Review of Creme Brulee from Sutliff

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Review of Creme Brulee from Sutliff

Post by Winton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Recently, someone on one of the forums I use, offered 1 lb of Crème Brulee from Sutliff to anyone that wanted it. He stated that he enjoyed it, but apparently had too much Scotch before placing his next tobacco order. The package arrived today and I tried my first bowl of it. I used my pipe from JMG, which is dedicated to aromatics. Stanley, expect something in the mail soon.

This tobacco is just like it's name. It smelled very sweet in the package and tasted sweet all through the smoke. I was worried that it would be hard to smoke, since it was wet. But, I only used two matches to light and it burned consistently all the way down. I think that this blend was well named. It was very sweet, but I never experienced any tongue burn. The taste was consistent all through the smoke. The blend reminds me of the actual desert. It is a little too sweet for a regular smoke. I only have the actual dessert when I am going out for dinner at a fine restaurant.

I have tried many aromatic blends, that need a litte more flavor. I think adding some of this blend to other aromatics that you might enjoy. That will increase the sweet factor. I have several aromatics I enjoy, but this might really help them. The blend is mild, so no danger of getting a buzz from it.

If anyone at the CCPD wants to try some, I will bring this to the next meeting to share.

UncleGabe
Congregation
Congregation

Re: Review of Creme Brulee from Sutliff

Post by UncleGabe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Have just received my order of Sutliff Creme Brulee in the mail, and will try it out tonight.

I have also created my cellaring label,

and have the 4 oz properly stored.

This is the review that encouraged me to try this one out:
MOLTO DOLCE.......just wanted to get your attention, and make a point. If you want a less expensive alternative to Molto Dolce, for which I have been searching.......this is it!

All the qualities of Molto Dolce, but ratcheted down a tad bit in richness. Not greasy, no gunk. Just needs to be dried out for a day or two. Burns straight down to the ash. Almost, the same casing, but absolutely no bite, unless you smoke like a train.

If you are a non-aro person, same advice as with Molto Dolce......stay the heck away, and smoke pine needles and peat bogs, with a bit of Oriental for taste.

For those of us who prefer creaminess and sweetness in the mouth, olfactory bliss, and wonderful room note, this will do it.

Very underestimated and for an inexpensive blend.

Pipe Used: Meer

Age When Smoked: Out of pouch, and dried. for a day or two.

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: Molto Dolce.
I found it on TobaccoReviews.com

I'm eager to try it out.
From the Study of:
Gabriel Theodoulos
S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, Triskelion
"Fumas Est Ad Gloriam Dei"

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 pm

I just saw this post. I'm glad you liked it. It was too sweet for me. I got your package thanks.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Winton wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm
Recently, someone on one of the forums I use, offered 1 lb of Crème Brulee from Sutliff to anyone that wanted it. He stated that he enjoyed it, but apparently had too much Scotch before placing his next tobacco order. The package arrived today and I tried my first bowl of it. I used my pipe from JMG, which is dedicated to aromatics. Stanley, expect something in the mail soon.

This tobacco is just like it's name. It smelled very sweet in the package and tasted sweet all through the smoke. I was worried that it would be hard to smoke, since it was wet. But, I only used two matches to light and it burned consistently all the way down. I think that this blend was well named. It was very sweet, but I never experienced any tongue burn. The taste was consistent all through the smoke. The blend reminds me of the actual desert. [ 8O ] It is a little too sweet for a regular smoke. I only have the actual dessert ohhhhh ok when I am going out for dinner at a fine restaurant. Taco Bell?

I have tried many aromatic blends, that need a little more flavor. I think adding some of this blend to other aromatics that you might enjoy. That will increase the sweet factor. I have several aromatics I enjoy, but this might really help them. The blend is mild, so no danger of getting a buzz from it. An aromatic mixer. Fascinating.

If anyone at the CCPD Central Chicago Police Department? wants to try some, I will bring this to the next meeting to share. You have meetings?
DL Jake

how is your scrotum? - Roadmaster

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Bought a 1.5oz pouch last year. Smoked two bowls and gave the rest away. The aroma is much stronger than the flavor, and it is beyond drenched in PG and perhaps other humectants. It is the poster-child of goopy aromatics. My wife said that the sweet aroma of it is sickeningly sweet, and she'd rather I go back to smoking my nonaromatics in the house.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis