroni and cheese.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut
Posts: 9845
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Alaskan smoked salmon appetizer and Chicken Parmesan with Zitti pasta
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3614
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by ryland » Tue May 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Chik-Fil-A
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by UncleBob » Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Pizza night:
  • Pizza #1: Pepperoni
  • Pizza #2: Smoked sausage, green chili, fresh jalapenos, and mustard sauce
:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26300
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 5:03 pm

It's unseasonably cool and rainy so I'm making chicken noodle soup. Probably the last soup until Autumn.
It's a last minute deal so I'm using frozen vegetables (celery is $2.99 a bunch here and it didn't look so good! 8O )
Accompanied by crusty bread and good wine, I'm looking forward to supper tonight.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9086
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by mont974x4 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Homemade chicken noodle soup



Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26300
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 pm
Homemade chicken noodle soup



Hello FredS
I like the way you think! 8)
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26300
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 5:16 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm
Pizza night:
  • Pizza #1: Pepperoni
  • Pizza #2: Smoked sausage, green chili, fresh jalapenos, and mustard sauce
:chili:
The Pepperoni is the kid's, right?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6473
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Chicken Livers
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9086
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by mont974x4 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Hovannes wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 pm
Homemade chicken noodle soup



Hello FredS
I like the way you think! 8)
It would seem we’ve had similar weather today too.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37308
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by UncleBob » Sat May 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:16 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm
Pizza night:
  • Pizza #1: Pepperoni
  • Pizza #2: Smoked sausage, green chili, fresh jalapenos, and mustard sauce
:chili:
The Pepperoni is the kid's, right?
The pepperoni was a safety pizza as I had never before made the other. Everyone ended up liking it and it is now in the rotation.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26300
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 8:55 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:16 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm
Pizza night:
  • Pizza #1: Pepperoni
  • Pizza #2: Smoked sausage, green chili, fresh jalapenos, and mustard sauce
:chili:
The Pepperoni is the kid's, right?
The pepperoni was a safety pizza as I had never before made the other. Everyone ended up liking it and it is now in the rotation.
I love pizza, but if I eat pizza my blood sugar goes out of whack :(
I'm pretty sure Jalapenos negate the harmful side effects. Or they should. Or at least I hope they do.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11135
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 am

Last night was chili from a can (Wolf Brand), with sour cream, green onions, grated cheese, Fritos and kidney beans on the side. Mint juleps before dinner. Grape popsicles for dessert. Hallmark channel was on til we went to bed.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24346
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by JimVH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I’m working on a plate full of carne guisada. Easily the best I’ve ever had.

I’m now on a mission to match it at home.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26300
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Hovannes » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Tonight Mrs Hov made chicken fajitas!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9086
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Chicken Florentine


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11135
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

This afternoon I bought a lb of large Gulf shrimp, and boiled them with a little Zatarain's. While they cooled off in a bowl of ice I chopped up a small onion, cut up an avocado and a tomato, added a little lemon juice and a whole bottle of cocktail sauce. Then I peeled the shrimp, added them to the mix, coating everything in the sauce.

We sat down with a bowl of fresh chips, a few nachos, the shrimp cocktail, and some Apothic Red. Beer would've been better but oh well, maybe next time.

We plan to sit around here at the house for a bit then decide on dessert.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut
Posts: 9845
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Large order delivered by Schwan's so some of their Filet Mignon, w/ grilled mushrooms, small Yukon Gold potatoes, and buttered Brussels Sprouts. Red wine. 1st time I have ever ordered from Schwan's. Filet Mignon was perfect 6 ounce.

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut
Posts: 9845
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm
This afternoon I bought a lb of large Gulf shrimp, and boiled them with a little Zatarain's. While they cooled off in a bowl of ice I chopped up a small onion, cut up an avocado and a tomato, added a little lemon juice and a whole bottle of cocktail sauce. Then I peeled the shrimp, added them to the mix, coating everything in the sauce.

We sat down with a bowl of fresh chips, a few nachos, the shrimp cocktail, and some Apothic Red. Beer would've been better but oh well, maybe next time.

We plan to sit around here at the house for a bit then decide on dessert.
Sounds yummy!!!!
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11135
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm
This afternoon I bought a lb of large Gulf shrimp, and boiled them with a little Zatarain's. While they cooled off in a bowl of ice I chopped up a small onion, cut up an avocado and a tomato, added a little lemon juice and a whole bottle of cocktail sauce. Then I peeled the shrimp, added them to the mix, coating everything in the sauce.

We sat down with a bowl of fresh chips, a few nachos, the shrimp cocktail, and some Apothic Red. Beer would've been better but oh well, maybe next time.

We plan to sit around here at the house for a bit then decide on dessert.
Sounds yummy!!!!
It was, thanks. A little cilantro and a pinch of horseradish perhaps would enhance it, but it's a very good shrimp cocktail regardless.

BTW I see those Schwan's delivery trucks in our neighborhood, and always picture them as milk trucks like in the old days. That's a nice looking steak in your post.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Post Reply