Big and Bold

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Big and Bold

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:25 pm

I was looking for a big heavy hitter that might have a little less "Harsh" than Big and Burley and Bayou Nights. It was suggested that I try Daughters and Ryan Ryback Regular. Well the price was right...way right so an 8oz bag is headed my direction.

Do any of you have any experience with this? I almost ordered Picayune but in the reviews it said it was a match for an old long gone brand of cigarette tobacco and I wasn't interested in that taste so...

I figured at the price ($1.38 an oz) I couldn't go to wrong...but then again
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Re: Big and Bold

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 am

$1.38 an oz is an unheard of price. Looking forward to what you have to say about it.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 am

I got into it last night. I is a fine cut and was ready to smoke out of the bag. It is a burley blend and it was ok. I see reviews that say sweet, spicy, bold, strong...I didn't get that in the first bowl. It was just OK. I will give it a try in a smaller bowl and see if the flavors come through. For now, it was not a win...it may be a good blending mix or mixing blend.
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Blood, have you ever had GL Pease JackKnife Plug? It's fairly strong but the flavor is ever so good. It also comes in a ready rubbed version.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:56 pm
Blood, have you ever had GL Pease JackKnife Plug? It's fairly strong but the flavor is ever so good. It also comes in a ready rubbed version.
Yup...I sent you a PM.

I like Jack Knife too. I just really liked the price of the Ryback...it may come into its own with a smaller bowl...the bowl on the Stanwell 11 is big and wide. I will give it a try in the FredS Lovat tonight
Scott ( aka - Thor )