2 Timothy Hewa Trip...

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
JMG
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year

2 Timothy Hewa Trip...

Post by JMG » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 pm

My family and I returned from being in Hewa the last couple weeks. Overall, the trip went really well. Jessi's health was decent, for the most part. We found out after arrive back to town and checking e-mail that our med-evac insurance for some reason (still trying to figure it out) was stopped and we needed to reapply. So...VERY thankful there were no major illnesses or broken bones while we were in there. For the most part, the teaching went really well. There were eight lessons in total. We started on Saturday and taught two lessons a day, one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. In between those two I would teach the church elders the lessons for the following day. They did most of the teaching to the church. I gave some support here and there, but not really because they needed it, they did a pretty great job, but just to strengthen what they were already teaching well. The kids, especially my youngest, loved being "home". She was only two when we moved there so she's lived there longer than anywhere else in her life. We had some really great times as a family. Spent a lot of time in the river together, playing and exploring. One of our main Bible teachers came up to me after one of the lessons and, while looking at the printed lesson, said, "John Michael, I see this really well. You really wrote this in 'here talk' (there are mixed dialects in our village and so he meant that I wrote it in the true dialect of that area)." Another guy, when he prayed said, "God, thank you for not letting Jessi die so they could come back here and teach us this book. We trust in Jesus' death and resurrection, but we still do some of these bad things so it's good for us to hear this and it makes our hearts stronger." There were some frustrating things as well, but overall it was a good trip. Thanks so much for continuing to pray for and encourage us.

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: 2 Timothy Hewa Trip...

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Awesome. Was praying for you all often.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Success and good health!

That’s my prayer then and that’s my prayer now.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 am

Awesome video, John Michael.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:11 am

i've been praying for you and your family and will continue. I really love your videos dude and I love what you are doing over there. One of my preacher's favorite topics is spreading the Word in our everyday lives, so I sent him your video. I hate to think of the times that I could have shared the Lord's message in my day to day life and didn't do it. What you and your family is doing is an inspiration. I know what you are thinking, "It's about Jesus, not me" but the truth is you are letting the Lord speak through you. I should do more of that and I plan to. Thanks again.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"