The Latest Batman is...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply

Who Played the Best Batman?

Adam West (Campy Batman)
3
23%
Michael Keaton (Burton Batman)
3
23%
Val Kilmer (Neon Villains Batman)
0
No votes
George Clooney (Bat Nipples Batman)
0
No votes
Christian Bale (Growly Voice Batman)
3
23%
Will Arnett (LEGO Batman)
4
31%
Ben Affleck (Never Got His Own Movie Batman)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13968
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

The Latest Batman is...

Post by tuttle » Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 am

Robert Pattinson

Image


When I first heard this last night I was all "ugh...stupid, so stupid"

But I've done this in the past. I remember when I heard Heath Ledger was going to play the Joker and I was convinced it was a horrible choice. I freely admit how wrong I was. I think Ledger's Joker is the best acted character in any Batman movie ever.

Then when I heard Ben Affleck would play Batman I actually didn't watch Batman vs Superman in theatres because I knew he'd suck at it. Now he wasn't the best Batman, but I actually liked him when I eventually saw the movie.

So I'm going to trust my untrustworthy gut here and give Pattinson the benefit of the doubt. I hope that doesn't jinx it but I think he might actually be an interesting choice. Especially with the direction the next movie is going to go. Director Matt Reeves said:
“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films,” Reeves explained. “The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.”
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16547
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by gaining_age » Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 am

tuttle wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 am
Robert Pattinson

Image


When I first heard this last night I was all "ugh...stupid, so stupid"

But I've done this in the past. I remember when I heard Heath Ledger was going to play the Joker and I was convinced it was a horrible choice. I freely admit how wrong I was. I think Ledger's Joker is the best acted character in any Batman movie ever.

Then when I heard Ben Affleck would play Batman I actually didn't watch Batman vs Superman in theatres because I knew he'd suck at it. Now he wasn't the best Batman, but I actually liked him when I eventually saw the movie.

So I'm going to trust my untrustworthy gut here and give Pattinson the benefit of the doubt. I hope that doesn't jinx it but I think he might actually be an interesting choice. Especially with the direction the next movie is going to go. Director Matt Reeves said:
“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films,” Reeves explained. “The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.”
That director description sounds a lot like the theme behind Electro Woman and Dyna Girl (the original) with them bouncing theories off Frank in HQ.

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4923
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Joshoowah » Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 pm

tuttle wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 am
Robert Pattinson

Image


When I first heard this last night I was all "ugh...stupid, so stupid"

But I've done this in the past. I remember when I heard Heath Ledger was going to play the Joker and I was convinced it was a horrible choice. I freely admit how wrong I was. I think Ledger's Joker is the best acted character in any Batman movie ever.

Then when I heard Ben Affleck would play Batman I actually didn't watch Batman vs Superman in theatres because I knew he'd suck at it. Now he wasn't the best Batman, but I actually liked him when I eventually saw the movie.

So I'm going to trust my untrustworthy gut here and give Pattinson the benefit of the doubt. I hope that doesn't jinx it but I think he might actually be an interesting choice. Especially with the direction the next movie is going to go. Director Matt Reeves said:
“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films,” Reeves explained. “The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.”
Well, it did kind of play a part in leading to his death, among other things.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie
Posts: 17020
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Kerdy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Christian Bale was the best, followed by Ben Affleck. Trust me, I don't like either of them, but they did a good job as Batman.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 9213
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Goose55 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:01 am

Kerdy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm
I hate to say it, but I think Christian Bale was the best, followed by Ben Affleck. Trust me, I don't like either of them, but they did a good job as Batman.
Yes, Bale was stellar in Batman Begins. I don't think any other actor is going to top him.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 20227
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by wosbald » Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am

+JMJ+

No Kevin Conroy in da poll?

Wassup wit dat?!?

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Fainn » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm

wosbald wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am
+JMJ+

No Kevin Conroy in da poll?

Wassup wit dat?!?

Image
I bought the first season a couple of weeks ago. Imagine having a pastor and his intern come over to discuss godly parents and I'm watching a cartoon!
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16547
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by gaining_age » Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Fainn wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm
wosbald wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am
+JMJ+

No Kevin Conroy in da poll?

Wassup wit dat?!?

Image
I bought the first season a couple of weeks ago. Imagine having a pastor and his intern come over to discuss godly parents and I'm watching a cartoon!
Nothing wrong with that-- I was once reading Francis Bacon while watching "The Three Amigos".
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Winton » Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 am

Fainn wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm
wosbald wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am
+JMJ+

No Kevin Conroy in da poll?

Wassup wit dat?!?

Image
I bought the first season a couple of weeks ago. Imagine having a pastor and his intern come over to discuss godly parents and I'm watching a cartoon!
What's wrong with watching cartoons? OK, there are different types of cartoons. There are some aimed at pre-school kids, some for teens, some for ADULTS, and some like Bugs Bunny that are aimed at small kids and grown ups. LEGO BATMAN for the win! All ages can find things to enjoy in that movie.
In another LEGO movie, the skeletons were explaining to the evil wizard why they were unable to capture the hero. . . WHY COULDN'T YOU CAPTURE ONE KNIGHT ??????? "It was a dark and stormy knight."

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 22144
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by Jocose » Sun May 19, 2019 3:33 pm

RIP Adam West, there will never be a real Batman again.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13968
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Latest Batman is...

Post by tuttle » Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 am

Kerdy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm
I hate to say it, but I think Christian Bale was the best, followed by Ben Affleck. Trust me, I don't like either of them, but they did a good job as Batman.
Christian Bale was good. I think The Dark Knight the best Batman movie of all time. But his Batman voice is ridiculous. For that reason Michael Keaton edges out Bale as the best live action Batman, mainly because no one would think Keaton's Bruce Wayne was Batman. Keaton is an Everyman. Bale had the best movies. Affleck had the best 'look'. Keaton was best across the board.

But LEGO Batman takes the cake for me.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Post Reply