Austrians told to stop kissing cows

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25431
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Hovannes » Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/world/austrians ... -challenge
Hmmmm....it is noteworthy that implied consent doesn't appear to be an issue in Europe.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip
Posts: 4877
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:00 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by DAN » Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm

You wouldn't have to tell me not to kiss cows. I kinda take it for granted.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 18961
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by hugodrax » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

DAN wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm
You wouldn't have to tell me not to kiss cows. I kinda take it for granted.
That's because you live by the old code. One of the reasons I would feel rock assured in your company.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Winton » Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am

We raised cows when I was young. At that point, I was much smaller. Apparently, when a young bull starts to grow horns, they itch like crazy. So one of the bulls decided to scratch his horns on my chest. The worst part was that he had me pushed up against the barbed wire fence at the time.

No, I have no desire to get up close and personal with a cow. They are big, dirty, stupid, etc. Their only redeeming quality is when they are on the grill.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29556
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by coco » Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am

article wrote:...could lead to people getting trampled to death by upset cows
The lawyers say, "Don't kiss cows."
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25431
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 1:27 pm

coco wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am
article wrote:...could lead to people getting trampled to death by upset cows
The lawyers say, "Don't kiss cows."
Are goats exempt?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25431
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Winton wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am
We raised cows when I was young. At that point, I was much smaller. Apparently, when a young bull starts to grow horns, they itch like crazy. So one of the bulls decided to scratch his horns on my chest. The worst part was that he had me pushed up against the barbed wire fence at the time.

No, I have no desire to get up close and personal with a cow. They are big, dirty, stupid, etc. Their only redeeming quality is when they are on the grill.
A bull is not a cow. Was it a bull who self identifies as a cow?
I have vivid memories as a youngster of being introduced to those little horns on a baby bull 8-O
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29556
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by coco » Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:27 pm
coco wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am
article wrote:...could lead to people getting trampled to death by upset cows
The lawyers say, "Don't kiss cows."
Are goats exempt?
Common sense should tell you not to kiss a goat.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25431
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Hovannes » Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 pm

coco wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:27 pm
coco wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am
article wrote:...could lead to people getting trampled to death by upset cows
The lawyers say, "Don't kiss cows."
Are goats exempt?
Common sense should tell you not to kiss a goat.
What about Trigger?
Image
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Winton » Sun May 19, 2019 5:18 am

Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 pm
Winton wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am
We raised cows when I was young. At that point, I was much smaller. Apparently, when a young bull starts to grow horns, they itch like crazy. So one of the bulls decided to scratch his horns on my chest. The worst part was that he had me pushed up against the barbed wire fence at the time.

No, I have no desire to get up close and personal with a cow. They are big, dirty, stupid, etc. Their only redeeming quality is when they are on the grill.
A bull is not a cow. Was it a bull who self identifies as a cow?
I have vivid memories as a youngster of being introduced to those little horns on a baby bull 8-O
Hovannes, you are correct. Technically a bull is not a cow. But they both are in the category of bovine horribleness. We raised cows, as a collective description, until we had finished eating their predecessor. This always happened before bull/cow dispute became relevant.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25431
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Hovannes » Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am

Winton wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:18 am
Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 pm
Winton wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am
We raised cows when I was young. At that point, I was much smaller. Apparently, when a young bull starts to grow horns, they itch like crazy. So one of the bulls decided to scratch his horns on my chest. The worst part was that he had me pushed up against the barbed wire fence at the time.

No, I have no desire to get up close and personal with a cow. They are big, dirty, stupid, etc. Their only redeeming quality is when they are on the grill.
A bull is not a cow. Was it a bull who self identifies as a cow?
I have vivid memories as a youngster of being introduced to those little horns on a baby bull 8-O
Hovannes, you are correct. Technically a bull is not a cow. But they both are in the category of bovine horribleness. We raised cows, as a collective description, until we had finished eating their predecessor. This always happened before bull/cow dispute became relevant.
More relevant to the social norms of the day, are there bulls who self identify as cows? Or cows who self identify as bulls? And if there are, does that Bovine identity take precedence over Biology? :confused:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 18961
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by hugodrax » Sun May 19, 2019 7:28 am

Hovannes wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am
Winton wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:18 am
Hovannes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 pm
Winton wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am
We raised cows when I was young. At that point, I was much smaller. Apparently, when a young bull starts to grow horns, they itch like crazy. So one of the bulls decided to scratch his horns on my chest. The worst part was that he had me pushed up against the barbed wire fence at the time.

No, I have no desire to get up close and personal with a cow. They are big, dirty, stupid, etc. Their only redeeming quality is when they are on the grill.
A bull is not a cow. Was it a bull who self identifies as a cow?
I have vivid memories as a youngster of being introduced to those little horns on a baby bull 8-O
Hovannes, you are correct. Technically a bull is not a cow. But they both are in the category of bovine horribleness. We raised cows, as a collective description, until we had finished eating their predecessor. This always happened before bull/cow dispute became relevant.
More relevant to the social norms of the day, are there bulls who self identify as cows? Or cows who self identify as bulls? And if there are, does that Bovine identity take precedence over Biology? :confused:
Silence, Boomer!
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38892
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Del » Sun May 19, 2019 6:09 pm

DAN wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm
You wouldn't have to tell me not to kiss cows. I kinda take it for granted.
Maybe I would. It would depend on the cow.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3844
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Sir Moose » Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 pm

Cavalry Sgt.: How do I know this is your horse?

Paden: Can't you see this horse loves me?

Cavalry Sgt.: I had a gal do that to me. It didn't make her my wife.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 23490
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by JimVH » Sun May 19, 2019 11:03 pm

I’m afraid I would pick an ugly cow and people would laugh.
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 22446
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Home Sweet California at the Beach!

Re: Austrians told to stop kissing cows

Post by Thunktank » Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:03 pm
I’m afraid I would pick an ugly cow and people would laugh.
:lol:

Don’t worry. We will laugh anyway. :P
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

Post Reply