Adventures with Natural Gas

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Adventures with Natural Gas

Post by Winton » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Most of the homes in our area use natural gas for heating, cooking, hot water etc. Two days ago, my wife smelled gas. We called the gas company and they came later that night. They found a pipe in the basement that had a small leak. Per regulations, they turned off our gas, until the problem is fixed.

We scheduled a plumber to come the next morning to do the repairs. After this was done, we call the gas company to inspect. They found the repair caused a new leak at a different place. Again they turn off gas, and we call the plumber again.

He came today and fixed it again. The gas company tested again and said the leak was resolved. But all the work had caused a third problem outside at the meter. The gas company replaced our meter. We are looking forward to hot water again.

But, then he told me that this is only a temporary fix. They will need to install a bigger / better one later. They will schedule a time with us in a few weeks for the final repair. Something to look forward to.

If any of you were expecting a farting story, I am sorry to disappoint you.

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Adventures with Natural Gas

Post by JimVH » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:32 pm

We had a similar scenario last year. You forget what a luxury a hot shower is until something like that happens. They installed a wireless automatic reporting meter and my bills went down and have been much more consistent than the old meter that required human reading.

I’m pretty sure my issue had a corresponding fart story, but I’ll spare you.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Winton wrote: If any of you were expecting a farting story, I am sorry to disappoint you.
Cue Fainn in 3 ... 2 ....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm
Winton wrote: If any of you were expecting a farting story, I am sorry to disappoint you.
Cue Fainn in 3 ... 2 ....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Haters gonna hate - Proverbs 9:8.